Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:57:38 pm

Author Topic: Zumba & Whatnot  (Read 1716 times)

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
Zumba & Whatnot
« on: April 22, 2018, 06:08:32 pm »
+13
If you know me IRL, you've probably heard me countless times that I will sign up for the gym. Yet I still haven't done that up to this day because I'm a cheap uni student who refuses to pay for the gym. Sooo... I dug up my old Wii from 2010 and my old Zumba Fitness Core game and have been doing Zumba 4-6 days a week for exactly a month now.

What do I exactly want to gain out of this? I just want to build up my stamina. I'm so sick of walking to the bus stop (for 4 minutes max) and feel like I'm about to have a heart attack. I also want to improve my breathing and I want to tone my stomach and my legs for the summer aha. But most of all, I just want to feel good about myself because physical exercise is something I've always despised since the start of high school.

Why Zumba? My favourite form of exercise is dancing and I get to do it in the comfort of my own living room. I usually dance for ~43 mins before I have uni at 10:30am. I try to do six days a week if I can but 4 days is the minimum I do.

I realllyyy would love to join a live class one day once I'm super confident! I'll try to do other forms of exercises like running around Centennial park or go swimming at UNSW to really tone my body and build up my stamina.

So stay tuned for my future updates ;)

Bonus! This is my favourite song from the game. I really like salsa...

Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Zumba & Whatnot
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 08:40:51 pm »
+3
Love this!

How does it work? Like, are you meant to follow what's on screen?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 09:13:03 pm »
+4
Love this!

How does it work? Like, are you meant to follow what's on screen?

Essentially yes that's what you do :) Since I'm using my Wii to do Zumba, I have to wear this belt and place the Wii remote inside so that the game can detect my movements. The more energy you dance with, you get more points. Although at times, the Wii remote doesn't pick up on my moves sometimes so I lose points ahhhh

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 07:36:04 pm »
+5
With winter slowly approaching and doing uni assignments late at night, I've started to wake up super late and not giving myself the full 45 minute workout! This is so bad. My bed is so nice and warm and I just wanted to catch up on sleep. I've been doing 20 minute workouts lately which I guess is better than doing nothing but I feel so disappointed in myself!!!

I'm really tempted to work on a uni assignment tonight but I know I shouldn't. I'm going to push myself this week to do full ~45 minute workouts before uni.

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 09:31:13 pm »
+4
Oh my goodness! I completely forgot about this thread until J41 updated the A&M thread!

Well I have not touched Zumba ever since Winter started. Though Spring is slowly approaching and I would love to get back into this routine of Zumba. I miss having a good stamina and being physically healthy.

Spoiler
Slight problem though- my grandparents will be staying with us for three months so this means my parents have to sleep in the living room (seeing that we live in a two bedroom flat). Not sure how this will work because I don't want to wake up my parents in the morning so that I can do Zumba. What to do mmhh