Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:30:22 am

Author Topic: the wild ride of vce  (Read 5134 times)

marble2

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
the wild ride of vce
« on: October 06, 2019, 11:40:20 pm »
+10
Hi!
I've just been browsing this thread and thought to start my own VCE journal!
So my school life is a bit hard to explain but here we go!
I'm currently in Year 9, so you're probably wondering what I am doing on a VCE forum but i'm in a SEAL program where I am currently doing all Year 10 work + a sort of condensed version of 1/2 Philosophy. Next year, i'll be classified as 'Year 10' but i'm essentially Year 11. I am doing VCE over three years instead of the regular two!
My subject selections for VCE are:

Year 1 of VCE: English Language 1/2, General Maths 1/2, Philosophy 3/4, Literature 1/2, Biology 1/2, Psychology 1/2

Year 2 of VCE English Language 3/4, Maths Methods 1/2, Literature 3/4, Biology 3/4, Chemistry 1/2

Year 3 of VCE Maths Methods 3/4, Chemistry 3/4, Psychology 3/4, Uni Enhancement

That's all lol,a bit confusing but oh well. I don't know how I feel about having seven 3/4's and a Uni Enhancement because they won't all count in my VCE but I can't help it due to my school's SEAL program. Feel free to ask me any questions and i'm excited to keep updating this!  :D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 11:42:02 pm by marble2 »
2020: Philosophy
2021: English | Literature | Biology
2022: Mathematical Methods | Psychology | Chemistry

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
Re: the wild ride of vce
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 12:48:04 am »
+2
Nice to see another journal! Really interesting to see that your doing your VCE over three years! Is it want you want to do, or you have to by because of being in the SEAL program? Even though it is spread out, you have quite the few years ahead with all the workload so I wish you luck.
 Do you have many hobbies or interests outside of school?
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
  • Respect: +775
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 12:51:44 am »
+1
Hi!
I've just been browsing this thread and thought to start my own VCE journal!
So my school life is a bit hard to explain but here we go!
I'm currently in Year 9, so you're probably wondering what I am doing on a VCE forum but i'm in a SEAL program where I am currently doing all Year 10 work + a sort of condensed version of 1/2 Philosophy. Next year, i'll be classified as 'Year 10' but i'm essentially Year 11. I am doing VCE over three years instead of the regular two!
My subject selections for VCE are:

Year 1 of VCE: English Language 1/2, General Maths 1/2, Philosophy 3/4, Literature 1/2, Biology 1/2, Psychology 1/2

Year 2 of VCE English Language 3/4, Maths Methods 1/2, Literature 3/4, Biology 3/4, Chemistry 1/2

Year 3 of VCE Maths Methods 3/4, Chemistry 3/4, Psychology 3/4, Uni Enhancement

That's all lol,a bit confusing but oh well. I don't know how I feel about having seven 3/4's and a Uni Enhancement because they won't all count in my VCE but I can't help it due to my school's SEAL program. Feel free to ask me any questions and i'm excited to keep updating this!  :D
Hey marble,
It's awesome to see that you have such a planned-out path for the rest of your VCE. Do you think you'll end up sticking to the plan completely or are there any subjects you are a bit unsure about?
Doing 7 subjects and a Uni Extension does seem a bit full on, but they seem to be spaced out quite nicely so I would hope that makes it manageable.
What subjects are you doing at the moment in year 10 and what are you enjoying the most at the moment?

Good luck with finishing off 'year 9' and moving into your VCE!
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

marble2

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 08:08:52 am »
+3
Nice to see another journal! Really interesting to see that your doing your VCE over three years! Is it want you want to do, or you have to by because of being in the SEAL program? Even though it is spread out, you have quite the few years ahead with all the workload so I wish you luck.
 Do you have many hobbies or interests outside of school?

