Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:47:04 pm

Author Topic: Junk food has got to go  (Read 2256 times)

tocoolforschool

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Junk food has got to go
« on: March 26, 2019, 11:05:11 am »
+8
As I am starting yr 11/12 this year, I really want to look after myself so I can do the best possible job.

For this reason I'm going to cut out all the sugary, junky food that seems to find itself in my mouth more often than not.

This is why I am going to keep a daily record of my junk food, trying to restrict myself to one treat a day.

Wish me luck,
TCFS
I may not be the strongest. I may not be the smartest. But I'm damn well going to try my hardest.

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: Junk food has got to go
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 11:46:58 am »
+7
As I am starting yr 11/12 this year, I really want to look after myself so I can do the best possible job.

For this reason I'm going to cut out all the sugary, junky food that seems to find itself in my mouth more often than not.

This is why I am going to keep a daily record of my junk food, trying to restrict myself to one treat a day.

Wish me luck,
TCFS

Good on you! :)
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd

tocoolforschool

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 03:25:46 pm »
+5
So its my first day after making that commitment, and although the junk food has definitely lessened and the day is not at all over I still didn't reach my desired goal.

Today I have already had 2 milks and milos, some 'healthy' sugary cereal and as I made packet mix biscuits, I ate some of those. I did eat two pieces of fruit as well though!

Let's hope tomorrow goes better! ;D
I may not be the strongest. I may not be the smartest. But I'm damn well going to try my hardest.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 03:26:34 pm »
+5
So its my first day after making that commitment, and although the junk food has definitely lessened and the day is not at all over I still didn't reach my desired goal.

Today I have already had 2 milks and milos, some 'healthy' sugary cereal and as I made packet mix biscuits, I ate some of those. I did eat two pieces of fruit as well though!

Let's hope tomorrow goes better! ;D

Progress is progress - nice work. :) Going cold turkey can be tough!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

_OwO_

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 06:51:13 pm »
+1

Wish me luck,
TCFS

Goodluck!! much more organsied than I was when I started the HSC  ;D

tocoolforschool

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 01:36:58 pm »
+3
I haven't posted for a while, because I haven't been doing to well.  :-[
What I have discovered though is milk and milo seems to be my addiction, so from now on I'm going to allow one milk and milo plus one sweet treat.

This I have managed so far today! I had a milk and milo plus some chocolate creme eggs...so no more sweet junky food for me today! ;D

tocoolforschool

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 11:12:52 am »
+3
Yesterday I successfully only drank one milk and milo plus a chocolate cookie as our sweet stuff!!!

Today I've already had some lightly salted popcorn, does this count as junk food?

tocoolforschool

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 04:12:18 pm »
+3
So, I haven't posted much lately because I find being on holidays does not help me in trying to eat healthy, as The pantry is often a few steps away and full of all kinds of yummy unhealthy stuff.

Today though I have successfully had only one milk and milo and one choc chip cookie. Thus, I can have no more junk food today!  :D

And if anyone's wondering why I even care about what's going in my mouth, here are a few things to check out;
Tipping the Scales - Four Corners - ABC
https://draxe.com/is-sugar-bad-for-you/
https://rightasrain.uwmedicine.org/body/food/just-how-bad-sugar-you-really
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/healthyeating/9987825/Sweet-poison-why-sugar-is-ruining-our-health.html

I was only given one body and I need to look after it!  :D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 04:25:05 pm by tocoolforschool »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 06:14:10 pm »
+1
Nice work!

Do you plan on sticking to this over Easter?

tocoolforschool

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 11:56:02 am »
+1
Nice work!

Do you plan on sticking to this over Easter?

Thanks!

;D This may be hard... but I do plan on minimising the amount of chocolate that goes in my mouth!
And as long as it's dark chocolate I don't believe it's junk food?

Hot cross buns though...They may well be my down fall!  ;)  ;D

mango8

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +58
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 08:29:01 pm »

Hot cross buns are really yum. How is it going at the moment? I definitely think you're doing really well so far, and believe in you to keep going! And enjoy that dark chocolate, it's too dang good for its own good, a little bit is just fine and delicious :)

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2019, 09:26:47 am »
+1
Thanks!

;D This may be hard... but I do plan on minimising the amount of chocolate that goes in my mouth!
And as long as it's dark chocolate I don't believe it's junk food?

Hey there friend, how's it looking? Any updates now that hot cross buns are back to hiding?
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating