Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:27:06 am

Author Topic: How to conquer post highschool boredom  (Read 6428 times)  Share 

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
Re: How to conquer post highschool boredom
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 07:58:44 pm »
+3
Any in particular you'd recommend? I've tried to learn a language before but always get stuck at the point where I've learned the basics, yet there seems a huge gap to the 'harder stuff' and no real middle ground.

I'd reccomend code academy. I used it to lean basic HTML and CSS and started learning JavaScript to code my ITM major project website from scratch. It walks you through activities and let's you solve problems so you get to learn the theory, the syntax and practically apply it in each step.
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 06:56:38 am »
+1
I'd reccomend code academy. I used it to lean basic HTML and CSS and started learning JavaScript to code my ITM major project website from scratch. It walks you through activities and let's you solve problems so you get to learn the theory, the syntax and practically apply it in each step.

Another bonus is that it has a forum attached so it's easy to find solutions to any difficulties. 
It has a pretty good progression you can follow eg. Make a website with html and css, then use javascript to make it interactive. 
(However I last used it 4 years ago so it may have changed since then)

I'm not an expert but I'd strongly recommend trying out multiple sites/methods and seeing which works best for you. 

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 03:30:21 pm »
It's been implied already in some of the earlier posts but learning a musical instrument was another thing I did. Also if you're motivated you could learn another language.

BInge watch stuff is always a good idea.
I feel personally victimised by this :(

I'll get it once the boredom kicks in...
Not soz.