Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:09:20 am

Author Topic: Monash General Chat  (Read 1406589 times)  Share 

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
Re: Monash General Chat
« Reply #6000 on: February 03, 2021, 08:48:43 pm »
So i'm trying to make a monash account right now, and I've only got to the email verification stage, which they are suppose to send me an email to confirm everything to continue on to make the account. It's been 6 hours since I did that and no email. Is that normal? Has anyone else experienced this?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 09:04:21 pm by Geoo »
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #6001 on: February 05, 2021, 09:55:54 am »
+1
Is is just me and my course, or do the options available on Allocate+ change VASTLY from when they open to when they close?  I thought I'd just check quickly before 10am today to be safe and see if anything new had opened up, and wow.  There were a lot of new, deleted or changed options, and for one class the days had completely changed (but my preference allocation stayed the same on the page layout, so by default I had selected a bunch of classes on days I was trying to completely avoid).

I'm glad I took the precaution! #jaffy

EDIT: Huh, looks like the date Allocate+ closes has also changed. ???
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 10:20:17 am by heids »
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #6002 on: February 06, 2021, 06:37:13 pm »
+4
So i'm trying to make a monash account right now, and I've only got to the email verification stage, which they are suppose to send me an email to confirm everything to continue on to make the account. It's been 6 hours since I did that and no email. Is that normal? Has anyone else experienced this?
Bit late to this but from memory, I got my email at least 12 hours after trying to set things up. Was 4 years ago so don't have crystal clear memory, but I remember being so worried and it just ended up being something that's super slow.

alexandra.vo

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #6003 on: February 10, 2021, 01:47:45 pm »
Could I have someones opinion plz! I wanted to study biomedical science at monash because i'm hoping to study medicine in the future although I ended up getting into a bachelor of science hoping to transfer to biomedicine next yr. I was speaking to some people and they recommended me to study PHS103 as its similar to BMS1031 which is a core unit of biomedical science. I have currently chosen academic writing as an elective because I wanted a unit which isn't as difficult. Should I take that PHS103 class or not? Will it be useful as I do want to study medicine afterwards.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #6004 on: February 27, 2021, 09:35:57 am »
+1

^ I'm not a med person so I can't really help with the above question but I hope you get clarity on that

Walking past o-week stuff seemed strange this year, there looked to be a lot less stalls than usual but at the same time it was odd to see that level of "normalcy". For everyone who had their first o-week this year how did you find it?

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
« Reply #6005 on: October 17, 2021, 12:23:18 am »
Has anyone done ASP1010 Cosmos to Astronomy? If you did, how would you rate the difficulty, how well the unit is run and whether it's relatively decent to get a High Distinction given alright effort? My Physics knowledge is a bit limited as I haven't done VCE Physics and only did a Biophysics at Uni so far which I scored ok so will that hold me back severely?
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #6006 on: November 20, 2021, 12:11:15 am »
+2
How have everyone's exams been for semester 2?

User54679

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #6007 on: December 17, 2021, 05:52:28 pm »
Hello! I am hoping to study at Monash next year but don't have a car and was wondering how difficult it is to get around Clayton without one. I will also be working throughout the year so I was wondering if I would face difficulties getting to and from work by relying on public transport alone. I am from regional Victoria and have never been to Clayton so any advice would be much appreciated!

Professor Polonsky

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +118
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #6008 on: December 18, 2021, 10:15:09 pm »
+2
Hello! I am hoping to study at Monash next year but don't have a car and was wondering how difficult it is to get around Clayton without one. I will also be working throughout the year so I was wondering if I would face difficulties getting to and from work by relying on public transport alone. I am from regional Victoria and have never been to Clayton so any advice would be much appreciated!
A lot of students travel via public transport to campus (I don't have the exact statistics, but I would think a majority). There is no reason to own a car just to get to campus. Personally, even though I did own a car, it was more convenient for me to catch public transport to uni.

It will depend a lot on where you intend to live and work, but getting to/from campus via public transport is not complicated. Probably the most common route is a train to Huntingdale station and then the 601 shuttle bus to campus (it's a continuous service, no timetable needed), but there are also a lot of local bus routes that stop at campus.

Mackenzie Aps

• Forum Regular
« Reply #6009 on: December 19, 2021, 07:13:29 pm »
Not sure if anyone can help me on this forum but looking for some advice, I've left replies with Monash. Re how much SEAS will apply with course offerings this year/next year. I received an ATAR of 89.15 which means I'm short from getting into undergraduate Commerce degree or Commerce with Science or PPE.  My goal was Law but obviously I cannot get into with my ATAR. The Careers advisor at my school is suggesting I put Deakin Law/Commerce or Law/Science within my first 1 to 3 preferences to secure a position there in the first round offer, as highly likely I will get as I get subject adjustments from Deakin to secure the 91/91.75 ATAR requirement, over the courses at Monash which are 90 to 91.75 as no one really knows how much SEAS will be factored in by Monash.  My concern is that not many people I know go to Deakin and usually go to Monash (I've come from a top boys grammar school in Melb)  for Law or Commerce pathways.  Is anyone out there able to guide me with Monash Commerce/Science/PPE options and possibly transferring/picking up Law later vs Deakin Law/Commerce or Law/Science - what Deakin is like and reputation.

Raiyan Iqbal

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #6010 on: April 21, 2022, 11:04:06 pm »
What GPA would I need to transfer credits from Monash Binfotech to Unimelb Bcom or Computer Software and Systems after completing semester 1? How easy would it be to transfer?

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #6011 on: April 24, 2022, 02:17:43 pm »
What GPA would I need to transfer credits from Monash Binfotech to Unimelb Bcom or Computer Software and Systems after completing semester 1? How easy would it be to transfer?

Post this on the UoM General Chat (which you have done) and hopefully someone will be able to help you.