Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 09:20:36 am

Author Topic: Can I pls get some feedback on my Intro for a mod A essay  (Read 607 times)

xSylaR30

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Can I pls get some feedback on my Intro for a mod A essay
« on: October 15, 2018, 10:12:25 pm »
Does Looking for Richard offer new insights about deceit or simply affirm those offered in King Richard the Third?

A change in purpose and context of an adaptation of a text leads to new insights being offered into the core themes of the original text. William Shakespeare’s play King Richard III (KRIII), with the purpose to justify the Tudor family’s rule, explores Richard’s use of his deceitfulness to gain power however it is also this that ensues retribution within a context that valued Determinism. On the other hand, Al Pacino’s docudrama Looking for Richard (LFR) reshapes this deceitfulness to make Shakespeare more accessible to the 1990s audience and “communicate a Shakespeare about how we feel and about how we think today.” Through comparative study of both texts, further insights can be offered into the duplicitous nature of Richard by considering how it has been reshaped in LFR to resonate with the contemporary audience in an increasingly secular world which believes in free will.