Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:46:49 pm

Author Topic: Last Year of VCE: Will Elle take a big L?  (Read 21833 times)

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
Last Year of VCE: Will Elle take a big L?
« on: December 17, 2019, 10:31:55 pm »
+9
    I’m gonna start one these cause I wanna look back and see whether I was too ambitious or being realistic. I also wanna see how different I am after going through the scariness which is year 12. I also wanna share this with someone! (Sorry I know I talk way too much let me get to it)

In a nutshell I moved interstate so was unable to do a 3/4 this year as my school was terrible at explaining how vce worked. I stressed about this for so long as I’d like to get into dentistry (undergrad). Of course that requires a 99+ but I’d be okay going interstate or doing biomed first.

Next year I’m doing:
Methods 3/4 (eh, I scraped passes this yr)
English 3/4 (I love reading/writing but was unable to break 90% in my SACs in 1/2)
Psych 3/4 (haven’t done 1/2 so a little scared but not too afraid as have heard it’s “easy”- I understand nothing is really easy though if you are looking to do well.
Bio 3/4 (I kinda hate this subject only taking it as a pre req BUT I’ve gone over some material and come to the conclusion I only hated year 8 bio cause it was so basic, am excited to see how I’ll do in bio after a year off!) SUPER scared as I know bio is content heavy and even those who have done 1/2 struggle immensely
Chemistry 3/4 gives English a run for its money as my favourite subject! I’m a little scared I’ll stop liking it as rumour has it 3/4 is 65,000x harder than 1/2.....other than that excited!

Looking forward to sharing my final year of school with you guys! Even if nobody reads this I feel like it’ll be enjoyable :) I’ll update you guys just before school starts! Good luck to any other Class of 2020ers!

P.S congrats to year 11/12s on ur amazing 3/4 results!!!
[/list]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 10:36:27 pm by Coolgalbornin03Lo »
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

rkjthguakj

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +45
Re: Last Year of VCE: Will Elle take a big L?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 09:12:19 am »
Welcome!! So glad to hear from another Class of 2020 student!! I would also love to get a 45+ for English, but I could only dream, since it's like my worst subject. Anyways good luck for next year!!
2019: Business Management
2020: English | Methods | Economics | Legal Studies | Global Politics
2021: Bachelor of Commerce @ UniMelb
2022- 2024: Bachelor of Arts @ UniMelb | Diploma in Languages (Chinese)

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 09:33:57 am »
Hi! So lovely to see another 2020 student - like you, I love Chem too!

How are you feeling about next year?

Good luck!!

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 10:03:14 am »
    I’m gonna start one these cause I wanna look back and see whether I was too ambitious or being realistic. I also wanna see how different I am after going through the scariness which is year 12. I also wanna share this with someone! (Sorry I know I talk way too much let me get to it)

In a nutshell I moved interstate so was unable to do a 3/4 this year as my school was terrible at explaining how vce worked. I stressed about this for so long as I’d like to get into dentistry (undergrad). Of course that requires a 99+ but I’d be okay going interstate or doing biomed first.

Next year I’m doing:
Methods 3/4 (eh, I scraped passes this yr)
English 3/4 (I love reading/writing but was unable to break 90% in my SACs in 1/2)
Psych 3/4 (haven’t done 1/2 so a little scared but not too afraid as have heard it’s “easy”- I understand nothing is really easy though if you are looking to do well.
Bio 3/4 (I kinda hate this subject only taking it as a pre req BUT I’ve gone over some material and come to the conclusion I only hated year 8 bio cause it was so basic, am excited to see how I’ll do in bio after a year off!) SUPER scared as I know bio is content heavy and even those who have done 1/2 struggle immensely
Chemistry 3/4 gives English a run for its money as my favourite subject! I’m a little scared I’ll stop liking it as rumour has it 3/4 is 65,000x harder than 1/2.....other than that excited!

Looking forward to sharing my final year of school with you guys! Even if nobody reads this I feel like it’ll be enjoyable :) I’ll update you guys just before school starts! Good luck to any other Class of 2020ers!

P.S congrats to year 11/12s on ur amazing 3/4 results!!!
[/list]

So good to see another VCE Journal! Even better, it is someone in the 2020 gang ;D
Let's get that 99+ ATAR going and I am looking forward to seeing more of your journal soon! What do you think is your favourite and your least favourite subjects?

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 08:54:34 am »
Hi! So lovely to see another 2020 student - like you, I love Chem too!

How are you feeling about next year?

Good luck!!
Scared but also kind of excited (I know weird). I really enjoy all the subjects I’m doing next year which will be a change from this year. How are you feeling about it?
My avatar sums up life.
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 09:06:17 am »
+1
So good to see another VCE Journal! Even better, it is someone in the 2020 gang ;D
Let's get that 99+ ATAR going and I am looking forward to seeing more of your journal soon! What do you think is your favourite and your least favourite subjects?
Most: English or Chem
Although since I haven’t done bio or psych before that could change! And fuels looks so boring but apparently it’s all of unit 3  :P

Least: I don’t actually hate any of my subjects but if I had to, Methods. Simply because I put in way more effort than I do for any of my other subjects and trips much lower scores
My avatar sums up life.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 10:31:32 am »
Good luck for the coming year! Re: only doing 5 subjects - I wouldn't stress, you still have the ability to do incredibly well. I graduated a few years ago but I do remember that the dux from my year level only did 5 subjects :)

Do you have any plans for your holidays?

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 03:21:19 pm »
+2
Good luck for the coming year! Re: only doing 5 subjects - I wouldn't stress, you still have the ability to do incredibly well. I graduated a few years ago but I do remember that the dux from my year level only did 5 subjects :)

Do you have any plans for your holidays?
Just returned from a family holiday so just working and relaxing. Really keen to start learning material though! I’m trying my best to hold off, so I don’t burn out, but I want to make a small start now. Maybe next week isn’t too early to start?
My avatar sums up life.

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 04:07:51 pm »
+1
Just returned from a family holiday so just working and relaxing. Really keen to start learning material though! I’m trying my best to hold off, so I don’t burn out, but I want to make a small start now. Maybe next week isn’t too early to start?

Wow that sounds nice, just in Australia or overseas?

Next week is probably the perfect time to start learning content  ;)
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 05:38:30 pm »
+1
Most: English or Chem
Although since I haven’t done bio or psych before that could change! And fuels looks so boring but apparently it’s all of unit 3  :P

Least: I don’t actually hate any of my subjects but if I had to, Methods. Simply because I put in way more effort than I do for any of my other subjects and trips much lower scores

Hey Coolgal

That's pretty much the exact same with me, love chem and my least fav is methods.

Also, I've just started on fuels, I also thought it would be boring but guess I was wrong, the bits on biofuels interest me the most but yea I reckon you'll like it as well.

Really keen to start learning material though! I’m trying my best to hold off, so I don’t burn out, but I want to make a small start now. Maybe next week isn’t too early to start?

Wouldn't hurt to start, but you definitely don't need to go overboard during the holidays, after all even though this year is gonna fly, it is gonna be tiring so it's best to start with loads of energy in the beginning. 
Are you loaded with much holiday homework? Personally I don't have that much but I seriously have to revise for methods . . .  :P

Well hope your holidays have been great and relaxing so far, I'll stay tuned for your future updates.

:D
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 08:06:08 am »
+1
Wow that sounds nice, just in Australia or overseas?

Next week is probably the perfect time to start learning content  ;)
Yeah just in Australia. And yay I can’t wait to start learning! The only reason I thought it was too early is because I asked my Chem teacher the definition of a fuel (which would be the most concise and correct in a SAC) a few days ago over email and he said it’s this but make sure to take this time to rest etc etc. so I felt a bit bad after that. What do you have planned for the rest of the holidays?
My avatar sums up life.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2019, 08:10:36 am »
+3
Hey Coolgal

That's pretty much the exact same with me, love chem and my least fav is methods.

Also, I've just started on fuels, I also thought it would be boring but guess I was wrong, the bits on biofuels interest me the most but yea I reckon you'll like it as well.

Wouldn't hurt to start, but you definitely don't need to go overboard during the holidays, after all even though this year is gonna fly, it is gonna be tiring so it's best to start with loads of energy in the beginning. 
Are you loaded with much holiday homework? Personally I don't have that much but I seriously have to revise for methods . . .  :P

Well hope your holidays have been great and relaxing so far, I'll stay tuned for your future updates.

:D
Yeah the homework they’ve given us is (what I think) a lot! :
chapter 4 Methods
Chem- all of chapter 1 fuels+ edrolo + textbook questions and orientation sheet
Psych- orientation sheet + 2 worksheet booklets (thick)
English- just read book
Bio- all of chapter 1 questions and chapter 2 and orientation worksheet.
+ unit 1/2 of anything you didn’t understand in any subject :(

Haha I also discovered fuels aren’t that boring....apparently a fuel is a substance with stored chemical energy which can easily be released! Oh and I forgot to mention we have a Chem test on this stuff first day back!  :P
My avatar sums up life.

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2019, 08:24:49 am »
+2
Yeah just in Australia. And yay I can’t wait to start learning! The only reason I thought it was too early is because I asked my Chem teacher the definition of a fuel (which would be the most concise and correct in a SAC) a few days ago over email and he said it’s this but make sure to take this time to rest etc etc. so I felt a bit bad after that. What do you have planned for the rest of the holidays?

Cool! Not much planned for the rest of the holidays, training, homework and the sort. Good luck with getting it done, at least you have another month  ;)

chapter 4 Methods
English- just read book

Haha I also discovered fuels aren’t that boring....apparently a fuel is a substance with stored chemical energy which can easily be released! Oh and I forgot to mention we have a Chem test on this stuff first day back!  :P

Nice summary of your homework! What textbook are you using for chemistry?
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2019, 11:53:48 am »
+1
chapter 4 Methods
English- just read book

Yea same, I guess the chem test is a way to check that we actually did the holiday homework.

How u finding bio? In my opinion I find bio way more difficult than chem. But at the same time, bio content is pretty interesting but there is soo much to know it's quite intimidating. I recently purchased the biozone workbook, so hopefully, that helps throughout 2020.

2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2019, 01:41:55 pm »
Cool! Not much planned for the rest of the holidays, training, homework and the sort. Good luck with getting it done, at least you have another month  ;)

Nice summary of your homework! What textbook are you using for chemistry?
Hienneman 2- I found the unit 1/2 book very good as textbooks for most subjects are useless but this one is great for consolidating knowledge.
And if you don’t mind me asking, what are you training for? We might be training for the same thing....
My avatar sums up life.