Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:29:02 am

Author Topic: Hey Guys aiming for at least a c or low b  (Read 803 times)  Share 

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Hey Guys aiming for at least a c or low b
« on: April 04, 2019, 07:02:22 pm »
Hey Guys! Needed advice here! I do not lack as much in theory anymore yayayya! But the problem is my teach is strict and I really want to aim for at least a C or low B.

How long should I study music each day and should I do it according to one concept per day and two practise questions per day for aural?
-KgkG-

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Hey Guys aiming for at least a c or low b
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 10:06:06 pm »
+2
Hey Guys! Needed advice here! I do not lack as much in theory anymore yayayya! But the problem is my teach is strict and I really want to aim for at least a C or low B.

How long should I study music each day and should I do it according to one concept per day and two practise questions per day for aural?

Hey, Kombmail!

Good to hear that your music theory is picking up  :) When it comes to studying music, there's no exact answer on how often you should study to maximise your performance. It's more about what you do during that study time. The best way to prepare for HSC Music exams are to revise the concepts, especially the ones you may be less confident in, at least once a week through application. We have some amazing resources on the forum in the HSC Music Thread, including the new Collaborative Music Questions Bank created by Katie  8)

Practising for aural isn't only through exam-style questions. Try and listen to some music outside of your favourite genres to simply sit there and analyse using the six concepts. This will expose you to a variety of repertoire and potential examples you may get asked in the HSC. I listened to Triple J and Smooth FM in the car and surrounded myself with jazz/classical music which is (generally) quite challenging to analyse. Good musicianship requires an appreciation for music in all its shapes and forms so that's how I would encourage you to develop your Aural skills. Hope that helps!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Re: Hey Guys aiming for at least a c or low b
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 08:43:28 pm »
Hey, Kombmail!

Good to hear that your music theory is picking up  :) When it comes to studying music, there's no exact answer on how often you should study to maximise your performance. It's more about what you do during that study time. The best way to prepare for HSC Music exams are to revise the concepts, especially the ones you may be less confident in, at least once a week through application. We have some amazing resources on the forum in the HSC Music Thread, including the new Collaborative Music Questions Bank created by Katie  8)

Practising for aural isn't only through exam-style questions. Try and listen to some music outside of your favourite genres to simply sit there and analyse using the six concepts. This will expose you to a variety of repertoire and potential examples you may get asked in the HSC. I listened to Triple J and Smooth FM in the car and surrounded myself with jazz/classical music which is (generally) quite challenging to analyse. Good musicianship requires an appreciation for music in all its shapes and forms so that's how I would encourage you to develop your Aural skills. Hope that helps!

Angelina  ;D

Hey!
I was wondering if I could possibly text you some responses of listening to other music in the car? It’s just that I really need help since neither my music teacher or tutor is supporting me in theory.
-KgkG-