Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:33:37 pm

Author Topic: Accusations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh  (Read 699 times)  Share 

TheBigC

Accusations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh
« on: October 04, 2018, 07:38:39 pm »
+1
Consequentially to (fairly) recent allegations against the justice, Brett Kavanaugh, purporting sexual misconduct toward Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, there has been an influx of non-corroborating evidence against the plaintiff. Dr. Ford fails to recollect significant details of this ostensible episode and, recently, her ex-boyfriend has released a letter that juxtaposes her veracity. What are people’s general opinions on this issue? Is Kavanaugh guilty? Has the #MeToo movement become radicalised? Share your ideologies here. I would thoroughly enjoy hearing them amongst this politically ambiguous time.

sdfg

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +42
Re: Accusations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 04:22:37 pm »
+4
I don't think there's enough evidence to prove that he's guilty but at the same time I don't think there's enough evidence to discard the accusations against him. Even though they're just one person's word and innocent until proven guilty, the fact that Christine Ford decided to publicly come out that she was sexually assaulted indicates that something did happen - might not amount to sexual assault but at least something.

What I can say for certain though ... his behaviour during the hearing was flipping deplorable. If that's how you conduct yourself before the senate judicial committee, how the hell are you meant to be an impartial arbiter of the law that's deciding on cases of national importance and with far reaching implications?

Edit: With re: to your #MeToo question, I don't think the movement as a whole has become 'radicalised' but as with all movements/ideologies/religions etc., there will always be those who take it too far. I can see why the #MeToo might seem 'radicalised' though, because the idea of having this amount of women coming together to fight, with such anger and determination, against an issue that has historically been swept under the rug is certainly radical and new.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 05:02:18 pm by sdfg »
Psychology [45] | HHD [47]