Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 11:18:13 am

Author Topic: Adam's Life Journal  (Read 1268 times)

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Adam's Life Journal
« on: June 29, 2018, 04:17:21 pm »
+12
Hey everyone

So i feel like journalling some of my life and i thought it might be cool to share it with a bunch of really cool people too  ;D
Also as an alternative to my HSC journey journal
Basically, i will post in here every so often with thoughts, experiences etc

I kinda ran out of paper in my journal and cannot be bothered to purchase a new one, so this one seems like a place as good as any to post stuff
Feel free to comment on anything i post and if you want to add comments about things in their own life that kinda relate to what i say then feel free to do that too.
And maybe if i share my thoughts other people can relate and grow!

So here goes!
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
Re: Adam's Life Journal
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 08:27:18 pm »
+1
I’m excited dude!

Looking forward to reading this ;D
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Re: Adam's Life Journal
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 10:57:35 am »
+6
So, call me old fashioned but I've been really into classic rock. 70s, 80s and 90s rock. It just kinda speaks to me.

Like whenever i listen to that style of song, i just imagine a bright sunny day cruising around in a car with my friends singing at the top of our lungs to 'All-star' by Smash Mouth or 'Livin on a Prayer' by Bonjovi. That's happiness. It's weird because its the simplest thing. But you find beauty in the simplest things. They say one of the best cures for sadness is a drive, friends and throwback music. It really is. There are these small moments when i get that...where a song comes on with my friends in the car and we all recognise it so we start jamming along as we're driving. That's happiness. That's what life should be like. These moments of happiness. It seems to me that life is just one big game of 'crossy roads'. We're like that chicken hopping from one block to another. The green grass sections are those moments of happiness; where everything is happy and good. But to get to those we have to cross rivers and roads full of cars. Those are like the mediocre parts and the negative parts. Life is just about getting through those parts, searching for those moments of happiness. I want to find more of them, but i struggle to do that sometimes. But at the same time, that's what good about life. There may be those mediocre parts, those horrible parts; but there are little moments of happiness every so often that make life not seem so bad all the time.

I'm also listening to pink a lot. I don't know why? More throwbacks? I seem to like throwbacks a lot lately. Mainly because of the feelings they create. They don't hold specific memories of times in my life, but they each represent happiness to me. Memories of happiness. It's something we need more of.

I feel like i listen to them a lot lately because of the way life is at the moment. With year 12 (and trials coming up)... Life isn't horrible or bad or anything; but neither is it really good. So i look for those little moments more and more and feel myself longing for them. It's just a grind at the moment, with these occasional bits of happiness. Kinda like a really big cage. I may be stuck in it for now, but next year I'm gonna free myself.

So that's my pondering done for the day
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU