Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 05:05:36 am

Author Topic: So this is gonna be interesting...  (Read 21525 times)

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
  • Work hard and be rewarded
  • Respect: +50
Re: So this is gonna be interesting...
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2018, 06:29:11 pm »
My teacher was absolutely horrible as well. I swear I learnt nothing the two years I was in his class. I also go to a Catholic school and they really DO expect us to know everything. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, good luck with exams and SORI! It's almost over! *Jumps up and down happily*

I'm glad others are in the same boat! Good luck to you also!!
HSC 2018
Biology || Business Studies || English Standard || Genral Math || PDHPE || Studies of Religion I

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2018, 02:44:58 pm »
+6
I am trying so desperately not to hit the wall. HSC seems so close yet so far and although I was comfortable a couple of days ago, I can't help but wonder if I'm actually going to be prepared for my exams. I have about a month until its all over, actually less than a month, I would have gotten on a plane at this time and jetted off to Bali for a week. Crazy to think that there'll actually be an end to all of this.

At the moment I don't exactly have a study timetable and I'm making it all up as I go, doing subjects I 'feel' like doing when I wake up which seems to be working out decently well actually. Yesterday and today I've been in a Bio-y mood so thats been on the cards but I'll need to start on business revision soon, working on extended responses and such. I'm leaving English to the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of that week, mainly because I feel like I'll stress too much about it if I start earlier. The only thing I'm working on now for english is memorising two creative pieces but other than that its M, T, W for English.

I guess that's it for the moment.

Breakdown Count: 32  :)

HSCya later,
Britt  8)
HSC 2018
Biology || Business Studies || English Standard || Genral Math || PDHPE || Studies of Religion I

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2018, 12:30:14 pm »
+2
I am trying so desperately not to hit the wall. HSC seems so close yet so far and although I was comfortable a couple of days ago, I can't help but wonder if I'm actually going to be prepared for my exams.

I've hit the wall and as the date of English Paper 1 draws closer I'm getting more and more anxious. I don't know exactly how to feel at this point. As the date gets closer I get less and less motivated to do anything. I don't even want to sit the exams before. I don't know why but something is just telling me to go fuck it and sleep through all of my exams.

In fact! That feeling is so damn strong that I've actually had NIGHTMARES that I've slept through English Paper 1 AND 2!! Like... I go to bed on Wednesday night and I wake up on Friday afternoon and its all over. I can't get an ATAR anymore because I need the English units.

I'm also finding it very hard to sleep at night. I've been charging my phone across the other side of the room and putting an alarm on so I wake up but I still can't sleep. I just toss and turn for hours! It's impossible to get into a good sleeping pattern.

Last, of all I'm scared. Scared that I won't be able to get an ATAR high enough to get into my dream course. Scared that I've have studied so hard to throw it all away at the final stage of the process. Scared that I'll let down all of those people who wish me luck and tell me I'm going to do great. Scared that I'll let down my Mum because of she as a single mother paid for all my school fees and all I could give her was a shitty ATAR. Scared that I'll let down myself.

I know that the HSC isn't the be all and end all. I know that it won't define me. But. It's the hardest challenge I've had to face to date and a long challenge at that. I know there's plenty of ways to get into Uni, but the quickest and easiest way to get in is off of ATAR alone, and I don't think I'm going to be able to do that.

This is not a breakdown, but merely an outlet of thoughts (still haven't cried woo 🎉)

Breakdown Count: 32

HSCya later,
Britt  8)
HSC 2018

headsup

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +53
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2018, 03:47:30 pm »
+2
Hey!!!

You will be fine. After all this work the best you can do is just try your best. Whatever ATAR you get at least you got an ATAR and finished 13 years of schooling and SURVIVED!!!

Dont give. Famous quote... You don't fail until you stop trying. Everyone else is in the same boat and trying to make it through...

All the very best for Thursday. Not long and it will all be over!
So close to the end!!!!
MY SCHEDULE
18th - English P1
19th - English P2
25th - Mathematics
29th - Modern History
30th - Mathematics extension one
2nd - Business Studies
7th - Economics
9th - D&T
10th - DONE!!!
14th - Turn 18!!
15th - green P's!

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2018, 12:56:45 am »
You will be fine. After all this work the best you can do is just try your best.

You don't fail until you stop trying.

All the very best for Thursday. Not long and it will all be over!

