Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:27:10 am

Author Topic: georgie's vce journey <3  (Read 3093 times)

afuturepsych

• Adventurer
  • hi! i'm georgie n i spend all my time on pinterest
  • Respect: +16
Re: georgie's vce journey <3
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2020, 08:22:57 pm »
+8
hihihi! ok so it's been more than a quick minute... i've really struggled w motivation these past few weeks, my twin brother has been quite unwell so my primary focus has been looking after my family - and that leaves my schoolwork a bit high and dry. back to school tmr and kinda rly nervous... so many sacs r happening and i just. arghhhh!! not vibing gang not vibing
biology
- really really have no motivation for this subject, even though it is interesting
- the marking seems really pedantic, and that's driving me absolutely bonkers
- i always enjoy the theory but yeah. the sacs are weird
- have a sac next week, and two weeks after (week 8 and week 10) so thats a joy
chemistry
- still my favourite subject
- we did an online sac last week, and it was really demotivating... we did the 'poster' sac, and we could choose part a or part b. i chose part b without knowing the majority of my cohort (like 150 out of ~180 students) did part a cos it was a LOT easier. jjjsjhfdjhfdjkh. v unhappy w the sac i submitted but its 6% so yknow we keep grinding we keep moving forward
- sac in week 10 (calling this hell week for a REASON)
english
- LACKING SO MUCH MOTIVATION. i never submit things overdue, but the last two google classrooms tasks have been late. aiya not a vibe
- rear window annoys me sm gahhh
- sacs in week 10 (hell week!)
french
- met a cute boy at a french immersion day but i think he might be gay  :P whoopsy
- sac in week 11 and t3 week 1
- i feel v overwhelmed. like i know what i need to do to get a really good understanding but theres not enough time in a day?!
- just wanna be on exchange again ngl
methods
- a little bit behind in exercises but we trying
- sac in week 9 sjffjjd i gotta start my bound ref cos that sac is 22%
- a kid in my year has been doing support classes cos he finished methods content in year 10 and ohmygod they're so helpful. makes me wish my parents let me do tutoring hahaha
special mention: ucat
- w everything thats going on this year, im not certain i wanna move interstate OR be studying at monash (so fkn far away...) so have rly let this slide
- every ucat i've done, i've performed rly well in decision  making and verbal reasoning
- kinda just treating it as (very expensive) gamsat practice... i do Not vibe w monash idk why
anyway i hope you're all having a better week than i am rn! v excited to see my friends tmr ngl
kld class of 2020
'19:
psychology (43)
'20:
bio (38)
chem (37)
english (41)
french (37)
methods (38)
atar:
course:
bsci unimelb

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 10:40:38 pm »
+5
Hey hey georgie!! ;D

Just wanted to say I'm loving the new journal update. :D. Don't worry, I know you will do AMAZING in your upcoming sacs and you can do it!! *Furiously shakes cheerleading pom poms in the air*
Motivation is super hard to get every once in a while, and I understand exactly where you are coming from. It's so bizarre to hear that we are going back to school tomorrow too :o

english
- LACKING SO MUCH MOTIVATION. i never submit things overdue, but the last two google classrooms tasks have been late. aiya not a vibe
- rear window annoys me sm gahhh
- sacs in week 10 (hell week!)

We are living parallel lives or something🤣 . I absolutely have no motivation in this subject and I'm also doing RW too! (Twinzies gang 8)). By the sounds of week 10, it literally sounds like something out of a horror movie. Tell us how it goes and we are with you every step of the way! Good luck for the upcoming school week and I'm pretty positive you will be smashing those sacs.

afuturepsych

• Adventurer
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2020, 06:45:12 pm »
+2
PROMISE a new reply is coming soon! halfway through hell fortnight (english got pushed to week 11) and then i'll update!!
hope you're all having a wonderful day, don't forget to get some exercise in, stay hydrated, do some skincare and eat something yummy - life isn't all about study <3
kld class of 2020
'19:
psychology (43)
'20:
bio (38)
chem (37)
english (41)
french (37)
methods (38)
atar:
course:
bsci unimelb

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2020, 07:36:18 pm »
+1
PROMISE a new reply is coming soon! halfway through hell fortnight (english got pushed to week 11) and then i'll update!!
hope you're all having a wonderful day, don't forget to get some exercise in, stay hydrated, do some skincare and eat something yummy - life isn't all about study <3

hey georgie!
you can get through this week! keep on chipping away slowly and i promise you can get the marks you want. i love how you mention that life isn't all about study, i need that sometimes ahaha
eloise <3

2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

afuturepsych

• Adventurer
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2020, 11:18:44 pm »
+4
i PROMISE an in depth post is coming this weekend, but i am so glad all my sacs are done and dusted for the term!
all i'm going to say is i've really fallen off my grind since returning to school. my marks so far this term have all been okay but nothing i am super happy with... except for methods, weirdly, where i pulled a 94 despite it being my least favourite subject.
anyway, we had our english text response on wednesday, and i really struggled to say the least. we studied rear window and i didn't enjoy the text, at all. for two weeks straight i had insane nightmares about my teacher hating all of my essays, so i didn't end up finishing a practice essay before the sac... i have like 10 draft ones but never finished one whole essay.
come sac time, i got Very dissociate-y and unresponsive (or so i've been told)
i walked into the sac and had a massive panic attack - sobbing, hyperventilating, the works. one teacher offered to put me into a separate room but i knew i'd be worse if that happened. pushed through it and wrote the sh*ttiest essay you have ever seen but god i am glad it's done. aa is my strong point so i really hope i can redeem myself a little with that. i'm not wanting a 50 or anything in english, low 40's would be nice, and apparently a girl at our school got a 42 w/ a not great text response essay. idk i really need to get my sh*t together for eng... i'm really really struggling w motivation for it
so much for a short update! if u read this far i hope ur having a better week than me <3
kld class of 2020
'19:
psychology (43)
'20:
bio (38)
chem (37)
english (41)
french (37)
methods (38)
atar:
course:
bsci unimelb