Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:31:54 am

Author Topic: SEND HELP SPEECH: SOCIAL INCLUSION + EXCLUSION  (Read 756 times)  Share 

changeuponchange

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
SEND HELP SPEECH: SOCIAL INCLUSION + EXCLUSION
« on: March 04, 2019, 09:30:24 pm »
I have an assessment task in which we have to do a 10 minute presentation on the social exclusion of a group in society. As the task has limited information on the structure of the speech, I was hoping someone could help me in how to structure my speech!!!!!!

scientificllama

• Forum Obsessive
  • insert quirky quote
  • Respect: +81
Re: SEND HELP SPEECH: SOCIAL INCLUSION + EXCLUSION
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 10:08:19 pm »
+2
Hey there!

Just saying you picked a really intresting topic! Here's a structure that hopefully helps for your 10 minute speech.

1. Introduction: basically just define social exlusion and the basics and effects of what exclusion does to a group in society. Also, point out the topics you'll be discussing
2. Point 1
3. Point 2
4 Point 3:
5. Conclusion: sum up all that you said and state the long term effects of social exclusion in society.

Sorry this is really basic :( Hope it helps a bit tho!
2019: 1/2 Psych

2020: English, Bio, Chem, Psych, HHD, Methods

2021: bye bye psych :D

charlottemchenry

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 05:47:55 pm »
+1
I have an assessment task in which we have to do a 10 minute presentation on the social exclusion of a group in society.

Just adding to what's above.

1. Intro - exactly as k.herc said you could define social exclusion and all that and perhaps also introduce a key group or 2 you're going to focus on as a case study.
As the presentation goes for 10 minutes you could structure your paragraphs as so
   2. What factors cause exclusions of groups. Perhaps give a general overview and then pinpoint it to your particular group. This could focus on how varying beliefs etc lead to exclusion and then give a history behind why your particular focus group/s faces exclusion.
   3. How is social exclusion evident in society today. Go into the way it is seen and again bring into play your social group.
   4. Discuss how social exclusion affects individuals and/or discuss how the group has been affected i.e. has social exclusion solidified them as a group/community or disbanded them.
5. Conclusion: bring this all together.

I didn't society and culture so I apologise if this is completely on the wrong track but I hope this helps a bit. Good luck
HSC 2018 - Standard English [88] || Mathematics [89] || Biology [89] || Chemistry [83] || Legal Studies [92] || Studies of Religion 1 [45]

Atar:

UTS 2019 - Bachelor of Advanced Science (Infection and Immunity) and Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation

changeuponchange

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 11:01:46 pm »
Thank you for the help!!