Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 11:01:57 pm

Author Topic: Reducing Silly Mistakes  (Read 1646 times)  Share 

Lachlan Morley

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: St Augustines College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Reducing Silly Mistakes
« on: September 14, 2017, 05:50:10 pm »
+1
Hi All,

I seem to be dropping 5 marks a paper due to making silly errors through not reading the question and not really analysing what i have to do

Anyone got any tips on how i can fix this

Thanks

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Reducing Silly Mistakes
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 06:15:33 pm »
+3
Practice, practice, practice - No shortcuts my friend, you just need to do more questions under pressure (meaning, under exam conditions) and practice that skill of interpreting the question correctly. Be sure you are reading every question twice and highlighting the key bits of information as well! ;D

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 06:47:51 pm »
+4
Hi All,

I seem to be dropping 5 marks a paper due to making silly errors through not reading the question and not really analysing what i have to do

Anyone got any tips on how i can fix this

Thanks
Everyone makes careless errors you just need methods in which you can minimise them :)
For example during reading time (if you have it) read through the question properly (not skim-reading) and start thinking about the methods you will utilise whilst also thinking whether you have made a mistake on something like that before. Additionally know what mistakes you make under pressure, so take note of them so you are aware of it. Now during the test/exam the best way to minimise errors is to do a question twice, e.g. Completing once and then checking it with another method, if you get the answer the same with two independent methods you can be basically assured is correct (outside of notation errors and stuff like that).

Lachlan Morley

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: St Augustines College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 10:16:10 am »
ok great thanks for your help guys