Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 02:09:37 pm

Author Topic: Quality vs Quantity for a HHD 10 mark question  (Read 1969 times)

bamboozled

• Adventurer
Quality vs Quantity for a HHD 10 mark question
« on: November 17, 2020, 03:50:08 pm »
If I want high marks for these types of questions, should I basically word dump a really long response, addressing all the dimensions of health and wellbeing (for example)? Or should I spend my exam time making a plan and organising my response, which would probably make my answer shorter but with better quality?

bamboozled

• Adventurer
Re: Quality vs Quantity for a HHD 10 mark question
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 04:14:53 pm »
I should probably be clearer. By quality I mean like hand writing legibility, grammar, making more clear ideas and better links between the source materials, and having better structure. By quantity I mean writing as much as humanly possible; linking every possible dimension of health and wellbeing, SDG, source material etc. But in turn, having less clear points and my ideas being all over the place. Of course, quality and quantity is ideal, but probably not gonna happen considering the time constraints.

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
Re: Quality vs Quantity for a HHD 10 mark question
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 10:47:26 pm »
Here's an idea!

When in reading time, think of the main ideas / concepts relating to the question. What I like to do (and this might not work for everyone) is spend a minute as soon as writing time commences jotting down a rough plan of ideas around the question.

Also, it might be helpful to try to link your 10 mark response to other areas of the course as you see fit. This helps for a stronger answer but is not imperative. You can link your response to every single other concept, but keep in mind it's the quality of the links you make that counts.

As for handwriting, quickly and legible of course does the trick. Writing long and thin letters may assist you in achieving this.

Hope this helps :)

2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash