Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:23:46 am

Poll

What would you like me to write about in this journal?

Study tips + helpful YouTubers
6 (31.6%)
Year 12 workload
2 (10.5%)
Year 11 results
0 (0%)
A little bit of everything
10 (52.6%)
I have another idea (please reply to this post! - jinx_58)
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: The QCE Journey of jinx_58 (bland name, I'll fix it soon!)  (Read 10163 times)

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
  • "I am not afraid to walk this world alone" - MCR
  • Respect: +22
Re: The QCE Journey of jinx_58 (bland name, I'll fix it soon!)
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2022, 10:13:09 am »
+3
Hey.
Quick question, would you have done something differently in year 11 that you kind of regret not doing earlier? Cliché, I know..
And woah 23/25 for English, dayum. Got any tips for English?

Literally studying properly. I sucked at time management and I had no idea how to study. I figured out this thing called active recall and man did it save my IA1's. I just passed my physics and chem exam at the end of unit 2 and I felt like dropping out, but I'm glad I didn't.

For English, I only get good marks in my speeches.
Tips for oral speeches:
1. Focus on your body language. Move around. Use those hands. I know its nerve-wracking but trust me, it'll get you marks. Don't worry about what others think, do it for yourself.
2. Speak clearly, confidently and loudly. Remember you're trying to persuade the audience that your argument is the correct one.
3. Be passionate about the topic you have chosen, and the rest will follow. Fake your confidence if need be.
4. Practice your speech. Listen to it even. When your in the car, listen to your speech. When your on the bus, listen to your speech. When your eating breakfast, listen to your speech. Let it be drilled into your mind.
5. Make sure you have a good understanding of the audience and remember things like how a specific element positions the viewer.
6. Most of all, no matter what mark you get at the end of the day, do not let that determine your future marks. Focus on fixing those mistakes and you'll get there.

Any questions, feel free to ask,
 - jinx_58
Class of 2022!
Currently doing Unit 4: QCE
Physics || Chemistry ||Methods || General English || Ancient History || Religion & Ethics
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2022, 10:30:07 am »
+5
Damn.
Its Term 1, Week 9. Already. One more week of Term 1, Year 12. One more week of Term 1 ever at school.

Greetings! I feel I need to be more present with everything, enjoy everything to the fullest at that one single moment.
Schoolwork isn't too bad I suppose.

Physics: Finished my IA2, final due Monday. However, I think I can add a bit more, my word count is 1600. So...depends on my laziness haha.

Chemistry: Our experiment kinda failed. Twice. But hopefully today we'll be able to fix it. I mean, we've learnt that there is not much citric acid in specific lemonades and how to use a pH probe...so we should be alright? I just wanna get the data already, because the draft is due next week Thursday...I think? But I'm enjoying it though. Titration is pretty sick

Methods: Just been ignoring it...because assignments and stuff. But class makes sense at the moment. I'll study over the holidays.

Ancient History: Finished all my analysis and evaluation, just need to do a critical summary. I also need to make my analysis and eval discerning, which will take a bit but we'll get there. The draft is due next week.

English: Finished my literary essay, kinda over the word count, one of my paragraphs are kinda bad. Need to fix it, and I think I'll be alright. I wanna 20 or above for this one, its real crazy. 

Religion and Ethics: So draining-ingly philosophical. Our exam is next Tuesday, so I think I'll be alright.

I know this is random, but why does Chrome have sooo mannyyy updatess...The Middle by Jimmy Eat World is a good song :)

Thanks for tuning in!
Stay hydrated, stay amazing,
 - jinx_58
Class of 2022!
Physics || Chemistry ||Methods || General English || Ancient History || Religion & Ethics
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2022, 12:18:06 pm »
+3
Yeah, Week 10. Here we come....
Except: I miss out on it (not Friday though, horray! (I mean, if I don't get COVID-19, fingers crossed)).

I'm a close contact of someone with COVID-19 so...yay (sarcasm)

I was supposed to have my RAE exam tomorrow but I have to take it at a later date.

Anyways, submitted my Physics and English final and my Ancient draft. I ain't touching ancient till the holidays. Too much brainpower needed haha.

My chem draft is due Thursday so I'll be working on that and hoping for the best. I can't find any true values/theorised data. Its really annoying. I cannot find much regarding the citric acid concentration in Schweppes No Sugar, Sprite or Woolworths lemonade. If anyone has any tips regarding this, please please please reply.

Thanks for tuning in!
 - jinx_58
Class of 2022!
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2022, 05:48:46 pm »
+4
Howdy!

So, I missed out on week 10 last term but oh well, its all good.

