Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:07:11 am

Author Topic: JMSS entrance exam preparation  (Read 3952 times)  Share 

ggx084

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
JMSS entrance exam preparation
« on: October 19, 2019, 11:37:05 am »
Hey guys, I got in to John Monash Science School this year  ;D If you’re trying out for JMSS feel free to reply to this topic or PM (personal message) me if you need any help  :) I’ve also tried out for macrob year 9 and 10 entry, and a private school scholarship and was close to getting in so if you have any questions or need help preparing for them, feel free to ask me  :)

jayson_liam

• Fresh Poster
  • Exams = Stress
Re: JMSS entrance exam preparation
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 09:21:58 pm »
Is the Hendersons program worth it for getting into jmss?

ggx084

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 12:49:36 pm »
Is the Hendersons program worth it for getting into jmss?
I didn’t do any tutoring to get in to JMSS and more than about 95% of the people that I know that got in also didn’t do any tutoring. I wouldn’t recommend it because it might not be as helpful. I recommend self study but it’s your choice. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask  :)

breathe123

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 05:14:13 pm »
I didn’t do any tutoring to get in to JMSS and more than about 95% of the people that I know that got in also didn’t do any tutoring. I wouldn’t recommend it because it might not be as helpful. I recommend self study but it’s your choice. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask  :)
This is quite true. I went to tutoring but I did feel that it was wayyy harder than the real test. Most of my friends did tutoring but one guy who didn't do tutoring got in as well. I also got in but I still recommend self-study of year 9 and 10 books

MAN0033

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 06:01:56 pm »
Is the Maths and Numerical test harder for JMSS or Selective?

ggx084

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 03:59:17 pm »
Is the Maths and Numerical test harder for JMSS or Selective?
I would say numerical is the same in both but maths is a bit easier for JMSS exam  :)

MAN0033

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 04:39:39 pm »
Thanks and is the science hard as well? What concepts do I need to know for science and math?

ggx084

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 06:46:24 pm »

Thanks and is the science hard as well? What concepts do I need to know for science and math?
For science, you really do not need a lot of prior knowledge but I would recommend a y8/9 revision book.
For maths studying a year 9 textbook and basics of year 10 should be more than enough  ;D if you want any practice questions or links to books let me know  :)

breathe123

• Trailblazer
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 07:30:15 am »
I am also happy to offer help so PM me if you have any questions as it is easier to see them. I can also provide JMSS practice question papers.

mygoalissuccess

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 10:51:03 am »
I would say numerical is the same in both but maths is a bit easier for JMSS exam  :)
Is numerical reasoning consisting of a lot of patterns?

mygoalissuccess

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 11:23:15 am »
Hey guys, I got in to John Monash Science School this year  ;D If you’re trying out for JMSS feel free to reply to this topic or PM (personal message) me if you need any help  :) I’ve also tried out for macrob year 9 and 10 entry, and a private school scholarship and was close to getting in so if you have any questions or need help preparing for them, feel free to ask me  :)
Hello! I was wondering in the difficulty of Maths and Numerical Reasoning. How hard are they and what do I need to know?

LucasN2004

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 08:28:58 pm »
What is the interview like for the entrance? Also what is the school like, is it much different than a private school?

MAN0033

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 08:54:01 pm »
I think it is different. I myself am in a private school.