Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:36:18 am

Author Topic: Could i get at least 90?  (Read 1938 times)  Share 

Elenaa

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Could i get at least 90?
« on: October 08, 2016, 09:09:45 pm »
Hi ! my current atar estimate is 85, and i really want to get at least a 90 atar just because i dont really know what i want to do yet and i was wondering if its possible because i hear people saying that the atar estimate is really accurate as to what you will get in the hsc... so i dont know

jakesilove

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Synergising your ATAR potential"
  • Respect: +196
Re: Could i get at least 90?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 09:11:57 pm »
Hi ! my current atar estimate is 85, and i really want to get at least a 90 atar just because i dont really know what i want to do yet and i was wondering if its possible because i hear people saying that the atar estimate is really accurate as to what you will get in the hsc... so i dont know

You absolutely can. If you study hard, smash out your exams, and play to your strengths, a 90 is definitely within your reach. Remember that you can change your mark projection enormously by the time the HSC rolls around, but you'll have to put in the work. Identify your weaknesses, and focus on fixing them. Use these forums whenever you have a question. Let us know if we can help you in a more specific way.

Don't feel disheartened by an estimate!

jake
ATAR: 99.80

Mathematics Extension 2: 93
Physics: 93
Chemistry: 93
Modern History: 94
English Advanced: 95
Mathematics: 96
Mathematics Extension 1: 98

Studying a combined Advanced Science/Law degree at UNSW

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 09:14:51 pm »

Not really.

Right now your ATAR estimate is full of inaccuracies. The only ATAR estimate that is truly accurate is the one you determine on the day your HSC results are released. The final room gives ample opportunity to draw back up from where people feel as though they didn't do enough.

As Jake said, you need to work for it though.

Elenaa

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 09:42:42 pm »
+1
You absolutely can. If you study hard, smash out your exams, and play to your strengths, a 90 is definitely within your reach. Remember that you can change your mark projection enormously by the time the HSC rolls around, but you'll have to put in the work. Identify your weaknesses, and focus on fixing them. Use these forums whenever you have a question. Let us know if we can help you in a more specific way.

Don't feel disheartened by an estimate!

jake

Not really.

Right now your ATAR estimate is full of inaccuracies. The only ATAR estimate that is truly accurate is the one you determine on the day your HSC results are released. The final room gives ample opportunity to draw back up from where people feel as though they didn't do enough.

As Jake said, you need to work for it though.

okay cool!! THANKS GUYS  ;D ;D ;D