Week 1, Term 2. I have no idea when my RAE exam is, chem and ancient are due next Monday and Tuesday, methods exam is in week 3.

Basically, we've started a bit of Unit 4 content and I'm just hoping to get through lol.

For English though, we have to write a story based on a poem, so if anyone has any tips about  short stories, please let me know. I'm bad at writing short stories haha.

Thanks for tuning in,
 jinx_58
Class of 2022!
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2022, 07:26:35 pm »
+4
Greetings.

So this week was hectic lol.

My Methods exam is coming up next Wednesday and I think my revision is going alright. I handed in all my assignments and man its such a huge relief.

Physics is confusing. Straight up. Quantum is crazy cause' I have no idea where all these assumptions are coming from. Its like our teacher's pulling it from thin air.

Anyways, I'll fix up physics after my methods exam lol.

Welp, thanks for reading!

- jinx_58
Class of 2022!
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2022, 01:16:05 pm »
+4
Hello again!

Apologies for not being on this thing for 2-3 weeks, there was a lot of personal stuff going on lol.

So, I had my formal (ayyyy) and everyone looked amazing! The food was awesome and the lolly buffet was just too good. I had a great time with my mates and its kinda sad I'll never have another cool event like this in highschool. Its really hitting deep that highschool is coming to an end - like, 5-6 months before I graduate?! What?!

Anyways to my subjects:

Methods
I had my exam in Week 3, I think I went alright? I hope I got over 50%. I experienced a math burnout and man it sucks. We've started unit 4, and seems alright - so far lol. I get the content and I caught up on the work I missed before the exam so I hope it was good enough.

Chemistry
Organic was confusing to begin with. Like, I understood alkanes and the prefixes. And I miss one bloody lesson because of my religion exam and all hell broke loose. I fixed myself up (I think lol) and I have come up with a few tricks to remember some of the naming conventions and structures. For example,  Frank Cynitrile. Instead of Frank Sinatra. Point is, a nitrile is a cyanide thing, like C-N. Idk if that makes sense to the person reading this, but yeah it works lol.

Physics
Quantum physics is just...no.

Okay its not that bad but its still hard to wrap your head around. Like, some things make sense and others don't. Its just a matter of understanding lol.

Ancient History
The fall of the Roman republic is sooo cooooool. Like, so many rebellious individuals in one place? Count me in. We got our assignments and I'm planning to do my essay on Caesar, Tiberius Gracchus and Sulla. It seems pre coool, just a matter of finding sources.

English
Poetry. Short story stuff. Not my jam, but I created an alright story. My teacher said it was good, I just need to add onto it to make it hit the word count lol. I mean, I would chuck it up on here, but its depressing. And its got a twist at the end that only people who have read the Chronicles of Narnia (great book, would recommend) would understand.

Religion and Ethics
Boring as usual. We're learning about the meaning of life to us and yeah. Boring stuff.

Other stuff
I started reading the Shadow and Bone series and man its awesome. Its just so damn cool. I highly recommend reading it if you're into fantasy and haven't read it yet.

Anyways, simply getting by lol.

Cheers, stay awesome, stay cool.
 - jinx_58
Class of 2022!
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

little_creative_journals

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2022, 02:23:52 pm »
+2
I started reading the Shadow and Bone series and man its awesome. Its just so damn cool. I highly recommend reading it if you're into fantasy and haven't read it yet.

AHHHH!!!! I love this series so much! I'm currently on the last book and it's soooooo good! The characters and the world building are everything!
༚✧VCE 2020 - 2022✧༚

2021 - Visual Communication and Design [43]

2022 - English | Further Maths | Chemistry | Biology

2023 - Science!!! Interested in pharmacology and immunology (basically, I love all things human biology) ☁️

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2022, 09:12:45 am »
+2
AHHHH!!!! I love this series so much! I'm currently on the last book and it's soooooo good! The characters and the world building are everything!

Yessssss!! I'm up to the second book and ooo its interesting.
Class of 2022!
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2022, 09:04:36 am »
+3
Update:
So, last Friday (20/05), we got our Ancient History marks. I worked quite hard and by the looks of things, it paid off! I got a 24/25!!

I was extremely happy and shocked with the mark. I was hoping for a 20 and like whoa.

Hehe. The hard part is maintaining the mark, and I hope I can.

Spoiler
Song of the week kinda thing: FUNERAL GREY by Waterparks is just an amazing song :)

Edit:
I got my marks for chem and phys
Chem: 18/20 -> I'm pretty happy with this mark but 2 stupid mistakes cost me two marks. I could have gotten a 20 just aghhhhhh though

Phys: 16/20 -> very meh. I was hoping for a better mark but I personally think its unfair that for physics assignments, we have 4 weeks to do em, whereas chem have wayyy more than just 4 weeks.

