Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 12:03:09 pm

Author Topic: Why is "Environmental Science" the most unpopular Science-related VCE subject?  (Read 11899 times)  Share 

boysenberry

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1

diam0nds

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2012
I'm doing Enviro 3/4 and it's my favourite subject :)

It's not hard at all! It's interesting and requires hardly any work compared to all the other sciences, and the textbook is tiny.  I probably do 30 mins (or less) a week of Enviro h/w out of class...which is like nothing

This probably sounds bad but I hardly studied for the mid year and got an A haha and I'm really not smart at all, a lot of the exam is common sense, you just have to know some stats and terms :)

My teacher said theres only about 600 kids in the whole of Victoria doing it, and our school has 50 of them lol. 

2011: Environmental Science
2012: English | Methods | Indo SL | Biology | Chemistry

paulsterio

• ATAR Notes Legend
  • I <3 2SHAN
  • Respect: +430
its a circular situation, schools arent teaching it because students dont seem to want it, students dont seem to want it because schools dont seem to offer it, so they dont bother :)
in all honesty, its probably because its a new subject

Truck

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +122
  • School: who needs school when you got SWAG?
i was going to say cause it sucks but i guess everyone else has made some reasonable points as well.
#yolo #thuglife #swaggotandproud

Inspirations: Mahtama Ghandi, T-Pain, The Caped Crusader and Ayn Rand.

Romperait

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +51
  • School Grad Year: 2011
i was going to say cause it sucks but i guess everyone else has made some reasonable points as well.

Well you're particularly positive! ^_^