Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:40:06 pm

Author Topic: Post Selective School Exam Discussion  (Read 24869 times)  Share 

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
Re: Post Selective School Exam Discussion
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2019, 05:14:56 pm »
sorry, I have too many questions.
around what percentage is usually a superior? i know it’s different for each module, but just overall; what percentage is usually a sup?

Top 11% or (10% I am not too sure) of competitors is a superior. From what I have seen in the past years, try to only guess 10 or 12 questions for all the subjects. (Once again this is only a presumption - so give or take a few). I am not entirely sure for the writing either (you may want to ask a tutor or someone on AN).

someone5643

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2019, 08:36:02 am »
honestly now that I'm thinking abt it, I couldve tried way harder on the exam and put in more effort
Now im kinda regretting my decisions for not taking it as seriously as I should have and kinda thinking I'm not rlly gonna get in rn
Has it been like this for anyone else?

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2019, 08:50:52 am »
honestly now that I'm thinking abt it, I couldve tried way harder on the exam and put in more effort
Now im kinda regretting my decisions for not taking it as seriously as I should have and kinda thinking I'm not rlly gonna get in rn
Has it been like this for anyone else?

lol mate that's exactly what I am thinking about right now. I did the year 10 JMSS test, and have been cursing myself since the exam day for not trying harder on the exam. Dw, there is nothing really that can be done at this point. I just remind myself that it is not the school that determines VCE, it is the individual. If you rlly want to get into that selective school of your preference, remember that for you there is always a second chance next year.

Edit: P.S. just don't stress too much about it, think of it as a passing cloud. I'm sure you would've done fine.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:53:09 am by ^^^111^^^ »

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
  • yes, it’s true i suck at math
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2019, 07:17:24 pm »
HI!
(yes i’m sorry, it’s me again)
i have one final question before the offers in a few weeks ( i know and i’m sorry )
Does anyone remember; how many worded problems there were for VR and NR? < being anxious really doesn’t help at all and i’m already trying to predict my scores in any way possible.
Thank you in advance <3
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 07:20:06 pm by sippingtea »

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2019, 08:27:48 am »
HI!
(yes i’m sorry, it’s me again)
i have one final question before the offers in a few weeks ( i know and i’m sorry )
Does anyone remember; how many worded problems there were for VR and NR? < being anxious really doesn’t help at all and i’m already trying to predict my scores in any way possible.
Thank you in advance <3

Bro i dont know if u wanna hear this but numerical had more reading to it than reasing comprehension. Verbal had a lot of worded problems too. I found verbal and mumerical to be the teo hardest components of yhe exam. Now pleaae be honest, how many questions did u do in verbal and numerical because im trying to find out how others did to predict what i got in then. I did 37 in verbal and guessed and literally 15 in numerical, but i did very well on the other modules.

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2019, 07:16:03 pm »
Bruh, let me be honest with you, from the sounds of it, and considering how well you said you did earlier in maths - you're gonna get in, don't stress. No joke, I don't think I even stand a chance anymore. But for verbal I did all of them, only guessed maximum 5. And then there was numerical, literally guessed 20 or more, but idk I feel like I've already forgotten how many i did or not. it was something like that. Good job on doing so well, really hope it all goes well for you.
Why are y’all even talking about the exam rn? I legit forgot it existed till today when I saw the Atar notes forum lol. The exam is over, you can’t change anything now.

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2019, 07:32:06 pm »
Bro i dont know if u wanna hear this but numerical had more reading to it than reasing comprehension. Verbal had a lot of worded problems too. I found verbal and mumerical to be the teo hardest components of yhe exam. Now pleaae be honest, how many questions did u do in verbal and numerical because im trying to find out how others did to predict what i got in then. I did 37 in verbal and guessed and literally 15 in numerical, but i did very well on the other modules.
well, for verbal i did every question except for all the worded problems (i did like 4 of them), for nr i did about 30 questions and guessed the rest. 

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2019, 07:35:26 pm »
Why are y’all even talking about the exam rn? I legit forgot it existed till today when I saw the Atar notes forum lol. The exam is over, you can’t change anything now.
LOL sorry, I had a bad dream about it and it just suddenly came to my mind

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
  • Respect: +60
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2019, 07:43:42 pm »
whatever happens happens. if you get in, great. if you dont get in, you wont die. dont stress too much about it oof haha
taking a break.

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2019, 11:15:06 am »
Bruh, let me be honest with you, from the sounds of it, and considering how well you said you did earlier in maths - you're gonna get in, don't stress. No joke, I don't think I even stand a chance anymore. But for verbal I did all of them, only guessed maximum 5. And then there was numerical, literally guessed 20 or more, but idk I feel like I've already forgotten how many i did or not. it was something like that. Good job on doing so well, really hope it all goes well for you.

Bro thanks for boosting my confidence, but even though i did good on maths, everyone found it hard so it makes no difference. As u say, everyone found verbal easy, i didnt even come close to finishing. and everyone gyuessed around 20 for numerical, i guessed like 75% of the test. The Achievement tests are what will carry me, as i did well on reading, very good on writing, and aced maths, but idk if that will be enough.

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
  • Respect: +60
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2019, 06:59:17 pm »
+1
True, but I feel like having a mental breakdown. Lol, is it just me?

haha nah a lot of people i know who tried out this year feel this way. like all the parabolas and completely new style of verbal and numerical was unexpected. just remember it was new for everyone. not everyone expects it. i never really expected them to have parabolas but previous years have had them (as well as binary and base 8 i hate them so much theyre the epitome of evil) but still. you should be proud that you even did the exam. my best friend (year below me) did the mock exam that james an was holding and freaked out after she sat it. a lot of people chicken out. the fact that you and many others didnt is already a massive achievement :)))
taking a break.

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2019, 07:33:33 pm »

no sis, i feel ya. really nervous for the results ngll

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2019, 07:43:20 pm »
if you think that’s bad, I had a literal dream about the exam and woke up in tears :/

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2019, 11:32:58 pm »
Ayyy! Whatever you need man! I don’t know you in person (that’s okay) but I really do think you’ll be okay and don’t stress too much. If you pretty much only feel like you stuffed up on 1-2 tests it’s okay- remember there are people who didn’t even finish writing and guessed entire tests. And also, getting into MHS is quite a big goal, so even if you don’t (I doubt that!) be proud of yourself. I think I’m the one that should really be worried! 😅

You shouldn’t be worried. If i were u I’d be dying of happiness because I did good on verbal and numerical