Oh well, it is what it is. I'll keep going lol. After all, I can only get better :).

Thanks for tuning in!
 - jinx_58
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 07:30:54 pm by jinx_58 »
Class of 2022!
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2022, 12:11:41 pm »
+3
Yo yo yo.

Its the end of week 7.

Damn.

Anyways, I got my methods marks back, and I got 11/15!!!!!
That's the highest I've had since year 10.
From year 10, I've been barely passing with 50%'s and man does it feel great to get a mark like that!

Chemistry
Organic chem is alright I suppose. There's just a lot of stuff to learn and I'm like 2-3 weeks behind on the content and its piling up. Just so many things to memorise, and I haven't even gotten time to create flashcards for em. But I'll hopefully manage my time better this weekend lol. With regards to the research investigation, I've started. I know what I want to do and I've found some possible graphs. The only problem is that the theory I need to understand the reports hasn't been taught yet, so extra research, here I come!!

Physics
Quantum and Special relativity is funky. I mean, the reference frame jokes make life easier, same with the measurement ones. But my mind is like revise elctromag, revise electromag but lol where's the time. For my research investigation, I'm doing ring laser gyroscopes and I've finally found 2 graphs I understand and can use. The draft is due on Monday and I haven't completed the rationale. Welp, I need to finish at least 1 analysis before Monday lol.

Ancient History
The assignment is going alright I s'pose. Just need to finish off the intro for this week. Found all my sources (I think?) so yeah, just need to form proper arguments.

Methods
So, our teacher's leaving. At the end of the term. So, we're moving at quite a fast pace. I just hope we get a good teacher. Other than that, probability is cool.

English
Our short story exam's on Monday, and all I have to do is memorise the story...so I should be okay? Hopefully.

Religion and Ethics
We just have an assignment, got my exam marks from Term 1 back - it was an A. We have a quote to lowkey analyse and compare. I just have one more paragraph to do then I'm done. Its multi-modal but I'll have to record myself because the school doesn't have enough time to get through all our presentations.

I thinks that's about it, school wise.

Panic! At the Disco released a new song and its sounds pretty good! Its a mix of Vices and Virtues and Pray for the Wicked. (Panic! albums). I had such a big P!ATD phase in year 8 but its interesting to revisit their music every now and then lol.

Signing off,
 - jinx_58
Class of 2022!
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2022, 01:21:30 pm »
+1
So, its the start of Week 10.

History and Chem drafts due on Thursday. History I'll be fine, but Chem i need more sourcesss and it takes sooo loooongggg.
I'm lowkey struggling hehe. STressedddddd

The holidays are comin up and I have a bit of work to get done. Like making phys and chem flashcards, catching up on math work, and just working on my physics, chemistry, and ancient assignments.

Thursday and Friday, imma chill cause' athletics carnival stuffos.

I hope everything goes to plan,
 -jinx_58

EDIT: Lol changed my chem report from focusing on morphine to lidocaine. Yay me. And the draft is due Thursday. Someone save me lol.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 07:01:49 pm by jinx_58 »
Class of 2022!
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2022, 11:50:07 am »
+1
I know its da holidays n all...but...

I submitted my Chem draft at 11:57pm on Friday (due date changed and it was due 11:59pm lol). And I completed more than I thought I would.

English marks (short story): 21/25. I'm really happy with that, I didn't think I'd get that grade, I was hoping for an 18+ or something lol.

I made a holiday checklist n stuff, and hopefully I can get stuff done.

Signing off, see ya dudes next term!
 -jinx_58
Class of 2022!
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2022, 07:15:54 pm »
+1
Howdy!

Its weird, there are only 3-4 months until graduation...and 102 days till my first external. Its crazy how hectic things can be, and thoughts like these just hit you in the most inconvenient of times. But moments like these remind me to stay present, focus on the journey not the goal. Through every laugh I share, every paragraph I write and exam I sit, I realise one day this will all just be a daydream. A memory of the good times. And I know I'll look back and smile :) So make it all worth it  8)

Anyways, because I don't have much time, my IA3 for physics is due tomorrow 8:30am, IA3 for ancient due next Wednesday and IA3 Chemistry due the Monday after. I hope I can complete everything, while balancing revision.

For everyone else in the Class of 2022, we've got this. Keep going  :)

- jinx_58
Class of 2022!
My Year 12 QCE Journal!