Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 07:57:50 pm

Author Topic: Muck-up Day!  (Read 4720 times)  Share 

tomatosauce

• Forum Obsessive
  • Masters degree in Procrastination
  • Respect: +115
Muck-up Day!
« on: October 10, 2018, 09:27:50 pm »
+3
So... almost the end of school for lots of people on here... there's exams, SACs, ATARs... basically just heaps of stress :-\ I may only be year 10 but muck-up day is fun for all of us every year! (who wouldn't love a chance to get a bit of revenge on the teachers?)  ;) :P It's that time of year when you catch the year 12s secretly whispering away - plotting and planning all sorts of devilish pranks! ;) So... for the leavers... what ideas have you got? for those who've finished school what did you do... and what reaction did you get? for everyone... what kind of pranks or practical jokes do you enjoy? Here's a spot to share your ideas... as evil as they may be!  ;D
Someone told me to grow up yesterday. I immediately banned that person from ever riding my unicorn!
Class of 2020 graduate... if I ever get there! :D
Year 11 - 2019:
English, Math Methods, VET Business 3/4, Legal Studies and Accounting

Year 12 - 2020:
English, VET Accounting 3/4, Math Methods, Legal Studies and VCE Accounting

2021: Chartered Accountant ;)

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
Re: Muck-up Day!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 09:34:10 pm »
+4
So... almost the end of school for lots of people on here... there's exams, SACs, ATARs... basically just heaps of stress :-\ I may only be year 10 but muck-up day is fun for all of us every year! (who wouldn't love a chance to get a bit of revenge on the teachers?)  ;) :P It's that time of year when you catch the year 12s secretly whispering away - plotting and planning all sorts of devilish pranks! ;) So... for the leavers... what ideas have you got? for those who've finished school what did you do... and what reaction did you get? for everyone... what kind of pranks or practical jokes do you enjoy? Here's a spot to share your ideas... as evil as they may be!  ;D
Do you know what the twelves on your campus are planning?
We got in trouble for starting to water-bomb people today, so ours will be pretty low key I recon. :'(
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

SEasternCry

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 09:34:54 pm »
+5
I don't know if this is just my school or what. but the canteen ladies always ask for change here. So I decided to bring $50 worth of loose change, mainly 5cents, 10 cents and 50 cents...
2017 HSC
Mathematics (Advanced): 98
2018 HSC
Mathematics Extension 1:95
Mathematics Extension 2:86
Chemistry: just a number
Physics: just a number
English (Advanced): just a number
Atar: just a number

S200

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 09:41:24 pm »
+1
I don't know if this is just my school or what. but the canteen ladies always ask for change here. So I decided to bring $50 worth of loose change, mainly 5cents, 10 cents and 50 cents...
Now that is a workable idea... :D
Carpe Vinum

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 09:43:41 pm »
+4
For our muck up day last year- all we did was just wear our junior uniforms for a day.
Our school didn't let us do anything crazy aha.
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

tomatosauce

• Forum Obsessive
  • Masters degree in Procrastination
  • Respect: +115
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 09:44:12 pm »
+2
hahaha... ours is online so wouldn't work... but a cool idea tho! :D

Do you know what the twelves on your campus are planning?
We got in trouble for starting to water-bomb people today, so ours will be pretty low key I recon. :'(
No I don't... there was one idea being joked about a while back that would be hilarious... one of the teachers drives a little mini... we found it would fit really well in the front foyer! She's the kind of teacher who would give you a really a good reaction!  ;) ;D Last year our year 12s had heaps of fun screwing a substantial amount of wood across the back of the staff-room door... totally locking them out! We also have a local boarding school down the road with a VERY high standard of muck-up day pranks... so good they often seem to make the local paper!
Someone told me to grow up yesterday. I immediately banned that person from ever riding my unicorn!
Class of 2020 graduate... if I ever get there! :D
Year 11 - 2019:
English, Math Methods, VET Business 3/4, Legal Studies and Accounting

Year 12 - 2020:
English, VET Accounting 3/4, Math Methods, Legal Studies and VCE Accounting

2021: Chartered Accountant ;)

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 10:09:53 pm »
+5
So... almost the end of school for lots of people on here...
You guys are only just fiinishing??  :o
Wow... I graduated on the 27th of September and our exams start on the 18th of October
I suppose its different seeing as im doing the HSC (You're doing the VCE right?)

For our muck up day, all of year 12 parked their cars on the top oval as protest to the lack of parking at school.
We also cable tied literally EVERY juniors bags to each other (surprisingly easy with 100 students) while they had assembly and then waited until they came out and tried to pull their bags apart (they were all in big groups) and we all ambushed them with water balloons >>>:)))

Our school was so chill about it
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 10:22:44 pm »
+6
Quote from: S200
We got in trouble for starting to water-bomb people today

All it takes one person to get too excited and seriously injure somebody, especially if they're unaware its coming. While i'm trying extremely hard not to be a party pooper, teachers/schools have a duty of care to students and just can't allow that to happen. Also I would recommend thinking before you commence muck up activities as whatever you do may impact future cohorts and their ability to have a fun carefree day. I know from my personal perspective when I had mine, we were limited to very safe activities (e.g. themed dress up days for the week) as the previous year's cohort got way too excited and caused some chaos which resulted in broken windows etc.... safe to say the school staff were very vigilant 2nd time around.

I get from the year 12 perspective it's hilarious but all I'd ask is that you consider the people around you as well. Like, if people volunteer/want to be water bombed, go for it.. but unsuspecting people.. nah. I know one school in my area got all the year 12s onto the oval and ran around bombing each other with those colour bomb things. Even the teachers took part as well. Again, volunteered and willing. Tick.

Not personally directed at you S200, but generally to everybody who reads this. Your actions during muck up day/week/whatever may have unintended consequences, so please think before you do and ensure that whoever you pick for whatever you plan on doing is a willing participant as you may not have all the details about that particular person (e.g. medical conditions which could further be exacerbated by your innocent intentions).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 10:34:36 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

S200

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 10:34:48 pm »
Yeah, we understood where the issue was, but the threats seemed a little brusque.
Our actuall MUD isn't for two weeks, so it was kinda early... :-\

All it takes one person to get too excited and seriously injure somebody, especially if they're unaware its coming. While i'm trying extremely hard not to be a party pooper, teachers/schools have a duty of care to students and just can't allow that to happen. Also I would recommend thinking before you commence muck up activities as whatever you do may impact future cohorts and their ability to have a fun carefree day. I know from my personal perspective when I had mine, we were limited to very safe activities (e.g. themed dress up days for the week) as the previous year's cohort got way too excited and caused some chaos which resulted in broken windows etc.... safe to say the school staff were very vigilant 2nd time around.
Yeah, our school is pretty bad like that, so we're covering every contingency on all our pranks.
Last year's group kept it pretty minimal, with just water and a slippery slide thingy, so we're thinking of replicating that.

I get from the year 12 perspective it's hilarious but all I'd ask is that you consider the people around you as well. Like, if people volunteer/want to be water bombed, go for it.. but unsuspecting people.. nah. I know one school in my area got all the year 12s onto the oval and ran around bombing each other with those colour bomb things. Even the teachers took part as well. Again, volunteered and willing. Tick.
I understand for colour bombs, but I kinda don't get why people wouldn't want to have a water fight on a hot spring day?
Carpe Vinum

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 10:36:46 pm »
+2
Quote from: S200
I understand for colour bombs, but I kinda don't get why people wouldn't want to have a water fight on a hot spring day?
Hey, by all means, go for it if everybody's a willing participant and it's supervised. Keeping in mind water bombs are more than just water.... one in the eye could seriously injure. Because when a student goes blind due to another student's idiotic behaviour, guess who the parents blame? Hint: it's not the one who threw it.

I'm sure if you went to your sub-school and asked for a specific event to be organised, they'd be at least open to the idea? After all, schools are teaching you responsibility, independence, etc.... if you had the initiative and responsible attitude to go and request it.... imo i'd be open to it if I was a coordinator.

In reality, not everybody wants to be water bombed and would rather not have to sit in wet clothes. I dunno, just how things are :P
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:25:00 pm by Aaron »

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 10:41:55 pm »
+1
When I was in high school.. it was crazy:
- Teachers got water bombed
- Teachers had honey thrown over them, followed by being covered in feathers
- Classrooms got damaged a little bit due to craziness
- A few staffers had their cars given a mini  paint job

(I felt very uneasy about some things... and I didn't participate too much.... and oh boy.. I was right! The reaction wasn't very nice and teachers got pissed off. Teachers made the students pay for damages (so did the school). A fair amount of the cohort had to pay back damages (including myself)...

Tldr...
Here's my 2 cents :<), Evil is good... but beware when it comes to property....

Scare pranks , all good. Pretend empty classrooms and other little stuff is okay.  Dress ups are okay too!

If it comes to damaging property or ruining, thats a big no no. No one likes a drenched wallet or  broken phone. Teachers and staff have really important information on them. Don't even go near cars.... some shenanigans thought it was a good idea to colour bomb a teachers car (they had to pay for the repaint job).

As for damaging property (accidentally or intentionally), be prepared to pay for the bill ... if you were involved.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 10:43:43 pm by EEEEEEP »

S200

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 10:47:58 pm »
Tldr...
 Don't even go near cars....
:-\ :-\
Literally three main pranks planned revolve around teachers cars (but not colour though)
Carpe Vinum

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 10:55:11 pm »
:-\ :-\
Literally three main pranks planned revolve around teachers cars (but not colour though)
Well are cars going to be damaged :P?

S200

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 10:57:38 pm »
Well are cars going to be damaged :P?
Um... Not permanently...

Just a some additions to them.
Carpe Vinum

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 11:00:38 pm »
+8
Eh.. imo, personal property whether that be student or teacher is a no no. Again, I sound like the party pooper but put yourself in their shoes. Potentially damaging their car that they've worked their ass off for, for your selfish enjoyment. It'd be the same if I came over to your house and damaged something that is valuable to you for no reason other than self-satisfaction. There are ways to have fun that doesn't involve destruction of property or injuring somebody. Surely you can think of something.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:02:39 pm by Aaron »