Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:37:43 pm

Author Topic: What are you doing from now until the exam?  (Read 7740 times)  Share 

vashappenin

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: What are you doing from now until the exam?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 11:16:08 am »
High chance I'm not going to be able to sit the exam at the moment.  :'( Really sick. Shit.
Bbbbuuutt....NONONONO!! THIS CANNOT BE!
Can't you tell your school coordinators so you get special consideration (I forgot what it's actually called)

Hopefully it's not too severe...You know your stuff tooo well so I suggest just ditch the studying or just lightly skim for the rest of your time (even though you don't really need to with that impressive knowledge of yours).
Rest up, Felicity! It'll hopefully be better!
You mean a derived study score?
I'm going to try my hardest to go to the exam but if it gets any worse, I won't be able to stand up without being in a large amount of pain .:( Thankfully the exam is seated..
Yes, that's the one.
2013: English, Maths Methods, Further Maths, Legal Studies, HHD, Psychology
2014-present: Bachelor of Laws @ Monash University

Tutoring VCE English, Psych, Legal Studies and HHD in 2016! Tutoring via Skype too. PM me if you're interested :)

diligent18

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +11
  • School: Hogwarts
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 11:46:32 am »
High chance I'm not going to be able to sit the exam at the moment.  :'( Really sick. Shit.
I suggest you still attempt the exam.  A derived study score will not be anywhere near as good as your actual exam score if you sat the exam.  Your knowledge in psychology is evident.  It would be such a shame if you did not sit the exam tomorrow.
Get well soon! Wishing you all the best.
UMAT 2012: 99%tile   ATAR 2012: 99.55
2013: Monash MBBS I

Limista

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 12:27:06 pm »
I suggest you still attempt the exam.  A derived study score will not be anywhere near as good as your actual exam score if you sat the exam.  Your knowledge in psychology is evident.  It would be such a shame if you did not sit the exam tomorrow.

Take rest and drink heaps of fluids! When you say that you can't stand up without a large amount of pain, I hope it's nothing too severe...have you visited the doctor - he might be able to give you some medication to ease the pain temporarily so that you're not feeling too weak tomorrow?
Bachelor of Biomedicine @ The University of Melbourne (II) 2014-2016
Follow me on my blog

katykins

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Donde, está, la biblioteca
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 12:33:30 pm »

aww no felicity! rest up and just chill. you know your stuff well! you can do this! *eye of the tiger* :D
what a year it has been, thank goodness it is over, bring on a new chapter!

Psychology- 46!
Theatre studies- 37
Biology- 35
English- 34
Further maths-33
ATAR-87.15 so pleased!

any questions related to Psychology or Theatre Studies please don't hesitate to ask :)

pyro-53

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
  • School: west side
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 12:41:35 pm »
+1
You help everyone so much. Just rest more and you'll be fine  ;)
brotip #1849: don't let a bad grade define who you are or what you will become.

Felicity Wishes

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +43
  • School: Mater Christi College
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 01:29:10 pm »

Take rest and drink heaps of fluids! When you say that you can't stand up without a large amount of pain, I hope it's nothing too severe...have you visited the doctor - he might be able to give you some medication to ease the pain temporarily so that you're not feeling too weak tomorrow?
I'm home alone atm so I can't go to the doctor. :(
Psychology and psychophysiology (Swinburne)

Limista

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 01:51:29 pm »

When your parents come home, if your GP's surgery is closed by then (which would be unfortunate), you can always called the locum (I'm not sure if this is how it's spelt) doctor or local doctor in your area ~ I think there's a service provided for that in the case of urgency. Or, you could even request your local GP to pay you a home visit  :-\
Follow me on my blog

Felicity Wishes

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +43
  • School: Mater Christi College
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 02:05:41 pm »

When your parents come home, if your GP's surgery is closed by then (which would be unfortunate), you can always called the locum (I'm not sure if this is how it's spelt) doctor or local doctor in your area ~ I think there's a service provided for that in the case of urgency. Or, you could even request your local GP to pay you a home visit  :-\
Eeek. It's not the kind of thing I need to see a doctor about. It's a flu so I have to just take the medicine for it and wait it out. This has happened a few times this year (right before my folio was due as well ugh) and it usually gets really bad for 2 days and then it gets better...I think tomorrow it will be bad but hopefully I can go in and finish my two exams and go home and sleep for a long time.

Thank you everyone. <3 God, I love this community.
Psychology and psychophysiology (Swinburne)

danielgb123

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 02:22:57 pm »
- Going through my Cambridge Checkpoints book, doing MC and short answer
- Practice exams
- Still memorising Phobias, Anxiety, Schizophrenia
Class of '12 | ATAR: 83.80 | English [42]  Business [40] Psychology [37] Accounting [30] Economics [27]

dim_sim

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 02:32:57 pm »
+1
I finished last year's VCAA exam this morning, so I'll probably just hang out on AN and maybe write out definitions or go over my notes.
As much as I'll be glad for it to be all over, I'm actually going to really miss psych next year.  :'(

vashappenin

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 02:38:51 pm »
+1
As much as I'll be glad for it to be all over, I'm actually going to really miss psych next year.  :'(
Same.. I cannot wait for the exam to be over with, but I'm actually going to miss it sooo much :'(

Tutoring VCE English, Psych, Legal Studies and HHD in 2016! Tutoring via Skype too. PM me if you're interested :)

Limista

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 02:55:37 pm »

Eeek. It's not the kind of thing I need to see a doctor about. It's a flu so I have to just take the medicine for it and wait it out. This has happened a few times this year (right before my folio was due as well ugh) and it usually gets really bad for 2 days and then it gets better...I think tomorrow it will be bad but hopefully I can go in and finish my two exams and go home and sleep for a long time.

Thank you everyone. <3 God, I love this community.

Haha - so ironic because I just finished up with my flu today! Looks like my immune system is failing to resist those additional stressors  ;) You'll get better soon!!
Follow me on my blog

vashappenin

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 03:35:35 pm »
Ok I'm officially at that point where I get up every 10 mins and have a break. WHHHYYYY. :(
I can't waste my time like this! D:

RTandon

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Forever a fob
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 03:37:50 pm »
Ok I'm officially at that point where I get up every 10 mins and have a break. WHHHYYYY. :(

Haha, I was planning on doing at least one practice exam today. That never happened. Lol, oh welll!
Instead I'm watching this guy's psych videos. He's a legend! http://www.youtube.com/user/Psyccounting
Accounting | English Language | Product & Design | Psychology | Business Management | Methods

A fashion designer in the making ;)

AwayBroadcast

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2012, 03:43:19 pm »
+1

Haha, I was planning on doing at least one practice exam today. That never happened. Lol, oh welll!
Instead I'm watching this guy's psych videos. He's a legend! http://www.youtube.com/user/Psyccounting

hahahahaha that is exactly what I'm doing XD My favourite is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omYECykyQWE&feature=BFa&list=PLeP4hoJGUfR5rf7JhsFYXb6NDTY0JyNta
2012: Psychology (39)
2013: English, English Literature, Biology, Chemistry and Maths Methods
UMAT: 84th %ile - 60, 64, 48... (those damn patterns!!!)