Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:43:02 pm

Author Topic: Future online lectures  (Read 4460 times)  Share 

Duck Tails

• Trailblazer
  • she/her
  • Respect: +40
Future online lectures
« on: April 26, 2020, 02:07:49 pm »
+9
Personally, I'm quite new to the world of ATARNotes; I started my early VCE subject, and went to a head start lecture as well as one of the livestream lectures.

I greatly preferred the livestream lecture as while the lecture I attended physically was still great, being a regional student it was a lot easier than having to wake up early, travel ~2 hours to Melbourne, attend the lecture, then head back home. Having access to the livestreamed lecture for a few days afterwards was also a plus, as I was able to go back and forth between the topics I was learning in class.

Is there a chance that livestreams of the lectures will be implemented in the future, even after quarantine is over?
KLD Class of 2022
VCE 2021: Biology [41], Religion and Society [34]
2022: Chemistry, Methods, Revolutions, English Language

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
Re: Future online lectures
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 07:27:16 pm »
+6
A great idea would be to have a live-stream option for physical lectures. This would make it easier for regional students (who prefer to stay at home instead of travelling long distances) to watch the lectures. Besides this is an idea that has already been implemented in some universities across the nation. Of course this idea would need to be implemented after COVID-19 finishes.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 07:33:17 pm by JerryMouse2019 »
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 07:33:32 pm »
+11
A great idea would be to have a live-stream option for physical lectures. This would make it easier for regional students (who prefer to stay at home) (instead of travelling long distances) to watch the lectures. Besides this is an idea that has already been implemented in some universities across the nation. Of course this idea would need to be implemented after COVID-19 finishes.
Or even for rural students who CAN'T travel to Melbourne to attend lectures, the online lectures for U3 were awesome and it was great that if you wanted to take notes or had to go do something when you came back to your computer you could pick up right where you left off
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 08:04:55 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

ATAR Notes Official

• Administrator
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +207
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 08:31:16 am »
+9
Thanks for your suggestions, everybody! We're really glad to hear you enjoyed the online lectures.

Given the overall success of the live streams and the feedback we've received from students, we're definitely considering some of the options above for future lecture series. :)
PMs on this account are not monitored. Please contact us here.