Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 08:42:30 am

Author Topic: Consumer law help  (Read 1423 times)  Share 

jamie anderson

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Consumer law help
« on: July 26, 2016, 07:17:53 pm »
Was wondering what are the key legislations/case laws i must know for consumer as well as does anybody have any questions in relation to the first part of consumer law ( the nature of consumer law ) thanks !

asdffgghhjkl

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Consumer law help
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 01:37:52 pm »
Was wondering what are the key legislations/case laws i must know for consumer as well as does anybody have any questions in relation to the first part of consumer law ( the nature of consumer law ) thanks !

The first part of the syllabus (nature of consumer law) basically focuses on the introduction of the Australian Consumer Law (ACL); which was a 'schedule' of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)

Remember that ACL is a national law concerning consumer protection and replaced 20 existing Commonwealth and State consumer laws including the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) and the Fair Trading Act 1987 (NSW)

There are other legislations and small details you can focus on (e.g. Home Building Act 1989 (NSW) under occupational licensing) but I would rather focus on ACL and its implementations in terms of its penalties, and the relevant consumer guarantees.

I have notes that I have written in depth about ACL but I'm pretty sure you get the gist of what I'm trying to saw  :D :D Mainly just focus on ACL for the first part before launching into the legislations for contemporary issues !!!