Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:29:50 pm

Author Topic: Biology exam score for a 35+ study score  (Read 3328 times)  Share 

ABB0005

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Biology exam score for a 35+ study score
« on: September 23, 2020, 07:59:28 pm »
What sort of exam mark could yield a 35+ study score being ranked top 10 in an average cohort roughly?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Biology exam score for a 35+ study score
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 08:02:55 pm »
+1
What sort of exam mark could yield a 35+ study score being ranked top 10 in an average cohort roughly?
Looking at last years grade distribution I would think something around 85+/120

EmmaAnne986

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 08:48:21 pm »
Hey guys,

I just need some help with biology 3 and 4 study score predictions.
So I'm super stressed at the moment because I fast tracked biology last year and now I've got it as my 3 and 4 this year along with food studies. The biology exam is next week on Friday and I can't even begin to explain how nervous I am and I'm really just hoping for some reassurance. So to begin with, my SACs are all above 80% and I've gotten about 100% for two of them, most of them are above 90%. I'm ranked either first, second or third in my biology class, but my teacher has to recalculate as myself and two other students came so close in our overall SAC marks that she couldn't distinguish who should be placed where. Now exams have never been my strong point in biology. I've found that other subjects I can pull information from my head, but biology is so much harder. So last year I got a D+ in my end of year exam, but this year I'm really wanting to get B, I was initially aiming for C+ but everyone says always aim higher. Do you think that it's possible that I do this and if so what do you reckon my study score would be? I'm really hoping for a 30, I would be so proud of myself if I reached that 30 and if I get a 36, I would be even more over the moon because biology has been such a difficult subject stress wise. Also is there any tips you could give for the last week leading up to exams? I've been doing practice exams and re-reading sections that I need help with but its so hard because there's just so much? Also what do you guys think will be in the 2020 exam, there definitely has to be something on COVID right?

Thanks so much guys, hope you can help me out.

Genshai

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 04:12:27 pm »
Hey guys,

I just need some help with biology 3 and 4 study score predictions.
So I'm super stressed at the moment because I fast tracked biology last year and now I've got it as my 3 and 4 this year along with food studies. The biology exam is next week on Friday and I can't even begin to explain how nervous I am and I'm really just hoping for some reassurance. So to begin with, my SACs are all above 80% and I've gotten about 100% for two of them, most of them are above 90%. I'm ranked either first, second or third in my biology class, but my teacher has to recalculate as myself and two other students came so close in our overall SAC marks that she couldn't distinguish who should be placed where. Now exams have never been my strong point in biology. I've found that other subjects I can pull information from my head, but biology is so much harder. So last year I got a D+ in my end of year exam, but this year I'm really wanting to get B, I was initially aiming for C+ but everyone says always aim higher. Do you think that it's possible that I do this and if so what do you reckon my study score would be? I'm really hoping for a 30, I would be so proud of myself if I reached that 30 and if I get a 36, I would be even more over the moon because biology has been such a difficult subject stress wise. Also is there any tips you could give for the last week leading up to exams? I've been doing practice exams and re-reading sections that I need help with but its so hard because there's just so much? Also what do you guys think will be in the 2020 exam, there definitely has to be something on COVID right?

Thanks so much guys, hope you can help me out.

going off of last years exam marks, a B would give about a 31-34 study score. As for this years exam, they write the exam about a year in advance, so unless they've edited the content, I wouldn't stress so much about covid questions. leading into the exam last year, i went over vcaa questions thoroughly to understand the examiners (if that make sense?). other than that, as you said, i just tried to go over any areas i was struggling with.

good luck with your exam!
2019: Biology [40]
2020: English [35], Methods [27], Art [36], Revs [38], Chem [29]

ATAR: 87.85