Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:50:54 am

Author Topic: Physics 3/4  (Read 2396 times)  Share 

jashaan

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Physics 3/4
« on: January 05, 2019, 09:15:55 pm »
Hey there!
According to you, what do you think is the hardest topic in physics 3/4? And are the checkpoint questions helpful? Are there are any other resources you used for physics practice questions? Thank youu!!

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
  • Respect: +775
Re: Physics 3/4
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 09:54:51 pm »
+6
Hey there!
According to you, what do you think is the hardest topic in physics 3/4? And are the checkpoint questions helpful? Are there are any other resources you used for physics practice questions? Thank you!!
I can't comment on what resources are helpfull as I haven't really had time to use them (I am only studying physics 3/4 this year), but I can say that I am using checkpoints and intend to get the ATAR notes books soon aswell.
As for the hardest topic, I have been told by my physics teacher and some students who did 3/4 this last year (still getting used to it being 2019) that waves and light were the hardest topics, especially since they are quite new ideas that aren't really covered in previous years. That being said, I do believe that the 'hardness' of topics will change from person to person as different people take interest in different areas of physics, and having an interest certainly makes things a whole lot easier to learn.
Hopefully, this helps and good luck to you this year in physics! (I assume you are studying it this year)
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

jashaan

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 04:14:50 pm »
+1
I can't comment on what resources are helpfull as I haven't really had time to use them (I am only studying physics 3/4 this year), but I can say that I am using checkpoints and intend to get the ATAR notes books soon aswell.
As for the hardest topic, I have been told by my physics teacher and some students who did 3/4 this last year (still getting used to it being 2019) that waves and light were the hardest topics, especially since they are quite new ideas that aren't really covered in previous years. That being said, I do believe that the 'hardness' of topics will change from person to person as different people take interest in different areas of physics, and having an interest certainly makes things a whole lot easier to learn.
Hopefully, this helps and good luck to you this year in physics! (I assume you are studying it this year)

Thanks for that! It did sort of give me an idea into what i need to watch out for:) good luck for physics 3/4!!

david.wang28

• MOTM: MAR 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Always do everything equanimously
  • Respect: +29
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 04:58:55 pm »
Hello,
May I please get a detailed answer for all of the questions please (even though I'm not from Vic)? Thank you! :)
Selection rank: 95.25

2020-2024: Bachelor of engineering and computer science @ UNSW

Nomi16

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 02:59:05 pm »
+1
Hey there!
According to you, what do you think is the hardest topic in physics 3/4? And are the checkpoint questions helpful? Are there are any other resources you used for physics practice questions? Thank youu!!

For me personally, Hardest topic to understand initially was the Relativity and Einstein's postulates. However our teacher amazingly came up with couple of extra curricular activities to help us better understanding that weird concept.
Other than relativity, Waves and Light might be difficult for anyone who can't really imagine something which is literally impossible to see in real life (Yes I'm talking about the waves).   
Biology (2017) - 35
Further Maths (2017) - 40
Methods (2018) - 36
Chemistry (2018) - 35
Physics (2018) - 40
English (2018) - 37

ATAR - 92.90

2019~2021 - Biomed @ UoM

jashaan

• Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 04:37:21 pm »
For me personally, Hardest topic to understand initially was the Relativity and Einstein's postulates. However our teacher amazingly came up with couple of extra curricular activities to help us better understanding that weird concept.
Other than relativity, Waves and Light might be difficult for anyone who can't really imagine something which is literally impossible to see in real life (Yes I'm talking about the waves).

Hi!
I just saw this. Coincedentally I am currently studying special relativity and i am struggling with it:(( what are some resources i could reach out to help me out??
thank you!!

Nomi16

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 09:50:31 pm »
Hi!
I just saw this. Coincedentally I am currently studying special relativity and i am struggling with it:(( what are some resources i could reach out to help me out??
thank you!!

Youtube! Seriously watch tons of videos as every video will tell you something new and it's just like putting the pieces of a puzzle together. You will have questions that will be answered in the comments section or in another video. Some of the channels I can recommend are: Khan Academy, Crash course (this one personally saved my ass for the SAC) and minutephysics.
I was never fond of reading and understanding physics off the book. And that's the reason why a lot of brilliant students will back off from choosing physics cause it's plain boring off the book. So bring creativity in the subject by lecturing yourself and then asking and answering your own questions. LoL at least that's what I did to make my self satisfied with the information I had.
Biology (2017) - 35
Further Maths (2017) - 40
Methods (2018) - 36
Chemistry (2018) - 35
Physics (2018) - 40
English (2018) - 37

ATAR - 92.90

2019~2021 - Biomed @ UoM