Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:01:57 pm

Author Topic: Entertainment Industry VET Resources/Notes  (Read 4518 times)

bizzychoco

• Fresh Poster
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
  • Respect: +1
Entertainment Industry VET Resources/Notes
« on: October 31, 2018, 08:09:37 pm »
Hey everyone,

Despite being a relatively simple course, Entertainment is still very content demanding and finding resources is becoming difficult. If anyone who has studied, or currently studying Entertainment knows of any good general resources or for the specific focus areas of vision, audio, staging, whs, working in the industry and lighting, that'd be fantastic.

Cheers
Y11:
Music 1

Y12:
Eng Adv. | Eng Ext. 1 | Mathematics | Biology | Entertainment Industry VET | Studies of Religion 1

Super Mario Galaxy Switch Collection when Nintendo?

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
Re: Entertainment Industry VET Resources/Notes
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 08:31:35 am »
Hey everyone,

Despite being a relatively simple course, Entertainment is still very content demanding and finding resources is becoming difficult. If anyone who has studied, or currently studying Entertainment knows of any good general resources or for the specific focus areas of vision, audio, staging, whs, working in the industry and lighting, that'd be fantastic.

Cheers

Hello!

So sorry that there aren't any notes on Entertainment Industry here as it is a very niche course. Hopefully someone can upload some in the future! I tried looking up on google but all I got were notes you had to pay for :( Edit: These are the notes I speak of, you can have a little preview of a couple of pages then you have to pay for the rest!

However, I might know a thing or two about this subject since I study film at uni. What specific things did you want about vision, audio, staging, etc.? I'll try my best to answer your questions :)
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

bizzychoco

• Fresh Poster
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 06:03:55 pm »
However, I might know a thing or two about this subject since I study film at uni. What specific things did you want about vision, audio, staging, etc.? I'll try my best to answer your questions :)

Currently, I use the HSC Entertainment Mind Maps available on NESA (http://www.educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/portal/nesa/11-12/stage-6-learning-areas/vet/entertainment-industry-syllabus) to start off and from there I just use miscellaneous internet websites to cover these dot points. Right now I don't have any questions but regarding our current topic; vision, I'd appreciate it if you could give me some general notes regarding the operation of vision mixers such as Blackmagicdesign.

Cheers!
Y11:
Music 1

Y12:
Eng Adv. | Eng Ext. 1 | Mathematics | Biology | Entertainment Industry VET | Studies of Religion 1

Super Mario Galaxy Switch Collection when Nintendo?

jessred

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 05:50:00 pm »
Hey! Yes, I had the same feeling when I was doing the HSC. Entertainment was one of those subjects where there wasn't many resources. I've found this seller on Gumtree who has done the Safety unit though that's very cheap: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/concord-west/textbooks/hsc-study-notes-all-vet-subjects-safety-unit-entertainment-etc/1255000060

Unfortunately, wish she made more on the other units - but I actually love the layout & one unit of notes is heaps better than nothing.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 05:53:27 pm by jessred »