Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:58:02 am

Author Topic: How does December round works?  (Read 744 times)  Share 

punksaint

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
How does December round works?
« on: December 15, 2019, 12:54:50 pm »
So, as VTAC said, some courses gonna take part in Dec round and all courses will take part in Jan 1st round. So if my 1st preference take part in Dec round and my ATAR is higher than the ATAR requirement list on uni's website, it's still possible for me to not receive the offer at Dec round?

Also, is the ATAR requirement listed on uni's website is the clear-in ATAR? If the ATAR is 96.90 but my ATAR is 96.95, do I still have risk to not receive offer from this course?

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: How does December round works?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 02:01:13 pm »
+2
So if my 1st preference take part in Dec round and my ATAR is higher than the ATAR requirement list on uni's website, it's still possible for me to not receive the offer at Dec round?
Yes, but it's usually due to high demand or missing a requirement that you wouldn't be able to get a spot. However, this is unlikely and there's a high chance you'll get a December round offer if you know that your Preference #1 is giving offers in the December rounds and you've fulfilled all the requirements.

Also, is the ATAR requirement listed on uni's website is the clear-in ATAR?
Kind of yes, but it's subject to change each year according to demand and spots available and is thus an educated guess based on previous years' stats (where available). In many courses involving only ATAR (and subject prerequisites) as entry criteria, the selection rank doesn't change too wildly, give or take a few ATAR points either way. By the way, clearly-in ATAR is an old term and the current term is now "selection rank", which demonstrates that SEAS and other adjustments can and will be involved in deciding whether students are given offers.

If the ATAR is 96.90 but my ATAR is 96.95, do I still have risk to not receive offer from this course?
Yes, as I stated before, it's subject to demand and spots the institute has to offer, but I think you're in a good spot to receive an offer.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread