Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:07:17 am

Author Topic: Pen recommendations for exams  (Read 2205 times)  Share 

avocadinq

• MOTM: FEB 19
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +44
Pen recommendations for exams
« on: February 06, 2019, 12:09:16 am »
Hi everyone,

What's your go to pen for exams? Looking for some new recommendations for the HSC :))

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 12:33:33 am by avocadinq »
HSC 2019 | chemistry, english advanced, mathematics, mathematics ext 1, modern history and legal studies
For more study inspiration, check out my studygram! @quadrtics

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
Re: Pen recommendations for exams
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 12:19:50 am »
+5
Hi everyone,

What's your go to pen for exams? Looking for some new recommendations especially for the HSC :))
Hey there,

I love using the Artline Smoove Pen for exams. I usually hate ballpoint pens because the ink flow is never smooth and I always hated how my handwriting looks whenever I used ballpoint pens. However, the Artline pen is actually smooth- you don't need to "warm up" your pen before using it. There are many instances during the exam my pen ran out so I pulled out my other pen and I didn't have to scribble on the side of the page. I just kept going. Plus, you're spending ~$6 for a 20 pack.

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

nolanmcfarland

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 10:42:25 am »
+2
Personally I used Energel pens, specifically the ones in the link:

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/pentel-energel-bl77-retractable-gel-pen-black-4-pack-pexbl774a

They helped my handwriting become much neater in my HSC exams as they flowed really smoothly, and they are also thick so its easier to hold onto. My handwriting was nearly illegible as exam constraints are so tight, but after using these, my teachers all commented on how my handwriting improved. However, they are annoyingly expensive, so I would recommend finding a cheaper option (there are many cheaper options, I just like these ones personally).
EngAdv, EE1, EE2, M.History, Geo, VisArts, French

Arts/Law @ Monash

AlphaZero

• MOTM: DEC 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • \[\Gamma(z)\Gamma(1-z)=\frac{\pi}{\sin(\pi z)}\]
  • Respect: +160
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 06:00:25 pm »
+2
Hi everyone,

What's your go to pen for exams? Looking for some new recommendations for the HSC :))

I use the Lami Safari fountain pens. Lami makes very high quality pens in Germany. The only down side is that they're very expensive, but they're pens you keep for life. (You just buy ink).

If you haven't written with fountain pens before, it can take some time to get used to them, but once you're comfortable with them, I've found you can't go back to normal pens :P

This is my main black pen. I use an extra fine nib. I bought it for $50.
https://www.lamy.com/eng/b2c/safari/017_umbra

However, Lami have an entire range of different pens (not just fountain pens), and I find them amazing to write with.

This is their product page: https://www.lamy.com/content/products/index_eng.html
2015\(-\)2017:  VCE
2018\(-\)2021:  Bachelor of Biomedicine and Mathematical Sciences Diploma, University of Melbourne

avocadinq

• MOTM: FEB 19
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 07:10:59 pm »
Thanks for the recommendations everyone! :)) I'll be sure to check all the pens mentioned
HSC 2019 | chemistry, english advanced, mathematics, mathematics ext 1, modern history and legal studies
For more study inspiration, check out my studygram! @quadrtics