Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:01:51 am

Author Topic: Physics bridging course for BMS1031  (Read 1234 times)  Share 

ewufhwuie

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Physics bridging course for BMS1031
« on: March 07, 2019, 07:29:27 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm a biomed first year; currently doing the BMS1031 - I was wondering if there was a bridging course for students who haven't done physics, provided either officially or unofficially by the university. I haven't formally done physics in about 3 or so years so I'm a bit rusty and finding it hard to conceptualise some of the concepts in medical biophysics. Any and all help is appreciated!

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Physics bridging course for BMS1031
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 07:46:23 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm a biomed first year; currently doing the BMS1031 - I was wondering if there was a bridging course for students who haven't done physics, provided either officially or unofficially by the university. I haven't formally done physics in about 3 or so years so I'm a bit rusty and finding it hard to conceptualise some of the concepts in medical biophysics. Any and all help is appreciated!
physics isn't a prerequisite for that course so I don't think there will be any bridging courses (the semester has already started too).

You'll find that the majority of students in that course will be doing physics for the first time since year 10 so you are definitely not alone. There should be PASS sessions for students in BMS1031 (for any student regardless of physics background and can be helpful - especially for a first semester university student). Also don't let the name make it sound remedial because students who attend those classes generally do better than the cohort as a whole.