Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:31:18 am

Author Topic: Mak's Guide To Stress, Depression and the HSC  (Read 1552 times)

makjayne

• Fresh Poster
  • My life is a joke, but we can laugh at it together
  • Respect: +2
Mak's Guide To Stress, Depression and the HSC
« on: April 16, 2018, 12:30:22 pm »
+8
In which Mak doesn't actually know how to cope with any of the things in the title

Monday - April 16th 2018
So, it's the first day of the school holidays, officially marking the fact that we are halfway through this disastrous year.

After having an existential crisis last night about both the past and future, I saw a post the following morning in the HSC Discussion Group Facebook chat promoting this, saying it was a good way to vent 'bout life and the HSC. I decided to try this, as someone who enjoys journaling and keeps a daily journal, in hopes of being able to relieve some stress and hopefully vent and bond with some people in the same boat.

So, a brief summary of me, who is Mak exactly?
I am a 17 year old 2018 HSC student (obviously) living on the East Coast of Australia, bout three hours north of Sydney.

My subjects are 10 units in total and are made up of:

✰ Advanced English
✰ Extension 1 English
✰ Extension 2 English
✰ Drama
✰ Design & Technology
✰ Textiles & Design

That's after dropping Senior Science and Software Design and Development at the end of year 11.

So, I'm currently in the middle of attempting to work my way through four Major Works and they're going to be what consume all my time in the holidays, once I find the motivation to actually work on them. I'm currently lacking inspiration in all areas, which is bad because I have a Drama checkup due week one (in which I recite a minute of my monologue) and in week two I have a prototype for Design & Technology that I have yet to start.

Oh boy, oh boy am I not looking forward to going back though, not just for the lack of inspiration on the Major Works but we'll be getting Mid Course back. Let's just say the excuse "It's only mid course" came up way too much in my True Crime documentary binge watching spree when I should've been writing essays.

I'll attempt to post more as my stress levels rise.

Gonna be a long year.

Here's to plenty of panic and caffeine fuelled nights.

- Mak
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 12:35:35 pm by makjayne »

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
Re: Mak's Guide To Stress, Depression and the HSC
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 12:45:16 pm »
+5
Hey, makjayne.

Glad to have ya on board -  I hope this community will help to make your HSC goal a reality.

Ooh, four units of English. How are you finding them? We have a few people who have done those four units, and I'm sure they'll be more than happy in lending you a hand any time you need.

Good luck with the major works - it's tough! But try to look past it and use the areas that interest you to motivate you to work on your major works.

makjayne

• Fresh Poster
  • My life is a joke, but we can laugh at it together
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 12:56:28 pm »
+2
Hey, makjayne.

Glad to have ya on board -  I hope this community will help to make your HSC goal a reality.

Ooh, four units of English. How are you finding them? We have a few people who have done those four units, and I'm sure they'll be more than happy in lending you a hand any time you need.

Good luck with the major works - it's tough! But try to look past it and use the areas that interest you to motivate you to work on your major works.

English is actually alright. I quite enjoy Extension 1 and 2, Advanced is bumming me out a little though. I have the same teacher for all four units and she's rather... Hard to please, let's say. Then again, hard to please is better than someone who just agrees with everything regardless if it's good or bad, I guess. Would be keen to find some other 4U students :)

And thank you, it is tough and I'm attempting to incorporate my interests into all my Majors, sometimes though motivation is just... I can't seem to focus, I've already changed Ext 2 and Design & Tech, don't really have time to do that again, aha. Fingers crossed inspiration will strike. Thanks x

LochNess Monster

• Forum Regular
  • I speak Chinglish!
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 01:13:31 pm »
I'm an Ext. 2 student!!!!!
ATAR: 89.55
⸜( ˙ ˘ ˙)/ ・゚☆✧ Sometimes wrong numbers are the right numbers ~ Cecelia Ahern

☽ “But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.” - Yeats