Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:21:09 pm

Author Topic: Pick up a subject I dropped in term 1  (Read 1206 times)  Share 

yukinakajima

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Pick up a subject I dropped in term 1
« on: January 24, 2019, 01:21:09 pm »
Hi,
I am in year 12 now, almost about to head into term 2. I was struggling with my 2 worst subjects, Software Design&Development and Modern History. I have decided to drop Modern History at the very start of Yr12, to focus on Software. This means that I have completed the preliminary course for Modern History, but I have missed out on a term worth of work for it. Now that I think about it, I am struggling so so much with Software, that if possible, I would love to drop software and pick up Modern History again. I personally think that Software is too hard for me to study, as it is more complicated and has less resources on the internet compared to Modern History. So the question is, would I still be able to pick up Modern History which I have completed the preliminary course for but missed out on the term1 work and drop Software Design&Development?

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +86
Re: Pick up a subject I dropped in term 1
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 01:41:28 pm »
Hi,
I am in year 12 now, almost about to head into term 2. I was struggling with my 2 worst subjects, Software Design&Development and Modern History. I have decided to drop Modern History at the very start of Yr12, to focus on Software. This means that I have completed the preliminary course for Modern History, but I have missed out on a term worth of work for it. Now that I think about it, I am struggling so so much with Software, that if possible, I would love to drop software and pick up Modern History again. I personally think that Software is too hard for me to study, as it is more complicated and has less resources on the internet compared to Modern History. So the question is, would I still be able to pick up Modern History which I have completed the preliminary course for but missed out on the term1 work and drop Software Design&Development?

Hey, yukinakajima!

I don't think this is possible because you've missed a HSC task and a whole terms worth of course time and NESA won't allow it. However, I would still ask your HSC coordinator/whoever is in charge of this stuff at your school when you get back to school - if this is possible then you should definitely try to make it happen.

Tell me how it goes!
meerae :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 02:14:38 pm by meerae »
2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}

yukinakajima

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Pick up a subject I dropped in term 1
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 01:52:11 pm »
Hey, yukinakajima!

I don't think this is possible because you've missed a HSC task and a whole terms worth of course time and NESA won't allow it. However, I would still ask your HSC coordinator/whoever is in charge of this stuff at your school when you get back to school - if this is possible because if you feel you can do better in modern than software, then you should at least try to pick up modern again!

Tell me how it goes!
meerae :)

Thank you for your reply, I have just called NESA for their opinion, they told me to contact the principal at my school as it is up to them. Ill go up and ask them asap when school starts. Thank you again for your opinion!