Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:59:27 am

Author Topic: help: psychology units 3&4 without unit 1&2  (Read 1292 times)  Share 

lin1234

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
help: psychology units 3&4 without unit 1&2
« on: July 13, 2020, 04:09:36 pm »
Hi there, I am thinking about doing psychology units 3 and 4 next year (I will be in year 11) and I heard there is some content needed from units 1 and 2 however I will not be doing units 1 and 2. How do you think I should approach my study and will this affect my overall score because I don't know the knowledge from units 1&2? thanks.

wasabi

• Adventurer
  • armyhive⁷
  • Respect: +5
Re: help: psychology units 3&4 without unit 1&2
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 04:17:07 pm »
+6
Hey! Not doing units 1 and 2 won't put you at much of a disadvantage as topics covered are vastly different, however I'd recommend learning about the nervous system (the divisions and their functions) if you wanted a head start.

This is purely optional, as you go through it anyway.

A big recommendation would be to definitely learn about research methods, if you don't already know it from doing another science subject. This is largely part of the course and is assessble throughout the whole year. 

Hope this helps and good luck!
Class of '21
2020: Psychology, Legal Studies
2021: English, Further Maths, Business Management, Health and Human Development

lin1234

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 04:24:50 pm »
Hey! Not doing units 1 and 2 won't put you at much of a disadvantage as topics covered are vastly different, however I'd recommend learning about the nervous system (the divisions and their functions) if you wanted a head start.

This is purely optional, as you go through it anyway.

A big recommendation would be to definitely learn about research methods, if you don't already know it from doing another science subject. This is largely part of the course and is assessible throughout the whole year. 

Hope this helps and good luck!
Thank you so much.
I might inform myself about the research methods, however, what would you suggest to do when researching this. As well as this, if perhaps I didn't know that I had to know about research methods will it still be taught in units 3 and 4 ? (however of course since you have told me I will definitely investigate further on research methods).

wasabi

• Adventurer
  • armyhive⁷
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 07:57:51 pm »
+4
Thank you so much.
I might inform myself about the research methods, however, what would you suggest to do when researching this. As well as this, if perhaps I didn't know that I had to know about research methods will it still be taught in units 3 and 4 ? (however of course since you have told me I will definitely investigate further on research methods).

Take a look at the study design to see what you need to know. There's some great summary notes that you can find on this site itself (just go vce > free notes) that'll provide the information you need :-)

Your teacher should go over research methods (probably at the very start of the year), but it's always great to have some prior knowledge, especially because research methods is the most neglected but most important part of the course.

Good luck and have fun with psych !
Class of '21
2020: Psychology, Legal Studies
2021: English, Further Maths, Business Management, Health and Human Development