Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:17:48 am

Author Topic: Recorded lectures  (Read 939 times)  Share 

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

• Forum Obsessive
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +34
Recorded lectures
« on: February 10, 2020, 12:06:44 pm »
Hey everyone,

for one of my psych lectures i got assigned the recorded option. i am not sure if this is a good thing or not because a guy at melbourne uni said that the lecture capture only records the voice and the screen, so anything written on the board you cant see. also, he said that the lecturer sometimes explains things and you can guess what will be on the exam judging by their body language :/

should i be happy with this option or is it going to kind of hinder my availability to knowledge?

thanks
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]
ATAR: 87.95 ❤️

2020-2023 Bachelor of Arts @ Unimelb

MB_

• MOTM: MAR 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Unspecified and mysterious
  • Respect: +60
Re: Recorded lectures
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 12:39:20 pm »
+2
In my experience psych lectures have never had any content presented via whiteboards. All lecture content is provided via slides which are recorded.

I haven't heard anything about lecturers indicating what may be on the exam via their body language, usually they will make it very clear if something will be or not.

I don't think it will hinder your availability to knowledge. I didn't attend much of my 2 hour psych lectures in my second and third year as I found it difficult to concentrate but this may differ for you. Also, even though you were allocated the recorded option, you should still be able to attend the lecture in person, especially towards the end of the semester where lecture attendance drops off.
2015-16: VCE
2017-: BSci UoM - Maths & Psych

tiredandstressed

• MOTM: DEC 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • pretty without the r (he/him)
  • Respect: +167
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 03:56:45 pm »
+1
If you don't have a clash you can just attend the psych lecture
VCE '17-'18
2017: Biology, Psychology
2018: English, HHD, Chemistry, Methods
2019-22: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Honours) @ UoM
My guides:
A quick guide to language and argument analysis
HHD sample questions
HHD 2019 Comprehensive examiner report analysis

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 09:33:19 pm »
+1
Hey everyone,

for one of my psych lectures i got assigned the recorded option. i am not sure if this is a good thing or not because a guy at melbourne uni said that the lecture capture only records the voice and the screen, so anything written on the board you cant see. also, he said that the lecturer sometimes explains things and you can guess what will be on the exam judging by their body language :/

should i be happy with this option or is it going to kind of hinder my availability to knowledge?

thanks
Attending lectures is definitely not necessary to do well at uni - everyone will learn differently. Try to find what is right for you - most of first year and VCE also is really just students learning how to learn.

However, even if you are allocated to the recording stream you can just turn up to the actual lecture - there should be enough seats - if this subject has a large cohort there might be too many people in the first few weeks but attendance drops dramatically really quickly for uni lectures so you should be able to get in for later weeks.