Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 02:24:29 am

Author Topic: My Year 12 Life - Class of 2018  (Read 42359 times)

StudyBuddyKJ

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +16
Re: My Year 12 Life - Class of 2018
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2018, 11:30:49 am »
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! I should have typed this last Thursday when I actually had school... It's the four day long weekend and I am studying for my half yearlies. I ate most of my Easter eggs yesterday... Whoops!

Anyway. Back to the good news. Remember that English listening assessment task I did a couple of weeks ago? Yeah, I kinda got that back on Thursday. It was period 5, I was totally expecting to just write an essay that lesson but I heard my teacher say "Oh and I'm handing back your assessments". Suddenly dread filled me. This was the task before I had to go to the Ortho... I was worried.

When the first person got his task back he literally ran out of the room to scream in happiness (I don't know why cause he's like the smartest person in our class), he's very full of himself. I've literally hated him since I started at that school in year 9 when he was in all THREE of my elective classes. I still strive to beat him. Anyway. Back on track.

I finally got my task back (It was out of 20) and there was a big red 18 marked on the top of my page. I had to stare at it for a few moments to actually believe that I had gotten 18/20 on an in-class English task. Believe me, it's never going to happen again. Since it was my last period of the day (5th period cause I had a study 6th) I felt like it made my day. I thought I did really bad and didn't answer the questions properly. I counted up the marks only losing two, I got to the last section and was like maybe they added it up wrong but no 6/6 for the last question. I swear my eye balls almost jumped out of their sockets.

The top mark in the year was 19.5/20 and the class average was 15/20. The English coordinator walked into our class and asked everyone if they were happy with their marks, only half the class put up their hands. I was surprised because the side of the room I sit on put their hands up and no one on the other side did.

Oh boy was I happy. It made my day.

But oh well. Hope everyone has a good weekend! Tomorrow I have to go back to school.... uggghhh

OMG that is amazing! Great job! Keep up the good work!

Caitlynk_22

• MOTM: DEC 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +238
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2018, 07:23:14 pm »
+2
OMG that is amazing! Great job! Keep up the good work!

Thank you! I found out two more of my marks today, religion and my art case study I did a couple of weeks ago. I got 30/32 for my religion and 91.5% for my art case study. I still haven't gotten my art essay back but everything is looking okay so far!

Exams are tomorrow and I'm so nervous. I never thought I'd be this nervous for an exam. I start with English which I think I am actually doomed for. Like, I know my quotes but structuring a response in 40 mins is hard for me. I write WORSE when under pressure. I like hand-in tasks as they can be looked over again and again for mistakes. But anyway.

Goodluck for all year 12s doing or have done exams!
2018 - HSC - My HSC Journal 2018
2019 - Gap Year - Cert 3 @ TAFE My Gap Year Journal
2020 - 2022 B of Design (Architecture) @ UoN My University Journal

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2018, 07:31:29 pm »

Exams are tomorrow and I'm so nervous. I never thought I'd be this nervous for an exam. I start with English which I think I am actually doomed for. Like, I know my quotes but structuring a response in 40 mins is hard for me. I write WORSE when under pressure. I like hand-in tasks as they can be looked over again and again for mistakes.

My English exam is tomorrow too! The build-up to the english exam is the worst out of all exams, I feel.  :-[
Hope it all goes well for you tomorrow! It will all be done in a flash (and unfortunately I feel like this is always the case: when you need time, it goes too quickly  ;D).
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2018, 02:40:13 pm »
+1
My English exam is tomorrow too! The build-up to the english exam is the worst out of all exams, I feel.  :-[
Hope it all goes well for you tomorrow! It will all be done in a flash (and unfortunately I feel like this is always the case: when you need time, it goes too quickly  ;D).

Oh I totally agree! Time pretty much ran away from me during the exam. I did the essay in 45 minutes, short answer in 40 and the creative in 35. I think the most challenging part of the exam for me was the short answer. I did a little bit of bs cause I had no idea what to do for one of them. I remembered all my quotes (Thank god!). Anyway, time to study for engineering for next monday morning!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2018, 02:42:44 pm »
A little late, but congrats on that 18/20 - just read it, and it made my day!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2018, 02:32:50 pm »
+2
A little late, but congrats on that 18/20 - just read it, and it made my day!

Thank you  ;D

Today, I had my 3 hour engineering exam which I wasn't too bummed about. I was more scared about the fact that it was 3 hrs. So it turns out our paper was really similar to the 2017 HSC with some tiny adjustments. I studied that like yesterday so I think I did OK!

