National Education > General National Education Discussion

I received a 99+ ATAR and a perfect GPA - ask me anything.

(1/44) > >>

Joseph41:
This thread is now continuing on our new discussions section. You can find this specific AMA discussion here - looking forward to seeing you there and answering more questions!

→ Go straight to questions from 2018→ Go straight to questions from 2019→ Go straight to questions from 2020→ Go straight to questions from 2021
Hey all! I'm holding an "Ask Me Anything" sort of deal in this thread. Basically how it works is, you ask whatever you want, and I answer it in as much detail as I can!

You can ask me about anything, from study techniques, to uni experiences, to favourite characters on Married at First Sight. Basically, whatever comes to mind (within reason), so long as it adheres to the ATAR Notes rules. ;)

Some things you might like to know about me:
* I graduated in 2012 with an ATAR of 99.65
* I then studied a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) for four years, and achieved a High Distinction in every unit I studied
* I now work at ATAR Notes!

I enjoy footy and cricket, cats and dogs, Rubik's cubing, travelling, and decaffeinated coffee. Five of my six subjects scaled down (and the sixth scaled up almost negligibly). I've relatively recently re-watched the entire 2004 and 2005 series of Big Brother (this is a big thing to admit this - I'm not sure why I am hahaha).

Whatever it is you want to know, I'm here to try my best to answer it!

RuiAce:
How do you keep your coffee consumption under control? (Assuming you did eventually :P)

Calebark:
You're such a jolly presence on the forums. What's your favourite joke?

Joseph41:

--- Quote from: RuiAce on March 22, 2018, 12:39:56 pm ---How do you keep your coffee consumption under control? (Assuming you did eventually :P)

--- End quote ---

I don't, really - I just moved to decaf. I still have a large (decaf) coffee every day. I honestly think the effects were largely placebo for me - as soon as I'm holding a coffee (even if I know it's decaf), I feel a bit better.

It was getting to a pretty ridiculous point where I was really needing coffee in the morning to function properly, and that's obviously not a good thing at all. I also had this underlying anxiety, which was affecting me. Since changing over to decaf, which was a couple of months ago, that dependency has gone. I feel now like I could easily go without coffee entirely - I just enjoy having it now.

I also drink more tea now.

It's one of those things, though, which is bit-by-bit. If you want to reduce your caffeine intake, you can - and the hardest part is practically always starting.

--- Quote from: Calebark on March 22, 2018, 12:47:01 pm ---You're such a jolly presence on the forums. What's your favourite joke?

--- End quote ---

My favourite joke? I have one, but it's better delivered in-person/via video form. If you're lucky, I'll upload a version of it later on in this thread. ;) But for now, here's a banger:

Q. Why did the teacher wear sunglasses?
SpoilerBecause their students were so bright.
All-time classic.

beatroot:
Since you mentioned it, who are your favourite people on Married at First Sight? Thoughts on the """"final twist"""" in last night's episode ;)
Any tips on how to look past the 'clique' culture at university? As someone who's also doing a bachelor in arts, I find this to be a problem in my uni life at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version