Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:25:54 pm

Author Topic: Bachelor of Health Science  (Read 3667 times)  Share 

jollyjolly20

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Bachelor of Health Science
« on: February 22, 2021, 08:31:33 pm »
Hello,

Has anyone studied health science at Deakin? If so, what majors did they do?
Trying to choose two. Majors can be health promotion, nutrition, food studies, exercise science, disability n inclusion, physical activity or psychological science.

Let me know, thankyou!

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
Re: Bachelor of Health Science
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 09:27:10 pm »
+2
Hey there and welcome to ATAR Notes!

I know a couple of people who did this course and enjoyed it. IIRC one majored in nutrition and minored in health promotion and psychology for professional development, not sure about the other person. When it comes to picking majors, I think it's best to consider which majors you will find most enjoyable / beneficial rather than someone else's opinion.

In the realm of health sciences, what interests you the most? What kinds of careers are you interested in (if any)? It might be helpful to have a read through the Deakin handbook about the units you can study in each major (you can do so by going to this link and click on a major, then click on a unit to see its description).
Also, Deakin's website contains careers that the majors can lead to, which you can access with a simple search of the web (e.g. "Health Promotion careers Deakin"). This website has some of the majors in the degree on there, and you can see the career opportunities of each major by scrolling to the "Career Opportunities" section.

If you find you don't like a unit, you can withdraw from it before the census date for Trimester 1 (March 31). You can read about changing units here.

Hope this helps you out a bit :)

2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

jollyjolly20

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 02:40:52 pm »
Wow thank you so much for the thorough reply! Do you know of any other people who studied this degree/feedback/advice they gave?

Yes I will have a look at the links, thanks again :)

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 08:22:03 pm »
Wow thank you so much for the thorough reply! Do you know of any other people who studied this degree/feedback/advice they gave?

Yes I will have a look at the links, thanks again :)
Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone else studying the degree. Perhaps when you start, you can get in touch with older students studying the same course, or even joining a club / society related to your course?

Enjoy HealthSci! Good luck :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash