Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:48:28 am

Author Topic: VCE Informatics Questions and Discussion  (Read 28353 times)  Share 

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: VCE Informatics Questions and Discussion
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2018, 09:09:39 pm »
Does it count as sharing copyrighted materials if I download all the powerpoints and upload them on the AN notes?

And yeah good luck to future students. Literally my first computing class my teacher showed us vceit.com saying it is the #1 place for resources.

Algorithmics actually looks much more interesting then informatics anyway. I only took informatics because that is what my school offered.

It does unfortunately mate. Download for your own use, but for others..... that's their bad luck :) I wish Algo was available when I did VCE. It looks fantastic and up my alley, but very math-intensive. That's CS core
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

mkhudruj

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: -3
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2019, 06:23:34 pm »
Hello,
Anyone have any hypothesis ideas for the SAT. I really need to start and find it overwhelming that i cant figure one out!
Thanks,
mk

passat

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2020, 01:21:04 pm »
I'm currently doing physics but am thinking of dropping out for computing.

I'm a little confused by the subject names - my school has informatics as a subject but I can't find anything on the VCAA website? Instead they have applied computing - software development or data analytics. Is it just undergoing a name change or are there changes to content or the way the subject is taught and assessed?

Sorry for the dumb question but i'm so confused!
music: 47 :)
methods: 35 :(

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2020, 03:17:16 pm »
+2
I'm currently doing physics but am thinking of dropping out for computing.

I'm a little confused by the subject names - my school has informatics as a subject but I can't find anything on the VCAA website? Instead they have applied computing - software development or data analytics. Is it just undergoing a name change or are there changes to content or the way the subject is taught and assessed?

Sorry for the dumb question but i'm so confused!

Applied Computing is the name for the category that holds units 1/2 Applied Computing (yes, same name as the category), units 3/4 Data Analytics, and units 3/4 Software Development.

Data Analytics replaced Informatics when they introduced the new study design this year. I can't tell you for certain if it was just a name change or if there were major content changes, but from a quick glance at the study design, it generally looks the same.
2017~2020 (Monash) | BA, BA(Hons)Psy
2021~ | job! - AN hiatus, it's been fun here (: