Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:29:58 pm

Author Topic: Fed or Deakin uni?  (Read 630 times)  Share 

Pyromania

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Berwick Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Fed or Deakin uni?
« on: February 07, 2017, 04:57:05 pm »
Hi guys! I got offered to do the bachelor of teaching(primary) at fed uni in the first offer round, I put fed uni as my preference bc of having this false thought that I would most likely be accepted into it due to my low ATAR and put Deakin as my second preference. I highly doubted that I would get offered to study at Deakin at all. So today 2nd round offers were released, and I got offered to study at Deakin and I was extremely happy about that! Now the thing is that I can't decide which uni I want to go with; fed or Deakin. I know Deakin has a great reputation, it's popular and has an amazing staff. Now fed uni is really close to where I live, only 15mins on bus. Whereas Deakin is about 1hr and 15mins from my house using public transport. I don't mind travelling, I just don't want to make a bad decision. I was reading about fed unis's reviews and they didn't seem quite pleasing. So I am really not sure..please help me out! Also I would like to get some advice from current students studying at Deakin, how has your experience been thus far?

Thanks =)

Glasses

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Disclaimer: I wear contact lenses now.
  • Respect: +186
Re: Fed or Deakin uni?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 05:04:57 pm »
Hi guys! I got offered to do the bachelor of teaching(primary) at fed uni in the first offer round, I put fed uni as my preference bc of having this false thought that I would most likely be accepted into it due to my low ATAR and put Deakin as my second preference. I highly doubted that I would get offered to study at Deakin at all. So today 2nd round offers were released, and I got offered to study at Deakin and I was extremely happy about that! Now the thing is that I can't decide which uni I want to go with; fed or Deakin. I know Deakin has a great reputation, it's popular and has an amazing staff. Now fed uni is really close to where I live, only 15mins on bus. Whereas Deakin is about 1hr and 15mins from my house using public transport. I don't mind travelling, I just don't want to make a bad decision. I was reading about fed unis's reviews and they didn't seem quite pleasing. So I am really not sure..please help me out! Also I would like to get some advice from current students studying at Deakin, how has your experience been thus far?

Thanks =)

If you don't mind the travelling, I'd say Deakin just because I've heard quite good things about Deakin in general, as well as their education courses. I don't know a great deal about Federation (other than where it is), but one could argue that your employment opportunities would be increased if you went to Deakin. But like I said, I don't know a heap about Fed Uni so I can't comment on the quality of its courses and the university in general, but I have heard positive things about Deakin.
2015 - 2016 (VCE): Psychology, Religion & Society, Legal Studies, Business Management, Literature and English
2017 - Present: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Arts (Criminology & Psychology) @ Monash University

Aug 2016 - Sep 2018: VIC State Moderator