Hey thanks! I have to do VCE over three years in the SEAL program, there is an option to do it over two years but it’s highly discouraged and so far, no one in the program has ever picked it. The workload is pretty heavy, thanks for the luck because i’ll need it  ;D Outside of school, I like to play tennis and I learn the clarinet, bass clarinet and guitar. In school, i’m really involved with leadership stuff. :)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 08:12:07 am »
+2
I think it's super cool that you have the option to do so many subjects. When I was choosing my subjects this year I had such a hard time narrowing it down. Which uni do you think you'll do your enhancement program at? ;D

marble2

• Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 03:20:40 pm »
+2
Hey marble,
It's awesome to see that you have such a planned-out path for the rest of your VCE. Do you think you'll end up sticking to the plan completely or are there any subjects you are a bit unsure about?
Doing 7 subjects and a Uni Extension does seem a bit full on, but they seem to be spaced out quite nicely so I would hope that makes it manageable.
What subjects are you doing at the moment in year 10 and what are you enjoying the most at the moment?

Good luck with finishing off 'year 9' and moving into your VCE!

Hey, I think I’ll stick to the plan completely and yes I am glad for the spacing! Currently in Year 10, i’m doing the usual core subjects and in sem 1 I did two electives: Literature + Commerce and in sem 2, a writing elective and philosophy 1/2 for seal students. My favourite subjects are Science and English!

marble2

• Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 03:30:26 pm »
+2
I think it's super cool that you have the option to do so many subjects. When I was choosing my subjects this year I had such a hard time narrowing it down. Which uni do you think you'll do your enhancement program at? ;D
Hey thanks! I’m glad that I have the chance to try different subjects. I think that I want to do my enhancement program at Melbourne or Monash.

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 04:42:13 pm »
Hey thanks! I’m glad that I have the chance to try different subjects. I think that I want to do my enhancement program at Melbourne or Monash.
Cool- have you looked at potential subjects? ;D

marble2

• Forum Regular
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 11:09:46 pm »
+1
Cool- have you looked at potential subjects? ;D

Just looked now and apparently the Monash extension program is not continuing after the end of 2019  :'(  and I wanted to do chemistry at Uni Melb but one of the following is required :
‘completion of Chemistry 3/4 and Mathematical Methods 3/4 with study scores of at least 37; or
enrolment in Mathematical Methods 3/4 after completion of Chemistry 3/4 with a study score of at least 37 and completion of Mathematical Methods 1/2 with at least an A average.’ The unfortunate thing is that i’ll be doing chem 3/4 in my final year so that’s out of the option. I might do psychology.

YussifK

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 11:29:01 pm »
MARBLE MY MAN I’m in year 10 toooo

What’s your atar aim ???
English:( )
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 06:51:01 am »
Just looked now and apparently the Monash extension program is not continuing after the end of 2019  :'(  and I wanted to do chemistry at Uni Melb but one of the following is required :
‘completion of Chemistry 3/4 and Mathematical Methods 3/4 with study scores of at least 37; or
enrolment in Mathematical Methods 3/4 after completion of Chemistry 3/4 with a study score of at least 37 and completion of Mathematical Methods 1/2 with at least an A average.’ The unfortunate thing is that i’ll be doing chem 3/4 in my final year so that’s out of the option. I might do psychology.
Ah that's a real shame. Psych could be cool.

marble2

• Forum Regular
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 07:21:39 am »
MARBLE MY MAN I’m in year 10 toooo

What’s your atar aim ???

ayyyy I’m aiming pretty high, 95+ would be good, i’d like to get into Biomed  :) What are you aiming for?

marble2

• Forum Regular
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2019, 07:22:52 am »
Ah that's a real shame. Psych could be cool.

Yeah, I might try to do psych, it sounds interesting  :)

marble2

• Forum Regular
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2019, 04:41:43 pm »
+2
8/10/19

- Today I had a math lesson and we’re doing measurement (imo pretty easy) but we were doing a bit of an investigation task using Excel. Ngl Excel is a bit annoying to use but once you get the hang of it, it’s pretty cool!

- Philosophy was pretty good, we studied rationalism and empiricism. We also studied a couple of philosophers and their theories are a little sTrAnGe but fun to discuss.

- In my writing elective, I just handed back a writing folio with 5 different types of writing and as soon as I handed it in, I got another assignment ugh.

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2019, 09:04:29 pm »
In my writing elective, I just handed back a writing folio with 5 different types of writing and as soon as I handed it in, I got another assignment ugh.
Sounds very cool- a writing elective! I wish my school had that. What kind of writing do you like to do?