Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:34:16 pm

Author Topic: Chemistry Assessment  (Read 3883 times)  Share 

Vea Kusitafu

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Chemistry Assessment
« on: June 06, 2020, 12:35:23 am »
Hi guys,

I have an assessment question!
 so I need to make at least one inquiry question (so I can do more) as one of my task questions. How do I formulate the perfect inquiry question(s), and also how do I apply or answer that surrounding my assessment??

heres the actual question:
Propose at least one appropriate inquiry question for the task.

PLS HELP
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 01:07:55 am by Vea Kusitafu »

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
Re: Chemistry Assessment
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 10:10:59 am »
+5
Hey!

This would depend on your assessment task itself. But if I were you, I would base my inquiry question on the syllabus dot points. Choosing a syllabus dot point would depend on your assessment task. If it was something to do with an experiment, I would probably do the dot-points like below:
"Conduct a chemical analysis of a common household substance for its acidity or basicity (ACSCH080), for example:
– soft drink
– wine
– juice
– medicine"

However, if it is something to do with research, where you have to go online and search up stuff, I would base my inquiry question on dot-points like below:
"Describe the importance of buffers in natural systems"

The key is to look at your assessment marking guidelines and see what kind of inquiry question would grab full marks. In fact, the marking guidelines will formulate what your final assignment should look like. Break down the assessment task marking guidelines and see what kind of inquiry question would get you good marks.

Again, this totally depends on your assessment task. The dot-point thing is really good if your assessment was a depth study where you need to choose a topic.

The internet also has a ton of articles and tips on how to make a good inquiry question, so make sure you look into that as well. A simple google search will suffice, and upon reading them will give you a good baseline to attack the question.

Hope that helps!
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

Vea Kusitafu

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Chemistry Assessment
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 10:07:49 pm »
+1
Hey!

This would depend on your assessment task itself. But if I were you, I would base my inquiry question on the syllabus dot points. Choosing a syllabus dot point would depend on your assessment task. If it was something to do with an experiment, I would probably do the dot-points like below:
"Conduct a chemical analysis of a common household substance for its acidity or basicity (ACSCH080), for example:
– soft drink
– wine
– juice
– medicine"

However, if it is something to do with research, where you have to go online and search up stuff, I would base my inquiry question on dot-points like below:

The key is to look at your assessment marking guidelines and see what kind of inquiry question would grab full marks. In fact, the marking guidelines will formulate what your final assignment should look like. Break down the assessment task marking guidelines and see what kind of inquiry question would get you good marks.

Again, this totally depends on your assessment task. The dot-point thing is really good if your assessment was a depth study where you need to choose a topic.

The internet also has a ton of articles and tips on how to make a good inquiry question, so make sure you look into that as well. A simple google search will suffice, and upon reading them will give you a good baseline to attack the question.

Hope that helps!
Hey!

– soft drink
– wine
– juice
– medicine"

Hope that helps!

OMG thank you so much! this was such great help honestly. Yes I have searched countless times online but they gave me very difficult and hard explanations which confused me but yours was so helpful! Means a lot.