Your kind words really helped me in my study today. I read your reply this morning and immediatley wrote the quote out and stuck it on my wall where I study. Thank you for the well wishes also :)
HSC 2018

headsup

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +53
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2018, 07:14:23 am »
+2
No problemo.
We are all in this together.... Study hard!!
So close to the end!!!!
MY SCHEDULE
18th - English P1
19th - English P2
25th - Mathematics
29th - Modern History
30th - Mathematics extension one
2nd - Business Studies
7th - Economics
9th - D&T
10th - DONE!!!
14th - Turn 18!!
15th - green P's!

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2018, 10:39:28 pm »
+7
Quick post before I head off to bed on the night before the exam that stops the nation... well the state... well the graduating class of 2018 and some old farts that supervise... English paper 1.

I don't feel as prepared as I feel like I should be and oddly enough, I'm not really stressed about it. I feel like that would've been me in 2, 3, 4 weeks time if that was the beginning of HSC. I don't think I would ever feel 100% prepared for the first exam of HSC. Maybe since that's my thought process thats why I'm not really stressing.

I have a creative writing piece memorised as well as 6 quotes from my prescribed 'Away' and 6 from my related 'The Fault in Our Stars' - movie. I hope that my knowledge on my texts will get me by.

That's all for now.

Breakdown Count: 32  ;D

HSCya later,
Britt 8)
HSC 2018

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2018, 02:44:16 pm »
Quick post before I head off to bed on the night before the exam that stops the nation... well the state... well the graduating class of 2018 and some old farts that supervise... English paper 1.

I don't feel as prepared as I feel like I should be and oddly enough, I'm not really stressed about it. I feel like that would've been me in 2, 3, 4 weeks time if that was the beginning of HSC. I don't think I would ever feel 100% prepared for the first exam of HSC. Maybe since that's my thought process thats why I'm not really stressing.

I have a creative writing piece memorised as well as 6 quotes from my prescribed 'Away' and 6 from my related 'The Fault in Our Stars' - movie. I hope that my knowledge on my texts will get me by.

That's all for now.

Breakdown Count: 32  ;D

HSCya later,
Britt 8)

Hope it went well, Britt!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2018, 05:20:45 pm »
+8
SO!

I didn't post a recap on paper one for a couple of reasons
1. I had a breakdown or two
2. Studying for English paper 2
3. Posting memes and updating my story on IG @hscya.later

PAPER 1

So English paper one was really bad for me. The only section I was happy with was the creative which I thought I'd be done within half an hour but took me the whole 40 minutes it's allocated for me to do so that was a bummer.

The short answers were very unexpected and really hard to draw techniques from. This was stimulus one, Stimulus 2 was Srah Day's poem 'Antartic ship' which is nowhere to be found on the internet and the third is an excerpt from Robert someones book on how perceptions are changed at different landmarks or some stupid shot. I didn't get to read it because I ran out of time and just looked at a sentence and made it a technique. Poor form I know.

The essay question wasn't bad but I didn't do good with it is my problem. I only had two body paragraphs for my essay. Love that for me.

After that exam, I cried. twice. and as I was driving home I had to pull over because i couldn't see past my tears  :'( ahahahaha what a sad life...

PAPER 2

Wasn't too bad actually, I would've liked to have written more but that's okay. I'm happy with how I did.

I started with Module C, Exploring transitions - The Story of Tom Brennan. This was my best essay. I planned it in the reading time got all my quotes down for it and I wrote 3 paragraphs instead of two. The question asked us to discuss the quote 'Transitions involve as much loss as they do gain.' in relation to prescribed and ORT. I did the 1st paragraph on P loss 2nd one on ORT gain and 3rd on P gain. So even though unbalanced hopefully the markers like my essay. Whatever I don't really care anymore.

NEXT

Module B Wilfred Owen asked 'The complexity of human relationships in the centre of Wilfred Owen's poetry. discuss this view relating to excerpt (insensibility) and ONE other poem.' in which I did Anthem for Doomed youth and agreed with the statement using I for human relationships between soldiers and ADY for human relationships between soldiers and those at home. I wrote 2 paragraphs referencing 2-3 quotes from each and about 5-6 techniques.

FINALLY

Module A Distinktivley Visual. The question was trash. 'How do distinctive images allow the composer to challenge and educate their audience?' prescribed and ORT as usual. So that question sucked because of the education part and I'm basically BS the whole thing so have fun marking that one HSC person.

After the exam, I looked at memes and did everything I had to do on the meme acc and went to the beach. I have a touch semifinal tonight so hopefully, that goes well and hopefully my stress eating hasn't affected my fitness. I'll get back to you on that one.

