Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 05:28:51 pm

Author Topic: Tuition company atmosphere and feel?  (Read 2829 times)  Share 

daniel.h

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Tuition company atmosphere and feel?
« on: December 20, 2018, 01:11:27 am »
anyone had any experienced tutoring with tutesmart/ connect/ tsfx/ other vce companies? interested in the atmosphere, no of hrs per week, if prep is required beforehand and pay!
would rather find this out now instead of applying and getting through most of the application process, then realising the company and i don't fit

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Tuition company atmosphere and feel?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 08:58:34 am »
+2
anyone had any experienced tutoring with tutesmart/ connect/ tsfx/ other vce companies? interested in the atmosphere, no of hrs per week, if prep is required beforehand and pay!
would rather find this out now instead of applying and getting through most of the application process, then realising the company and i don't fit

Hey Daniel! Full transparency: I work for ATAR Notes, and have no experience with the other organisations you've listed. If you're looking for more information about TuteSmart, I really recommend making a free information appointment. That way, you can actually see the facilities, check out the vibe, chat with a tutor, and get all the information you're looking for.

Either way, good luck with your decision! Definitely a good call doing research prior.

P.S. I'm just going to move this thread to the tutoring section, where you might have more luck getting past perspectives. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

geek123456

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 12:54:00 pm »
+2
I
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 01:50:47 pm by geek123456 »

daniel.h

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 07:53:24 pm »
Sorry I wasn't clear! I've finished vce and I'm interesting tutoring with the mentioned companies. Sorry for making both of you type up so much!!

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 10:19:39 pm »
Sorry I wasn't clear! I've finished vce and I'm interesting tutoring with the mentioned companies. Sorry for making both of you type up so much!!

No need to apologise; I'm sure you'll have helped some people by prompting these responses.

In terms of companies, I think the bigger ones are often more sensible options. Companies are good in the sense that they offer more stable work and, often, more regular work. WIth the flipside being that you get less per hour.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd