Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:27:24 am

Author Topic: Post Selective School Exam Discussion  (Read 24945 times)  Share 

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Post Selective School Exam Discussion
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2019, 11:12:26 am »
One of those tv stand things were right in front of me and I was so releived cause I thought they were gonna put the time on it. BUT THEY DIDNT AND I WAS SO PISSED! NOT EVEN A CLOCK OR ANYTHING SMH. Moreover, everytime the lady would say "15 minutes or 5 minutes" I would always jerk cause it would be dead silent. Also, it was so annoying how when one person coughs, another does and it goes like a chain.
Overall though Maths and Verbal were super hard for me :(
Reading was the easiest
Numerical was okay not too hard or too easy
Writing was shit. I really wanted it to be analytical. Although I felt my storyline was pretty good, I realised afterwards that I didnt have a problem. But it was quite an emotional story so I hope that would be enough ehhh.
tbh I think I did alright. I was so nervous. Now that the exam is over, idk what to do w my life now. What tf do i do w my free time now lmao????

MemeMaster

• Trailblazer
  • memes
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2019, 11:17:26 am »
One of those tv stand things were right in front of me and I was so releived cause I thought they were gonna put the time on it. BUT THEY DIDNT AND I WAS SO PISSED! NOT EVEN A CLOCK OR ANYTHING SMH.
Ikr literally every past test had a clock or something (I think) I don’t get why they didn’t do it this year
bork

someone5643

• Forum Regular
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2019, 11:48:34 am »
honestly numerical reasoning had more reading to it than reading comprehension

ciaosally

• Adventurer
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2019, 11:54:12 am »

Haha lol yeah that’s so true

Louis23

• Forum Regular
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2019, 11:55:18 am »
How did you guys go on math, what do you guys reckon the superior score would be based on what you have heard?

MemeMaster

• Trailblazer
  • memes
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2019, 11:56:16 am »
How did you guys go on math, what do you guys reckon the superior score would be based on what you have heard?
haha like 37 or something
I’m probably gonna get like 12
bork

Louis23

• Forum Regular
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2019, 11:58:18 am »
I thought the start was easy but just time consuming. I could only get through like 45 questions but i think i got like 40 of them right tho. Then i guessed all c's for the rest of the questions. Many have said the end questions were hard as.

ciaosally

• Adventurer
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2019, 12:58:06 pm »
haha like 37 or something
I’m probably gonna get like 12

same. my parents are going to kill me when they get my results.

academiicc

• Trailblazer
  • @notamiratho
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2019, 12:59:38 pm »
I thought the start was easy but just time consuming. I could only get through like 45 questions but i think i got like 40 of them right tho. Then i guessed all c's for the rest of the questions. Many have said the end questions were hard as.

i didn’t even see the end questions as i had no time and just did all c’s from question 42 lol. rip i reallyyyy flunked oof just hoping everybody else in my cohort did bad too
yr10:
yr11:
yr12:

ATAR goal: 95

academiicc

• Trailblazer
  • @notamiratho
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2019, 01:01:30 pm »
same. my parents are going to kill me when they get my results.

this^ and especially because i went to tuition in prep for the test and still didn’t do good. it’s all luck now bois
yr10:
yr11:
yr12:

ATAR goal: 95

ciaosally

• Adventurer
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2019, 01:05:27 pm »
i didn’t even see the end questions as i had no time and just did all c’s from question 42 lol. rip i reallyyyy flunked oof just hoping everybody else in my cohort did bad too

that’s what i did as well! damn, it’ll be a miracle if i actually get in. what schools are you trying out for?

pangushi

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2019, 01:07:27 pm »

that is actually so true

Tryhardkid!0!

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2019, 01:12:01 pm »
Hey guys I am trying out for Nossal next year, i am new to AN. From what i've read maths was probably the hardest.

Can u give me some topics that came up in the maths test?

And how was verbal reasoning? (Im soooo bad at this)

thx

CurryCid18

• Adventurer
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2019, 01:54:05 pm »
Hey fellow pursuers of greater knowledge(euphemism for nerd),

This is going to seem needy, but I really need somewhere to put out my frustrations. I’m usually smart at school and ace the tests.

And then the real thing. I really don’t know what happened, it wasn’t my day. I went from getting 47 right on my Henderson’s practice test to only answering 48 on the real one(managed to shade in the rest). Other than the English ones, I absolutely bombed out and I’m really dejected. I guessed 10 qs for all the papers other than Reading(which everyone finished) and the narrative(obviously).

What’s got me even more worried is that during the Verbal reasoning test, I had to guess a few at the end and went less than 3 secs over. The supervising teacher came and blasted at me and said “that will be noted.” Does anyone know what in the world she means by ‘noted’. I really feel like they’re actually going to disqualify me or at least take my Verbal Reasoning out of contention(which is a shame because I feel I did well on what I did answer.)

Once again, if you managed to read that entire thing, good on you and thanks for caring. For everyone who did the test, I wish you guys the very best and I hope you get in(considering it’s almost certain I won’t).

« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 02:04:44 pm by CurryCid18 »

The Progenitor

• Trailblazer
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2019, 01:57:19 pm »
+1
Hey guys I am trying out for Nossal next year, i am new to AN. From what i've read maths was probably the hardest.

Can u give me some topics that came up in the maths test?

And how was verbal reasoning? (Im soooo bad at this)

thx

Honestly, the maths wasn't the hardest imo. I think numerical reasoning was the clear winner in difficulty, but that could be because maths is my strongest subject. Verbal reasoning from my experience wasn't that hard, but definitely had many hard words, nothing unexpected there.

Maths had quite a lot of quadratics, especially graphing them and vertex form equations, weirdly they had some cubics in there (x^3) and some 'harder' trigonometry (more than just finding the equation). On the whole, just year 9 content with some year 10 content will cover you for maths.

If you want my opinion, I'd say it is probably more important to focus on english than maths. Apparently from what I've heard, MHS principal has been in favor of including way more cultural diversity into MHS, which probably means they will be increasing the difficulty of english and decreasing it in maths. You probably shouldn't take my word for truth, but keep it at the back of your head and also, english is definitely a lot more importance beyond the MHS exam (VCE and the future)