Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:52:12 pm

Author Topic: Atar notes moderators appreciation post !!  (Read 2674 times)

onepunchboy

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
  • School: Concord High
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Atar notes moderators appreciation post !!
« on: November 03, 2016, 09:05:36 pm »
+15
Finishing my HSC journey after today's chem exam ( o lord so many silly mistakes ) i just want to say a big thank you to the moderators on this thread for working so hard to maintain such a great website and helping us year 12 students get through this stressful time of our lives. I know that it is extremely hard to answer the tens of thousands question we make each day however you guys still manage to answer everyone with the same amount of care. From the one day turnaround, english essay marking services to the almost instant replies by Rui in the chemistry and math forums, again i give my thanks and I'm sure all the students in this forum would to ( everything is free of charge wtf.) It is obvious you guys at atarnotes really do care about us students and i just cant thank all of you enough for the work you've put in.

To end this post, i want to congratulate this website for becoming our HSC sanctuary , home to 100,000+ students , growing so much since i knew about it from the UTS lectures.

THANK YOU ATAR NOTES <3

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: Atar notes moderators appreciation post !!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 09:07:39 pm »
+5
Finishing my HSC journey after today's chem exam ( o lord so many silly mistakes ) i just want to say a big thank you to the moderators on this thread for working so hard to maintain such a great website and helping us year 12 students get through this stressful time of our lives. I know that it is extremely hard to answer the tens of thousands question we make each day however you guys still manage to answer everyone with the same amount of care. From the one day turnaround, english essay marking services to the almost instant replies by Rui in the chemistry and math forums, again i give my thanks and I'm sure all the students in this forum would to ( everything is free of charge wtf.) It is obvious you guys at atarnotes really do care about us students and i just cant thank all of you enough for the work you've put in.

To end this post, i want to congratulate this website for becoming our HSC sanctuary , home to 100,000+ students , growing so much since i knew about it from the UTS lectures.

THANK YOU ATAR NOTES <3
Second everything above <3 thanks so much guys xx you've all been such a great help and support over these last few months!
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 09:10:22 pm »
+6
Hey, you HSC mods didn't help me out at all, but holy hell do I want to join in on this appreciation post for your crazy goodness!

To Jake, Jamon, Elyse and Rui (and all the awesome 2016ers that have hopped in and answered questions too, maybe you'll be AN mods one day ;))!
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 09:14:21 pm »
+3
We're glad we were all able to play a part! Please stay around for at least bit just to chat :)

Swagadaktal

• SwagLordOfAN
  • Forum Leader
  • djkhaled305 is the key to success
  • Respect: +102
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 09:15:18 pm »
Shout out to Jamon <3 best mod ever

btw is it too late to remove someone'smod status (hypothetically a mod like heidii)  - asking for a friend
Fuck you english your eyebrows aren't even good
Why walk when you can stand on the shoulders of giants?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 09:40:50 pm »
+6
Thanks guys!!  ;D

Speaking personally, being able to be a part of this community as it has grown has been really special. Seeing you guys learn, grow and succeed makes all of the hard work so worthwhile, and the truth is, this community would be nothing without your passion and energy.

I went to school in really far Western Sydney, and the fact is, it was really tough for me to get help for my HSC. Everything was either too far away or too expensive (often both) for me to afford. Getting the opportunity to work with ATAR Notes, to give every single HSC student the tools they need to get closer to their goals, well that's just the coolest freaking thing ever. When I first joined the site a year and a half(ish) ago, the HSC community was next to non-existent. Well look at it now  8)

Really hope you will all hang around throughout your uni years. I would love to hear what you guys are up to! Hell, come ask questions about first year math subjects, I'll help with those too (if I can, lol) ;) And of course, as Heidi mentioned, we'll be in need of more moderators to help take the community even further next year. We'd love some keen beans to hang around and help lead the way with us next year. Trust me, it is the most rewarding thing ever to know that you've made a real difference to someone in a really stressful time :)

On that note, a special thanks to the current HSC Subject Moderators for their efforts in helping us make this site really great. You guys were helping out while you had your own exams to study for, and we are eternally grateful for that :)

Thank you guys for making this site awesome. None of it would be possible without you  ;D

ssarahj

• ATAR Notes NSW MVP - 2016
  • Forum Obsessive
  • seek the full depth and height of life.
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 08:58:08 am »
+7
It really is so amazing that this forum has been able to reach out and help so many HSC students this year! And it's been an absolute pleasure to hang around the English and Religion boards and contribute in some small way.

I know that for English it can often be really hard for many people since its a compulsory subject, and same with Religion being compulsory at many religious schools. So I think its awesome that ATAR Notes is a place where people can learn and improve and achieve their goals. It's a real credit to not only everyone on the Mod team but also every single student for making ATAR Notes the place it is today!

I'm so excited to see what happens next year, I won't be going anywhere anytime soon  ;)
HSC 2016: SOR 2, Adv. English, Ext. 1 English, Chemistry, 2U Maths, Hospitality
6th in NSW for SOR 2

ATAR: 97.00

2017: B Nutrition & Dietetics @ University of Newcastle

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 12:21:10 pm »
btw is it too late to remove someone'smod status (hypothetically a mod like heidii)  - asking for a friend

1.  2-day ban for going off-topic, d'you think, Jamon?

2.  It is too late.  It is most definitely too late.  I have already wrapped my fingers firmly around the necks of those who believe they have the power to remove modship from me (and though this metaphor may be confusingly mixed, I've also twisted them round my little finger).  It is too late.
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 01:15:14 pm »
+2
1.  2-day ban for going off-topic, d'you think, Jamon?

2.  It is too late.  It is most definitely too late.  I have already wrapped my fingers firmly around the necks of those who believe they have the power to remove modship from me (and though this metaphor may be confusingly mixed, I've also twisted them round my little finger).  It is too late.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 02:39:46 pm »
+2

I really like the "sanctuary" idea - I think ATAR Notes is part intellectual, part supportive, part helpful, part chill, part dedicated, and part humorous. So sanctuary fits nicely. It's been a great year y'all, thanks for everything that everyone has done - mod or otherwise! :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!