Tomorrow is 2U maths and I feel so unprepared. I've SO much revision but I feel like it has gotten me no where. I've been doing heaps of HSC's, trials and half yearly papers, they're okay. I get most of them right but some of them are just really hard to start and finish. I think I might be okay because there's no probability and physics which is a good thing. Theres so much in our exams. Here I'll give you a list:
  • Trigonometric Functions
    Logs and Exponentials
    Integration
    Geometrical applications of differentiation
    Tangent to a curve and the derivative function
    Plance geometry
    The quadratic polynomial and the parabola
    Linear functions
    Trigonometric ratios
    Real functions
    Basic arithamtic and algebra.

I get that most of it is prelim but there's so much! Oh and I accidentally forgot my maths book for this afternoons study in the library. I successfully finished the 2002 HSC paper - missing topics we had not yet done - and it seems okay. I think I just need a bit of confidence.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2018, 07:41:10 pm »
I get that most of it is prelim but there's so much! Oh and I accidentally forgot my maths book for this afternoons study in the library. I successfully finished the 2002 HSC paper - missing topics we had not yet done - and it seems okay. I think I just need a bit of confidence.

Good luck! If you are doing papers from the early 2000's you are doing some of the hardest papers out there, so I reckon you are well prepared and you have every reason to be confident! Remember, positivity is a performance enhancer ;D

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2018, 04:55:36 pm »
+3
Good luck! If you are doing papers from the early 2000's you are doing some of the hardest papers out there, so I reckon you are well prepared and you have every reason to be confident! Remember, positivity is a performance enhancer ;D

Oh wow. I didn't know that! I did the test this morning and boy was I glad to leave the exam hall. For the first hour and 15 minutes I was breezing through the multiple choice, Q 11, Q 12, Q 13 and then I got to Q 14... I was alright at it but I'm not sure if I got anything right.

I mean I know I did the right formulas and things but integrating and differentiating Logs has always been my worst topic. It had to be in one of the hardest parts didn't it. I really tried to answer it but I don't think it's right.

Q 15 was REALLY hard. I mean very hard, I remember people coming out of the exam hall saying they could get hardly anywhere with the last few questions which I was kinda relieved about. Now I just wanna know how you actually do it. It was geometry and our teacher had warned us that the question was going to be geometry but that hard? I don't think I'd ever seen anything like it before.

I will certainly be going back to revise with that test. I swear I did the first couple of Questions (11, 12, 13 and part of 14) then sat there staring at the ones in question 15, I mean, I attempted them... maybe I'll get part marks? Who knows. I think that is the worst I've felt after coming out of a math exam. I remember the days in year 10 where I could get 100% in my tests. Year 12 is a completely different cup of tea.

I have two exams left, art tomorrow and ancient on Friday. I'm actually so glad that the main three I was worrying about are out of the way. OH, I got my mark for multiple choice for my engineering exam. We have a small class of 7 ppl so it's pretty easy to mark. I got 20/20. It helped that the paper he used was the 2017 HSC. I studied by doing that and other exams. I think I might do okay in that test.

Half way done exams then it's holidays! Oh thank goodness. I swear this term has gone incredibly fast. We're half-way through year 12! It's so hard to believe. Less than six months till we graduate. Gah.

When I go on the bus to get to school in the mornings, I hear year 7s talking about schoolwork. I think to myself 'I remember when that was hard' now all we're saying is to them is 'everything you're doing is easy', compared to year 12 it is but when you're there, it is hard.

A part of me wishes I was more relaxed in year 7, 8, 9 and 10. I wish I had more fun. Though, I must say the highlight of junior school (7-10) was the year 10 formal. I wonder what the highlight of senior school will be. Graduation? Muck-up week? The holidays? My friends?

Anyway, sorry for the long entry. I feel like I'm procrastinating my art. I have three artists but our teacher didn't give our Duchamp case study back to us before she went on the year 9 camp. I literally asked her 2 weeks in advance, pretty much every art lesson. I'll sort it. I won't worry too much for the not counting exam.

Byyeyeeee

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2018, 08:39:55 am »
OKAY so I have my art exam today and our art class group chat is exploding. I mean literally about how we are all gonna fail hahaha. But there's this problem. OUR TEACHER DIDN'T MAKE A STUDY GUIDE. So we can't find out how the exam is set out. Like, we've heard that its two HSC section 1's one time and then another time people are saying its like a normal HSC. Whhhaaatt doooo IIIII doooooo??? Keep studying my artists and artworks? It's this afternoon so I have time but like WHAT IS GOING ON? Our teacher is away on year 9 camp so it's not like we can ask her. Although it doesn't count everyone is still stressing about it. I mean it should be the exam we don't really study for.. BUT WE ARE SO CONFUSED. I'm just gonna keep studying my artists and artworks and see when I get into the room. What can go wrong? EVERYTHING  :'(

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2018, 08:12:33 pm »
+3
Okay so my art exam. I did like 6.5 pages for the essay and the short answer was so bad. I really think i need to revise it and go through the basics again.

