Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 21, 2024, 01:14:11 am

Author Topic: Finished trials...now what  (Read 1076 times)

bananna

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Finished trials...now what
« on: August 23, 2017, 10:34:57 pm »
Hi !

Just wondering what everyone is doing now that trials are pretty much over for most.

We haven't finished the elective topics in chem and bio, so I'll probably get ahead with that.

What do you guys recommend to do in this time just before grad?

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
Re: Finished trials...now what
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 10:40:36 pm »
+5
Hi !

Just wondering what everyone is doing now that trials are pretty much over for most.

We haven't finished the elective topics in chem and bio, so I'll probably get ahead with that.

What do you guys recommend to do in this time just before grad?

Just try make a competition out of doing past papers (ie. trying to beat your previous scores and stuff). If you've covered all the content this is definitely one I recommend. Also if you have all your trial papers back, recognise your weaknesses and try to gain a deeper understanding about the topics you struggled in :)
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

bananna

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 06:45:30 pm »
Just try make a competition out of doing past papers (ie. trying to beat your previous scores and stuff). If you've covered all the content this is definitely one I recommend. Also if you have all your trial papers back, recognise your weaknesses and try to gain a deeper understanding about the topics you struggled in :)

That's a great idea :D

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 08:35:42 pm »
+4
Hi, bananna!

With regards to the post-trial period, it's definitely normal to feel like not doing anything. Final major exam is done, all you want to do is sleep on your troubles (no? just me? ok lol). I recommend relaxing until you get your trial exams back. Doing studying and buckling down before receiving feedback is useless, because studying habits are derived from what was working and what needs to be changed. So, take the time to congratulate yourself on getting past the trial stage. At least until you get your results back.

When you do get it back, don't hesitate to ask your teachers for further confirmation to see the areas you need to change coming into the HSC. If you've received wonderful trial results, then that's great -- keep going. However, don't fret if you haven't. You still have plenty of time to get yourself back on track before the HSC. So, consult and use your teachers as much as possible. Ask questions. Become proactive with your results.

If you haven't already, now is the time to create a schedule for your plans throughout the week and stick with it. Prioritise time to yourself; spend more time to cater to your weaknesses, but don't neglect your stronger subjects.