Breakdown count: 34  :-X

HSCya later,
Britt  8)
HSC 2018

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2018, 02:39:39 pm »
+9
Well, talk about transitions and venturing into new worlds ahahaha.

So that meme account right. @hscya.later? yeah, that one... so that's mine lmao and I just revealed my face on it yesterday because I hit 2000 followers and I was so nervous! wow. I didn't expect the account to be as big as it is like honestly, I'm amazed. But I am so glad that I have a platform that allows students just like me to have a bit of a joke and a de-stress from hsc as well as a safe place to ask questions freely.

One of the things I love to do is help others and with that account and that platform, I'm able to do that. Jamon jumped on the live stream also and helped me answer some questions (legend) and it worked out really well. Everyone is so nice as well!!! My private Instagram is blowing up too and I had to take my snapchat out of my bio because people were already adding me on that.  But yeah that was something new I just wanted to talk about. I'm so so overwhelmed but so so happy at the same time like wow, the hsc can bring people together and that's a great thing right? 😂

Anyways that's it for now ahahaha

Breakdown Count: 34

HSCya later,
Britt  8)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 12:33:15 am by BrittyG »
HSC 2018

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2018, 02:41:17 pm »
+1

So that meme account right. @hscya.later? yeah, that one... so that's mine lmao and I just revealed my face on it yesterday because I hit 2000 followers and I was so nervous! wow. I didn't expect the account to be as big as it is like honestly, I'm amazed. But I am so glad that I have a platform that allows students just like me to have a bit of a joke and a de-stress from hsc as well as a safe place to ask questions freely.

One of the things I love to do is help others and with that account and that platform, I'm able to do that. Jamon jumped on the live stream also and helped me answer some questions (legend) and it worked out really well. Everyone is so nice as we!!! My private Instagram is blowing up too and I had to take my snapchat out of my bio because people were already adding me on that.  But yeah that was something new I just wanted to talk about. I'm so so overwhelmed but so so happy at the same time like wow, the hsc can bring people together and that's a great thing right? 😂

HSCya later,
Britt  8)

The livestream was amazing! Really fantastic work - I think it went super well! :D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2018, 04:01:25 pm »
+4

One of the things I love to do is help others and with that account and that platform, I'm able to do that. Jamon jumped on the live stream also and helped me answer some questions (legend) and it worked out really well. Everyone is so nice as we!!! My private Instagram is blowing up too and I had to take my snapchat out of my bio because people were already adding me on that.  But yeah that was something new I just wanted to talk about. I'm so so overwhelmed but so so happy at the same time like wow, the hsc can bring people together and that's a great thing right? 😂

HSCya later,
Britt  8)

OMG I DIDN'T KNOW THAT INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT WAS YOU, AND DIDN'T KNOW THAT INSTAGRAM WAS YOU HERE ON AN - I LITERALLY READ YOUR JOURNAL ALL THE TIME AND DEADSET WAS WATCHING THAT LIVE STREAM

LITERALLY SHOCKED RN
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2018, 05:17:07 pm »
+1
I watched most of your live stream. It was really good!!  ;D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2018, 12:02:46 am »
+1
The livestream was amazing! Really fantastic work - I think it went super well! :D

Thank you so much!! :))) I didn't know people from AN watched!!

OMG I DIDN'T KNOW THAT INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT WAS YOU, AND DIDN'T KNOW THAT INSTAGRAM WAS YOU HERE ON AN - I LITERALLY READ YOUR JOURNAL ALL THE TIME AND DEADSET WAS WATCHING THAT LIVE STREAM

LITERALLY SHOCKED RN

NO WAY!!! That's actually super cool!! Glad I could have you along on my HSC journey and my meme Journey ahahahah Everything has come full circle!  :o spooky ahahah

Btw good luck for legal tomorrow... well today  ;D

I watched most of your live stream. It was really good!!  ;D

Thank you for tuning in!!!

Wow I honestly didn't know people from AN were active on my meme account! I'm actually really shocked at my reach 😯 kinda scary but kinda cool 8)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 12:34:55 am by BrittyG »
HSC 2018

Caitlynk_22

• MOTM: DEC 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +238
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2018, 09:12:56 am »
+2
I watched your live stream while I was doing some studying. Well... listening to it XD My friends and I always send funny memes from your instagram and they're always so relatable. Keep up the good work!
2018 - HSC - My HSC Journal 2018
2019 - Gap Year - Cert 3 @ TAFE My Gap Year Journal
2020 - 2022 B of Design (Architecture) @ UoN My University Journal