Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:29:06 am

Author Topic: bluebearie's journey through vce ᵔᴥᵔ  (Read 4268 times)

bluebearie

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +15
bluebearie's journey through vce ᵔᴥᵔ
« on: March 16, 2021, 09:49:51 pm »
+14
G'day everyone!

Welcome to bluebearie's vce journal! I wanted to start this journal to look back on, and to track my progress throughout the next 3 years.

This semester I am doing one 1/2 subject, Health and Human Development. I'm really enjoying it so far. My other subjects are Standard Maths, English, Biology, Science, Phys Ed, Humanities and Religion. Next semester instead of Biology and Science, I'll be completing Chemistry and Energy breakthrough!

Maths has always been a tough subject for me, so I'm going the extra mile to make sure I can do as best as I can this year. I'm really enjoying the content in Biology, though I'm not a big fan of my teacher's teaching style. It's usually just taking notes from a slideshow, but I really enjoy the pracs. HHD is by far my favourite subject this year! I love the content that we cover, and my class and teacher are super interesting and engaging. I have my first SAC on Friday, which I'm really looking forward to. English on the other hand has been...intersting. Usually, I am really confident about English, but we've started analysing arguments, and I can't quite seem to wrap my head around it.

A little bit about me, I live in SE Melbourne. At school, I'm on the debating team and the cricket team (opening batsman & fast bowler wooo). I work at an indoor sports centre, as a party host and as ...you guessed it, an indoor cricket umpire. Outside of school, I like to listen to music, particularly Fall Out Boy, watch sports (mainly cricket and AFL), and browse ATARnotes. I will try to update as much as possible. I hope you guys can watch me grow as a person, as I take you through the up's and down's of grades, subject selections, thoughts, course preferences and hopefully take you through university too! Please feel free to give any advice or ask any questions :))

~ bluebearie ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 06:45:04 pm by bluebearie »
class of '23

eng, hhd, chem, bio, tt, fm, vet: health services assistance

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
Re: bluebearie's journey through vce ᵔᴥᵔ
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 09:13:25 am »
+5
Hi bluebearie! My only piece of advice is keep balanced - school, life, subjects, etc.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 07:18:03 pm »
+4
Hey bluebearie!  :D

It's really good that you're aware of your math ability and are looking to improve on it - with that attitude, I'm sure you can smash out those goals.

Listening to you talk about HHD is making me wish I did HHD back in VCE haha.

It looks like you're a part of many extracurriculars which is great! It's good to be doing things outside of school as well as it helps you have that balance between school and other stuff (:

Do you have an idea of what you want to do career wise?

I love watching sports too - mainly the Olympics  + Commonwealth Games - I really hope the Olympics happens this year!

Looking forward to following along on your journey and am eager for the next update!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 07:23:38 pm by Evolio »

fun_jirachi

• MOTM: AUG 18
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • All doom and Gloom.
  • Respect: +710
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 07:54:57 pm »
+1
A person who's actually good at cricket!!! (an anomaly given one of my best mates used to bat 9, not bowl, was sluggish in the field, and was chosen primarily for banter :D).

Favourite FOB song? Any other bands/artists you like?

I'm really enjoying the content in Biology, though I'm not a big fan of my teacher's teaching style. It's usually just taking notes from a slideshow, but I really enjoy the pracs.

I used to have a teacher like this, albeit not in my final years of school - if your teacher is open to criticism, let them know! While any subject is doable if you enjoy the content (regardless of any other mitigating factors), it's an added bonus to have a great teacher!

Keen to read more updates :D
Spoiler
HSC 2018: Mod Hist [88] | 2U Maths [98]
HSC 2019: Physics [92] | Chemistry [93] | English Adv [87] | 3U Maths [98] | 4U Maths [97]
ATAR: 99.05

UCAT: 3310 - VR [740] | DM [890] | QR [880] | AR [800]
Guide Links:
Subject Acceleration (2018)
UCAT Question Compilation/FAQ (2020)
Asking good questions

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 09:21:06 pm »
+3

Glad to hear you're enjoying bio! (I might be slightly biased)

Do you have a preference for first/ second/third speaker in debating?

fun fact: I first learnt about fob from my nana listening to them [the album with the teddy bear cover on it I think???] (clearly I'm peak cool).

bluebearie

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 11:28:41 pm »
+4
G'day everyone!

Replying to The Cat In The Hat
Spoiler
Hi bluebearie! My only piece of advice is keep balanced - school, life, subjects, etc.
Thank you for the advice! I feel like I'm talking to ATARnotes royalty LOL. I found it balance life again after COVID, cause ya know...there was nothing to balance last year for me, but I'm slowly easing into things, and getting better at time management!

Replying to Evolio
Spoiler
Hey bluebearie!  :D

It's really good that you're aware of your math ability and are looking to improve on it - with that attitude, I'm sure you can smash out those goals.

Listening to you talk about HHD is making me wish I did HHD back in VCE haha.

It looks like you're a part of many extracurriculars which is great! It's good to be doing things outside of school as well as it helps you have that balance between school and other stuff (:

Do you have an idea of what you want to do career wise?

I love watching sports too - mainly the Olympics  + Commonwealth Games - I really hope the Olympics happens this year!

Looking forward to following along on your journey and am eager for the next update!
Thank you so much, Evolio! Maths...is hard work, but I'm getting there. I LOVE the idea of becoming a paediatric nurse or a midwife! I absolutely adore little kids and babies, but I would also love to guide mothers through such a stressful, yet exciting time. Though, if I find out the hospital setting isn't for me, I'd like to become a primary school teacher! I'm looking forward to the Olympics too! Also looking forward to the new AFL season (go hawks woooooo)

Replying to fun_jirachi
Spoiler
A person who's actually good at cricket!!! (an anomaly given one of my best mates used to bat 9, not bowl, was sluggish in the field, and was chosen primarily for banter :D).

Favourite FOB song? Any other bands/artists you like?

I used to have a teacher like this, albeit not in my final years of school - if your teacher is open to criticism, let them know! While any subject is doable if you enjoy the content (regardless of any other mitigating factors), it's an added bonus to have a great teacher!

Keen to read more updates :D
Hey fun_jirachi! Gotta love banter, keeps cricket exciting. FOB has an amazing discography. I Don't Care and Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet, tie for first place, but My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark is definitely my hype song! Also a huge fan of Destiny's Child and Jimmy Barnes...a weird mix of music haha.

Replying to Bri MT
Spoiler
Glad to hear you're enjoying bio! (I might be slightly biased)

Do you have a preference for first/ second/third speaker in debating?

fun fact: I first learnt about fob from my nana listening to them [the album with the teddy bear cover on it I think???] (clearly I'm peak cool).
G'day Bri! I definitely prefer First Speaker. I've been Second Speaker a few times and damn am I bad at rebuttals LOL. Were you on debate too? I think the album you're talking about is Folie à Deux, which is by far my favourite album! You have a cool nan 8)

~ bluebearie ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 11:47:50 pm by bluebearie »
class of '23

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 12:27:20 pm »
+2
G'day everyone!

Replying to The Cat In The Hat
Spoiler
Thank you for the advice! I feel like I'm talking to ATARnotes royalty LOL. I found it balance life again after COVID, cause ya know...there was nothing to balance last year for me, but I'm slowly easing into things, and getting better at time management!

Replying to Evolio
Spoiler
Thank you so much, Evolio! Maths...is hard work, but I'm getting there. I LOVE the idea of becoming a paediatric nurse or a midwife! I absolutely adore little kids and babies, but I would also love to guide mothers through such a stressful, yet exciting time. Though, if I find out the hospital setting isn't for me, I'd like to become a primary school teacher! I'm looking forward to the Olympics too! Also looking forward to the new AFL season (go hawks woooooo)

Replying to fun_jirachi
Spoiler
Hey fun_jirachi! Gotta love banter, keeps cricket exciting. FOB has an amazing discography. I Don't Care and Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet, tie for first place, but My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark is definitely my hype song! Also a huge fan of Destiny's Child and Jimmy Barnes...a weird mix of music haha.

Replying to Bri MT
Spoiler
G'day Bri! I definitely prefer First Speaker. I've been Second Speaker a few times and damn am I bad at rebuttals LOL. Were you on debate too? I think the album you're talking about is Folie à Deux, which is by far my favourite album! You have a cool nan 8)

~ bluebearie ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Yep, I stalker'd and saw your reply to Evolio. If you're wanting to become a nurse or a midwife, you might want to look at my uni journal, as I'm doing my first year of Bachelor of Nursing/Midwifery at Deakin. Though obviously no compulsion. :D
(Disclaimer: stalker'd is not a word, don't use it in English!) ;)
VCE 20
ATAR 85
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

she/her

bluebearie

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 10:28:03 am »
+6
G'day everyone!

It's been a hectic week for me, so buckle up for a wild ride, lads :)

English
Spoiler
We've just finished our AA unit. I really wish I could say that I enjoyed it, because the content was really interesting, but oh my did this unit bring me so many tears and so much suffering. I did my practice analysis last week, and I got 80% which I'm super proud of wooooo. I thought I had really underperformed, but the feedback that I received for it was a HUGE confidence booster. Yesterday was my actual analysis. I walked in so confident, told myself that if I just stuck to what I did in the practice one, I would do fine. Pain. The article that we analysed so hard. I ended up with a decent intro, 2 ehh body paragraphs, and half a conclusion. All I can do now is pray. We'll be studying To Kill A Mockingbird next, which I'm really looking forward to. It's probably the best book that has been on the booklist so far.

HHD
Spoiler
I finished AOS 1 around two weeks ago now. I LOVED it so much. I also sat my SAC not too long ago. The days leading up to it were hectic. I spent so much time writing notes, using flashcards, teaching my mates the content. I was super confident about it and I walked out really happy with my performance. I'm pretty content with my grade, but wish I hadn't made so many 'oops errors', as my teachers call them. I got 86%, which I'm stoked with, but ya know I would have loved to crack that 90%. We've moved onto nutrition now, which I love even more! There's a lot of interesting content to remember, but I don't really mind it. We've done a few case studies which I really enjoy. They really get me to think and test my knowledge. I have an interview with my teacher today, so I hope I can get some feedback on my progress!

Maths
Spoiler
Maths, suprisingly, hasn't been too bad. It's probably one of my chill classes, and I'm actually starting to enjoy it. I sat my linear relations test and I got 75%, which is a massive improvement from last year. We've moved onto trigonometry now. I feel like I'm starting to understand concepts, and things are finally starting to click.

Religion
Spoiler
I'm actually enjoying RE this year. Wayyyy better that last year. My teacher is really funny and relaxed, and seems like she genuinely enjoys teaching us. I just finished my RE assessment on cosmological questions. I created a journal, reflecting on the questions that we were given to answer. I put hours and hours of work into my drawings, so I really hope I get a good grade for this hahah.

PE
Spoiler
I had my PE lesson for the term, which I'm really sad about. We were promised fun games that day, but we were lied to. Instead, we did *dramatic pause for suspense* the b e e p t e s t. I feel betrayed right now. All jokes aside, I did alright on it - I got 6.1. Really wish we did something fun though :(

Outside of school
Spoiler
My cricket team placed 3rd place. Very proud of our performance, but the other schools were just amazing. Think I might have to visit the physio though. I think I've hurt my leg pretty bad. It's been a tough work week for me. All of my shifts are scheduled between 4pm/6pm - 8pm/10pm, so I come home pretty late. Luckily I only work 3 days a week, and it's only a few minutes walk away. I've been trying to get back to learning songs on the piano. It's been a long, long time since I've touched it. Currently learning Love Song by Lana del Rey. I'm going to the G' next Monday to watch the Hawks play. Super, super stoked! I just turned 15 a week ago, so I've just missed out on the cut-off age for cheap tickets LOL

~ bluebearie ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 10:15:29 pm by bluebearie »
class of '23

bluebearie

• Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2021, 04:05:09 pm »
+4
G'day everyone!

it's been uh a hot minute since i've touched this journal. oopsies :))

i had a pretty fun term 2 break. i spent a lot of time playing resident evil and plague inc. i was meant to work as a first aider at a few footy matches, but covid sadly cancelled the matches and i didn't get a chance to see baz smith or pat lipinksi in person HAHA ;-; 

hhd has been great as always. my unit 1 exam was pretty fun. a lot of the questions came from the textbook. i struggled a bit with the data analysis questions, but i ended up receiving a 96% on it so i'm really happy! we've moved onto stages of the lifespan, which i'm really enjoying so far and there's not too much to remember this time.

general maths is probably my second favourite subject after hhd. i've never really been mathematically inclined, but i have a really good teacher. he's carried me this whole year. our exam was a little hard. even though we'd already seen some of the questions, the application questions really messed with my head a little. i ended up with a 86 on the exam, which i'm really really shocked and amazed by.

i recently submitted my subject selection form, and i'm not sure i'm entirely happy with what i chose;

english 1/2
texts and traditions (unit 1)
hhd 3/4
general maths 1/2
biology 1/2
p.e 1/2
psychology 1/2

i'm very passionate about all of my subjects, but i'm a bit iffy about psychology. originally i wanted to go with physics or global politics. i didn't choose physics as an elective this year, so i thought i might struggle a bit next year, and i'm not the biggest fan of the glopol teacher. i wish there was more than one teacher, but unfortunately she's the only one who teaches the subject. i've heard my mates complain a fair bit about psych, so i'm a bit nervous. i still intend to go into midwifery/nursing/primary school teaching, so i think my subjects fit pretty well with that.

~ bluebearie ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

class of '23

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2021, 10:28:41 pm »
+1
...you're doing Texts??
I did Texts 3/4 last year (book of Luke). D'you intend to keep up Texts to 3/4?
Anyway, happy to help with that if you've got any questions, and of course I'm still doing my course and willing to blather on about that too. :)
VCE 20
ATAR 85
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

she/her

bluebearie

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2021, 11:28:23 am »
+5
G'day everyone!

Spoiler
...you're doing Texts??
I did Texts 3/4 last year (book of Luke). D'you intend to keep up Texts to 3/4?
Anyway, happy to help with that if you've got any questions, and of course I'm still doing my course and willing to blather on about that too. :)

mhm! not too keen on it but that's part of going to a catholic school. i was planning on doing school based religion in yr 12, as it's more hands on, and we'll do a lot of charity work and volunteering! thank you so much <33

we've had a bit of a shake up in vce subjects:

eng 1/2, hhd 3/4, bio 1/2, general 1/2, p.e 1/2 AND vet: health services assistance

very keen on hsa, but i'm worried about the distance and how i'm going to get to chisholm. i live a solid 1 hour train ride from there :// i'm just happy to be doing a subject that i love! anyone else heading to chisholm next year?

hhd is doing great! there's so much more content this unit, than the last. i'm still loving it, just more of an inconvenience now. our last sac was on the stages of development from youth to adulthood. i'm so amazed that i got a 97 on it! it was the hardest sac i've ever done, so i'm really proud of myself. we've moved onto medicare, which i find a bit boring.

philosophy is a BIG pain. i'm not too great at writing, though the concepts are pretty fun. we're learning about human rights. i'm writing my human rights essay on the male gaze, which i find really interesting.

i'm really glad that restrictions are starting to ease! i don't wanna waste my melbourne stars membership ;-; very proud of the doggies for making it to the final though! membership was kinda wasted as i went to one game i think.

not too much of an update. thank you for reading! <33

~ bluebearie ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 02:18:52 pm by bluebearie »
class of '23