Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 05:38:28 pm

Author Topic: Best way to clear a methods prequisite without having done methods?  (Read 733 times)  Share 

winhx

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Am considering doing a bachelor of science at either rmit or melbourne university. The problem I have is I am currently not doing methods and both courses require it as a prerequisite. I am only in year 11 so it is not too late to pick it up, and i am currently teaching myself methods through a tutor. However, if I can't make it next year how would i go about fufilling the methods prequisite? Is there a small course i can after year 12 as an equivilant?

Any help is appericated!

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
Am considering doing a bachelor of science at either rmit or melbourne university. The problem I have is I am currently not doing methods and both courses require it as a prerequisite. I am only in year 11 so it is not too late to pick it up, and i am currently teaching myself methods through a tutor. However, if I can't make it next year how would i go about fufilling the methods prequisite? Is there a small course i can after year 12 as an equivilant?

Any help is appericated!
You should be allowed to pick up Unit 2 Methods this year. Speak with your teachers and push really hard for it - there's literally no reason other than "school rules" why they won't let you do it (i.e., it makes no difference to VCAA).

That's the best way, just get your Methods prereq ticked off in Year 12, you should be okay :)

Otherwise, yeah - you can take Methods equivalent units in your first semester of uni, probably regardless of what degree you get into. Just use an elective or breadth subject to take the basic Math unit at uni, and that will satisfy prereqs and you can transfer into your degree later :)
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️