Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 06:36:52 pm

Author Topic: Gratitude thread  (Read 11737 times)  Share 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Gratitude thread
« on: August 04, 2017, 07:10:37 pm »
+14
Had a shit day. But also just had a conversation that brightened my evening considerably. Entirely altruistic on the other person's behalf. They didn't have to. I'm sure it wasn't overly pleasant for them.

Just wanted to express somewhere, somehow, my deep appreciation for them and their friendship.

Use this thread to express gratitude on a day-to-day basis. It's too easy to get bogged down in the negativity of the world.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
Re: Gratitude thread
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 07:20:05 pm »
+15
Lovely thread idea.

It may seem small, but I'm very grateful for the elderly gentleman in the waiting room at the medical clinic for telling me jokes to pass the time. Is there a greater feeling than making a stranger laugh and smile? I think not.
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 08:10:00 pm »
+15
This is a nice idea.
So, I had a year 12 creative arts cocktail night yesterday at school which is a night for all the music,drama and dance kids to perform and all the VA major works are up in the hall. After I had performed, I got of the stage incredibly critical of what I had done, noticing all the flaws in my piece thinking that I had done a terrible job. It probably wasn't that bad but at that time, I knew it wasn't the best I had played the piece. However, I had a few people come up to me last night and today to complimentme on it. They didn't have to tell me that my notes gave them goosebumps or surprised them because they didn't realise I was 'that' good. At the moment, I'm really thankful for people taking their time to say 'well done'. :)
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 08:13:24 pm »
+6
This is a nice idea.
So, I had a year 12 creative arts cocktail night yesterday at school which is a night for all the music,drama and dance kids to perform and all the VA major works are up in the hall. After I had performed, I got of the stage incredibly critical of what I had done, noticing all the flaws in my piece thinking that I had done a terrible job. It probably wasn't that bad but at that time, I knew it wasn't the best I had played the piece. However, I had a few people come up to me last night and today to complimentme on it. They didn't have to tell me that my notes gave them goosebumps or surprised them because they didn't realise I was 'that' good. At the moment, I'm really thankful for people taking their time to say 'well done'. :)

Obviously didn't hear the piece, but nice work! Sounds like you did a great job. :)

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 10:33:57 pm »
+12
Really like this thread! :)
Just wanted to add in that I want to express my gratitude for my art teacher. She's been giving me advice on how to handle my stress levels during trials and has been giving me reassurance that everything was going to be alright. I even went to her staff room yesterday and laid on the floor for 30 minutes before my maths exam because I was so stressed! My art teacher (and the other art teachers) just kept comforting me and kept telling me that I will be fine and gave me support that I definitely needed during this stressful time. Thought that was really sweet of them to pause their work for a minute and say such positive things. Really nice to see teachers who go beyond teaching their students in the classroom and get to know their students on a personal level and help them with problems.
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 09:59:36 pm »
+10
A very close friend just sent me a very lovely message at a very needed time.

People aren't so bad.

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 06:44:44 pm »
+13
I was standing at the bus stop the other day reading and this guy walked up and sat down next to me. After about a minute he said:
Sorry love, has the *insert bus number* come yet, love?
I said it had:
Thanks, love.
After about a minute he said:
Really, love, thank you.
Then he waved and walked away.
I don't know, it's not even really that special or momentous but he was so ridiculously, insanely nice, and the fact that I was surprised at how nice he was really says something about the world today. So I'm grateful for those genuinely lovely, kind people out there, because you give me faith in humanity.
2020 VCE
English [raw 50 + 60/60 exam score]
Literature [48]

Offering 2021 English and Literature tutoring + resources!

Calebark

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 03:26:37 pm »
+8
I just received a very touching message from a person -- due to circumstances outside our control -- I thought I'd never hear from again.

Made my day.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 03:27:29 pm »
+6
I just received a very touching message from a person -- due to circumstances outside our control -- I thought I'd never hear from again.

Made my day.

Really great to hear!

Thanks for sharing. :)

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 04:23:36 pm »
+12
Really grateful for one of my library teachers who is really amazing and nice and great to talk to. She lets a group of us sit in her office area at lunchtimes sometimes and we play really competitive games of Uno and stuff.
Today, before my exam in the afternoon, she let me watch a movie and work on one of her computers. :)
Also, grateful for my music teacher, who gave us freddos after our aural exam (the little things matter!) and who is incredibly nice and helpful. :)
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

rocksonchan

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 04:49:42 pm »
+10
Thank God for ATAR Notes <3

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 11:49:27 am »
+11
Just like many others, I would like to express my gratitude for ATARNotes. Everything about ATARNotes is awesome. It is safe, great to express thoughts, help others. The forums are absolutely incredible, and the notes! Writing posts teaches you basic code. I am super grateful for this wonderful community, and the amazing people in it. Lately I have been trying to decide on a career path, and I was thinking, "How fun would it be to work for ATARNotes?"

tl;dr: ATARNotes is a legend.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 11:51:30 am by lm21074 »
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

Calebark

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 06:31:34 pm »
+14
I am grateful to whoever lives two houses away, because their singing + piano playing at 2pm today really lightened my day. I hope they know their singing brings joy even when they're just singing for themself

Lavar Big BBB Balls

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 08:54:09 pm »
+5
Father, Praise You for friendship and family! Thank You for bringing us together today to share a meal. The people in our lives bring us such joy, and we are grateful for time spent in fellowship together. Help us use this time to bond closer as a group, and learn to love each other more. Bless our appetites, both physical and spiritual, to honor You in all we do. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Erstwhile

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +36
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 09:16:53 pm »
+6
I am grateful to whoever is taking their time to read my post. It really shows that you care <3
#nerdlife 2019