Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:11:20 pm

Author Topic: A back up scientific calculator into the physics and chem exams  (Read 2158 times)  Share 

VCE_2012

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
Are we allowed to bring two scientific calculators into the exam room, and give one to the examiner to look after in case the one your using runs out of batteries or stops working (I know you can replace batteries, but some calculators are more difficult to do so and time consuming). I know for sure you can bring in spare batteries into the exam room, but they must be given to the examiners.

Also i use the TI-30XB (Texas instrument) calculators, which many people have today. But I also have the "TI-30XB PRO" which is a more advanced version of  the TI-30XB SCIENTIFIC calculator. I'm not sure if its allowed into physics and chem exams, because it can do calculus (definite integrals and finding the gradient at a given point, complex numbers, equations solver... and it also has some constants and unit conversion functions).
On the packet it still says its a scientific calculator (the advanced...).

I recently went to a TSSM lecture for physics and asked the lecturer whether it was allowed into the exams. He said it was fine but I just want to be sure before bringing it into the exams.

Eddiee

Re: A back up scientific calculator into the physics and chem exams
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 12:59:53 pm »
Your first question was already answered yesterday:

Can we bring two scientific calcs into exam?