The examiner forgot to give us the sheet that had the essay questions on it so we were given an extra five minutes reading time. Similar to last year where they forgot to give us the plate booklet. I think I did okay considering it was a non-assessable. Last exam is ancient and I'm pretty confident with it. Its on friday so I have all of tomorrow to study for it. Should be alright 😊

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2018, 10:41:45 am »
+6
Ancient history exam this afternoon and then its HOLIDAYS! THANK GOD. I'm so tired of studying and I'm bored of it. Like I don't think I've ever studied so much for exams before? Which is weird but I dunno. IM SO READY FOR HOLIDAYS! I may also have a look for what I want for a Grad dress.

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2018, 02:29:28 pm »
GOOD LUCK! Enjoy the holidays - ya deserve it. Use this holiday period to catch up with family and friends, or just to cool off and re-energise for the rest of the year! Congrats on surviving this far, you're almost there!

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2018, 08:22:51 pm »
+4
So! Week 1 of the holidays is finished and now I've only got another week to slack off. Though, I haven't been procrastinating too much as I have been doing my Art major. It's coming along really well and I am almost finished my second sculpture, so two of three almost finished. I hope to have it done by the time term starts again but we'll see.

OH, I went to Sydney on the weekend and we went to Chatswood, Parramatta and other places. I had a really good time other than having to drive in Sydney traffic which is actually really stressful especially when you're a country person (Less traffic!) and it's your second time driving in Sydney. I did so many things wrong! Whoops! I am so used to the relaxed environment of my town that it was a huge shock in Sydney. I was talking about it with my friends and half of them hadn't ever driven in Sydney. They should. It's a good learning experience as you always have to be careful and alert even if you are a confident driver.

BUT ALAS. I got heaps of hours up and am literally so close (Well if you call 70 hours in the log book close). I hope to do some more driving this week, hopefully bumping it up to 80 and then I want to do some actual driving lessons with an instructor next term. I hope I can get my P's at least a month after the 1 year mark which is on May 6th then I can transport my art major so much easier!

OH! Did I tell you about my Engineering Studies mark? Yes, I know I told you about the multiple choice but I got my mark back. My FULL mark. I got 84/100 which I am extremely happy about. The average in our class was 63/100 so I am so happy to be 20 marks above average. I'm not sure what everyone else got but I hope everyone else has done well!

Anyway. I'm rambling. I hope everyone is having an amazing holidays and working hard even if half the day is procrastinating. I swear I sleep in till 10 every morning.

Byeee!

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2018, 02:08:46 pm »
+5
So I finally finished updating my Ancient History notes. I am so glad I finished them.

I have to write an english essay tomorrow which is due on monday, the last day of school holidays for me. I kinda wanna relax on Monday because I've actually been very productive these last two weeks.

OH I FINALLY FINISHED MY SECOND SCULPTURE FOR ART. I am actually so proud of myself. I hope to finish my next sculpture in May or June.  I swear ive spent so many hours on my major over all my other subjects but anyway. I feel satisfied with how much Ive done this holidays.

Anyway. School starts on Tuesday and I'm really nervous to get my exam marks back. Like REALLY nervous. I know I probably flunked Math and Ancient cause they were both hard. Ancient was hard mainly becausr there was question in which I hadn't studied as much for. I swear we hadnt even learnt about one of them. But anyway. It'll be okay.

Good bye.

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2018, 11:20:00 am »
+5
Aaannnddd WE'RE BACK. Back to school of course. Which sucks but you know, it's the last year of high school ever so that's a good thing, right?

I had art period 1, we got our exams back so it was pretty good. It didn't count but I did pretty horrible especially on short answer ugghh. I got 14/25 for short answer which is so bad. Since it doesn't count, our teacher didn't mark the essay. I felt more confident about that part. Apparently I was one of the only people in the class to include 3 different artworks from 3 artists (Meaning nine artworks in total).

I also had English this morning at period 2. We didn't get our exams back but our teacher guarantees that we'll get it back sometime this week. We instead started Mod B and we are doing W.B Yeats. Is he an okay poet? I hope he is.

At the moment I'm in a double study working out what I should be doing because I did a lot of schoolwork during holidays. But anyway.

This friday we are going to an expo in Bathurst. It's actually a facts day and my brother went to it a couple of years ago. He said it went too quickly and you didn't have enough time to talk to people much. I'm HOPING it is informative but we have to go back to school for period 5 and 6.

Anyway. Hope everyone is having a great first or second day back to school!