Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 09:13:15 pm

Author Topic: I need to be outside more  (Read 2591 times)

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
I need to be outside more
« on: May 20, 2019, 08:48:18 pm »
+9
When I'm having a shitty day/week/month/life I tend to hide inside a lot, despite (and sometimes because) knowing that being outside will help at least a little.
So I should probably stop doing that. I have approximately 0 intrinsic interest in going outside at the moment though. Attempting to take pretty photos is my motivation for actually doing it at the moment. But I can't keep taking more photos at the same places lol so I need some other reason to force myself to leave my room.

Don't know how often I'm actually going to post here, but someone yell at me if I start ignoring it <3
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: I need to be outside more
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 12:27:27 pm »
How are you tracking? :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 01:04:08 pm »
+6
How are you tracking? :)
Not as well as I'd like, I think I actually spent time outside on four or five of the days since I've posted that. Ideally it'd be everyday lol. To be fair though, most of last week was a complete mess and it's been raining the last few days. It's definitely harder now that it's barely above freezing unless it's the middle of the day and I'm in the sun. I desperately need a pair of gloves. Having said that, it's not raining today so I think I might go for a walk on the other side of civic, I tend to just go over to the lake or south canberra, so there's this whole quarter of central canberra that I haven't really seen still

Here, I made a bad map of the important places in canberra

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 09:21:30 am »
+3
When I'm having a shitty day/week/month/life I tend to hide inside a lot, despite (and sometimes because) knowing that being outside will help at least a little.
So I should probably stop doing that. I have approximately 0 intrinsic interest in going outside at the moment though. Attempting to take pretty photos is my motivation for actually doing it at the moment. But I can't keep taking more photos at the same places lol so I need some other reason to force myself to leave my room.

Don't know how often I'm actually going to post here, but someone yell at me if I start ignoring it <3
Hi there,
I noticed you managed to get outside just yesterday, well done. :)
Whereabouts would you say your favourite spot is?
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 10:03:55 am »
+4
Hi there,
I noticed you managed to get outside just yesterday, well done. :)
Whereabouts would you say your favourite spot is?
Was this morning, not yesterday. For some reason I thought it'd be a good idea to go for a bike ride when the apparent temperature was -3 and there was strong winds Was a nice ride regardless, although I didn't get to see the sunrise because of all the clouds :'(

Don't really have a favourite spot - although if I'm just going to sit outside there's two spots along the lake that are close and have super pretty views so I tend to go to one of those. Walking or riding anywhere around the lake is really pretty - there's 3 sections, I've been around the west section once (that's when I was spamming the chat with a bunch of photos a few weeks ago). I went around the center section this morning, and walked around it a few days ago. I think the east section ends at Jerrabomberra wetlands, so I guess I've done half of it.
That didn't really answer your question haha, but anywhere along the lake :) Also mt. Ainslie but it's a bit of a walk to get to the top.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 10:13:27 am »
+3
Props to you for getting out there when it's approximately 68 degrees below freezing haha.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 12:24:35 pm »
+7
Went for a ride this morning. Just about turned into an icicle, it was 10 degrees warmer yesterday morning, but of course I went for a ride this morning and not yesterday.

Have barely been outside since I last posted here, but exams be like that. Almost done with exams, then a month holiday, hopefully I'll convince myself to go for a ride (or a walk, but I mostly prefer riding), every day - I figure after a month of doing it everyday, it should be enough of a habit that I can't mess it up. Good luck to me when we hit spring and all the magpies start attacking though lol.

I actually love going for rides early in the morning - I didn't realise how enjoyable it is until I started doing it, it really does help wake me up lol (if I can convince myself to get out of bed in the first place).

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 02:47:57 pm »
+5
Been a while since I updated this.

Been working and not doing much else during the week. Have gone and climbed a few mountains (mountains in name only, I think they’re too low to be called mountains), but haven’t found any yet with better views than Davidson’s hill (although Mt. Ainslie is very close and wins for sunsets).

Last day of work is Thursday, going camping for a week ish just after that then back to uni. Will be interesting to see how things go once classes start (although the entirety of my compulsory classes is two afternoons a week, but I should probably go more than that haha).

Looking forward to being able to do my morning rides to go watch the sunrise again :)

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 08:16:03 pm »
+4
Hey, how are you going with this?

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 12:34:51 pm »
+7
Hey, how are you going with this?
Not as well as I wish I was.

Camping was fun, but i came back home early because i hurt my knee :'( It seems to be fine now but I also haven't walked very far on it.

Have yet to go for my morning rides again, waking up in the middle of the night every night after nightmares about people trying to kill me and/or people killing my friends makes getting up at 5:30 very unappealing. Not going tomorrow morning either because classes start again (it's just lectures so i could skip, but probably a bad habit to start the semester with).

Don't really feel like doing too much exercise today, but I think I'm gonna go down to the lake and try to find some birds later this arvo, the weather is too nice to not go outside :)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 03:12:53 pm »
+1
the weather is too nice to not go outside :)

Completely agree! Enjoy!! Do you have any birds in particular you want to find?

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2019, 04:29:57 pm »
+3
Completely agree! Enjoy!! Do you have any birds in particular you want to find?
Nah, just really want to actually take a decent photo of a bird flying for once haha. There’s isn’t that much variety in the species around the lake. I got visited by a couple of swans though! They’re so beautiful and I love the sound they make 😍

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2019, 09:11:49 pm »
How've you been going with this?

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2019, 03:59:24 pm »
+8
Most of august was quite bad but the last couple of weeks have been better.

I haven't been going for my morning rides very frequently, but I've been outside most of the day every day for the last week or so (and now have weird patches of sunburn to show for it haha). Going camping next week which should be nice :) I want to go back to riding in the mornings, but it's hard when I can't sleep at night, I have mid sem break for the next couple of weeks, not sure if it'll make my sleeping habits better or worse haha