Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:34:30 pm

Author Topic: Polynomial division  (Read 5423 times)  Share 

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
Polynomial division
« on: February 11, 2022, 03:06:40 pm »
Hey all,
In regards to polynomial revision for methods 3/4, how neccesary do you think it is? I can find factors and stuff much faster using equating coefficients and stuff, so does it ever come up explicity on exams like "divide these two" or is it usually tech activie like an MC if it does come up?
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

Moskva

• Adventurer
  • bruh
  • Respect: 0
Re: Polynomial division
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 02:49:53 pm »
+3
Hey all,
In regards to polynomial revision for methods 3/4, how neccesary do you think it is? I can find factors and stuff much faster using equating coefficients and stuff, so does it ever come up explicity on exams like "divide these two" or is it usually tech activie like an MC if it does come up?
Polynomials is probably one of those topics that you should be pretty solid with in most scenarios… whether that be VCE meth or beyond… that’s just my opinion anyways  ;)

hvo-ade

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Re: Polynomial division
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 06:28:39 pm »
+1
Hey all,

It's hardly any question asking you to use the process of polynomial division in MM. Using equating coefficients should be fine. Concentrate on the process of finding the roots, it's much trickier. If it's in exam 2, just use Propfrac in CAS.